September Daily Punt - Spring is in the air

Remove this Banner Ad

Whoops my bad. I thought you were talking distance. $6 is about right to me but suspect he will be far shorter come Raceday

Don't want a bar of it at that price, happy to risk it. Hauraki I don't mind to knock Palentino off.

Last edited:
Whoops my bad. I thought you were talking distance. $6 is about right to me but suspect he will be far shorter come Raceday

Also quite rare for Melbourne horses to be heavily backed in Sydney - I reckon they'll come for Hauraki.

Trivia time - who was the last Victorian horse to win an Epsom?

Breednet has it as John Denham? - http://www.breednet.com.au/stakes-race-results/stakesResults.asp?mdate=2/10/1993&v=RANDWICK&r=6

Although given Shelly Hancox owned it that does suggest it was probably a Vic

If not then it's him - otherwise it's Super.

The point is - it's a Sydney horses race

a Handicap mile in and around the Makybe, RC and Toorak. not sure why a victorian would go up there and still not sure why he's going up there. clearly best horse in it but would have stuck at WFA and a strong CP prep.

same as the slipper. the diamond is right there and you don't have to travel. plenty attempt to do both but too much on a young horse. slipper isn't a sydney horse race it's just the way it works.

a Handicap mile in and around the Makybe, RC and Toorak. not sure why a victorian would go up there and still not sure why he's going up there. clearly best horse in it but would have stuck at WFA and a strong CP prep.

same as the slipper. the diamond is right there and you don't have to travel. plenty attempt to do both but too much on a young horse. slipper isn't a sydney horse race it's just the way it works.

Tautology - they just find ways to get beat. You're kidding yourself if you don't think Sydney horses go better in the Slipper than they would in Melbourne and vice versa

Slipper - Epsom - Doncaster - don't back Melbourne horses
Cups - don't back Sydney horses

Whatever the reasoning this goes a long way to helping you find those who can't win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pinker Pinker the last to place for the Vics as far as I can see.

Certainly improved when going back to Victoria though ;)

melbourne horses SP under $10 have a 100% strike rate in placing in the last 5 years

only 4 have contested the race in the last 5 years by my count. hoodoo's mean nothing as long as you account for the logic behind them.

Golden Sword was trained by Meagher when he won the Epsom/Toorak double. Was retired to stud but didn't fire! Returned to racing under tutelage of Jack Denham but broke down in a Chipping Norton if memory serves correctly.

I'm on Makintosh for the Epsom

To be fair not many Melbourne horses go up for the Epsom as they stay in Melb for the spring. Super Impose was thought to go better the Sydney way of going most of his career although he did go up there to meet weaker horses at the time

To be fair not many Melbourne horses go up for the Epsom as they stay in Melb for the spring. Super Impose was thought to go better the Sydney way of going most of his career although he did go up there to meet weaker horses at the time

Agree. In recent years it has been more of a good horses race than a Sydney horses races imo

Funny how hen Gai was dominating Sydney fields, group races & premierships it was a breath of fresh air. Chris Waller does it, racing is predictable & boring.

Interesting how Crownbet put 2.25 up for Onei Sword for the flight. She is now into $1.6

Funny how hen Gai was dominating Sydney fields, group races & premierships it was a breath of fresh air. Chris Waller does it, racing is predictable & boring.

Interesting how Crownbet put 2.25 up for Onei Sword for the flight. She is now into $1.6

wut? The exact same complaints were made when Gai was dominating

Sounds like Sir Isaac Newton's probably coming over for the CC. His form was good up until his last run in the Irish Champion, albeit a very strong race. Assured of a run with 54.5kgs.

Sounds like Sir Isaac Newton's probably coming over for the CC. His form was good up until his last run in the Irish Champion, albeit a very strong race. Assured of a run with 54.5kgs.

will be interesting if this version turns up

latest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back