Racing September Daily Punt- RIP Mikaela Claridge & Mel Tyndall

Who wins the Golden Rose

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It beat Scales of Justice and SOJ is second fave in the main race. Surely Dalasan just wins?
It may be a too simplistic view of the race, but it's the one I'm taking.

There's definitely queries (distance, down the straight, tempo etc.) but on what they've all done, he's in a different league. I don't think anything in this race would've run a place in Adelaide, let alone win.

I wonder how they measure tipsters performance on Sky and .com. POT or just % of winners from tips. Surely has to be some sort of POT measure but the rate of Favs which keep getting tipped is disproportionate

As if they'd even bother measuring it. Their job security would be based on their arse kissing ability not their tipping.

Think SOJ needs to improve off his last two to beat her.
Maybe.

I think the Memsie was a stronger race overall than the PB Lawrence, but Hartnell is a pretty reliable benchmark. There's not much between his beaten distance FUP MJ vs 3rd up SOJ, so it's not a bad shout.

I'll be winning if she wins, don't worry about that.

Scales Justice 6 into 4.40

They know again?

horses like him are so easy to back, especially when you are not fave. 3 consistent performances this prep, previous preps hit this mark as well, can go forward and take sits.

you just have a high degree of confidence in repeat-ability of performance. underrated asset in punting.

There's definitely queries (distance, down the straight, tempo etc.) but on what they've all done, he's in a different league. I don't think anything in this race would've run a place in Adelaide, let alone win.
Same

Sometimes the obvious is easily ignored

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plenty in this would be able to beat La Tene home - something he couldn't do on his only Victorian trip so far.

strongly disagree.

timeform also think she was quite plain FU.

Not surprised Mr Contrarian WA fapper ;)

Yet both beat Hartnell home the same - with SOM getting the absolute peach A grade dream run last time out.

Geez if she can do that plain imagine how much she'll win by if the real one turns up!

horses like him are so easy to back, especially when you are not fave. 3 consistent performances this prep, previous preps hit this mark as well, can go forward and take sits.

you just have a high degree of confidence in repeat-ability of performance. underrated asset in punting.

Except FU when you didn't even want him at laughable overs against a 3yo winter squib ;)

They also had a high degree of confidence when he got rolled in Adelaide.

The same price now he was LTO and faces a much better horse here - poison again.

People are acting if MJ is some up and down cat but she is the most consistent horse in Australia the last 12 months outisde Winx.

Flemington:

Rc1. Surprised Harrison wasn't favourite here. The two shorter in the market probably been disappointing in their Aust runs

Rc4 Romancer bet of the card for mine. Been racing well in good grade, rock hard fit and in at the weights pretty well given Kiwia 1st up over this dist is no hope and the 54kg limit

Rc5 Dalasan wins with the SOJ form yeah?

Rc7. Can't really see anything upsetting the favourites MJ from SOJ but Kings Will Dream ran 2nd in this to star Flem miler Grunt last season and wasn't too bad first up and should improve. Smokey

Rosehill:

Rc6 Yes Yes Yes. Looked impressed the win before the Golden Slipper. Much more impressive 2yo than Bivouac whos bubble burst. Exceedance didn't strike anybody as a Golden Rose horse a month ago so really its just down to how far forward Yes Yes Yes is for mine.

Rc7. Box tri leaving out AQ. Poison unders as this board would say.

Plenty in this would be able to beat La Tene home - something he couldn't do on his only Victorian trip so far.
Nice little kick off by La Tene last week. Might be another win for her if they don't aim too high.

You'll have to take my word for it that I'd back the colt to turn the tables.

Rc7. Can't really see anything upsetting the favourites MJ from SOJ but Kings Will Dream ran 2nd in this to star Flem miler Grunt last season and wasn't too bad first up and should improve. Smokey

I lol'd

Agree - no surprise to see Sebrekate turn the tables on Super Seth after copping the Willow slaughter last start

Nice little kick off by La Tene last week. Might be another win for her if they don't aim too high.

Make that 3 weeks ago for La Tene and she's in R3 tomorrow. Not overly fancied, nice little EW chance.

Back