Racing September Daily Punt Thread - Is Zaaki The New Winx?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incentivise at $4.20 for the Caulfield Cup. Can PP it to $4.60. Tempted to have 10 units on now as surely it only shortens from here.

Im really warming to the idea of him in the Melbourne Cup as well. The pedigree is there for sure with him being loaded with Hyperion blood (winner of an ascot gold cup) and a horse who only got better over further.

He does carry the premier crossing in bloodlines with Danzig as the sire line and Northern Dancer on the broodmares sire line.

Incentivise at $4.20 for the Caulfield Cup. Can PP it to $4.60. Tempted to have 10 units on now as surely it only shortens from here.

Im really warming to the idea of him in the Melbourne Cup as well. The pedigree is there for sure with him being loaded with Hyperion blood (winner of an ascot gold cup) and a horse who only got better over further.

He does carry the premier crossing in bloodlines with Danzig as the sire line and Northern Dancer on the broodmares sire line.

Will walk it in at Flemington if it gets the trip for mine

I like seeing the ultimate gear change. Not because it improves the horse, but because connections stop trying to turn it into a breeding stallion and lower their expectations to winnable races.

On evidence of last night Big Al needs to be shipped off to Meydan

That confident even with the potential 56.5 - 57 kg if it wins the CC?

Yup. The weight reflects the fact that this years race is utter trash. There is nothing unexposed down in the weights to fear

I’m going back to 90s style cups where if there was a decent WFA horse in the race that got the trip they basically won

Yup. The weight reflects the fact that this years race is utter trash. There is nothing unexposed down in the weights to fear

I’m going back to 90s style cups where if there was a decent WFA horse in the race that got the trip they basically won

Any update on your thoughts on HH after running a nice 4th on an unsuitable deck there yesterday? Don't know why they would want to fk around on those dodgy wet sydney decks for an espom (especially when Waller just got Atishu into the race on low weight yesterday). Why not opt for the safer choice in CC route? A lot better chance to get dry decks and its clearly a weak cups year.

Any update on your thoughts on HH after running a nice 4th on an unsuitable deck there yesterday? Don't know why they would want to fk around on those dodgy wet sydney decks for an espom (especially when Waller just got Atishu into the race on low weight yesterday). Why not opt for the safer choice in CC route? A lot better chance to get dry decks and its clearly a weak cups year.

For mine she was one of those fillies who won the Oaks on class rather than staying ability so I think it would be the wrong move to go for the Cups

Brad Davidson going the full kool aid after dirtying up his best bet TIO (lel) was rolled yesterday - hard to believe he could embarrass himself more than his pre race tip but he has done so

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By my looking in the preludes it would have to be one of first times this generation that the girls outrated the boys in a same distance same race day and a outsider won the girls. Hard to see them being good form references.

By my looking in the preludes it would have to be one of first times this generation that the girls outrated the boys in a same distance same race day and a outsider won the girls. Hard to see them being good form references.
That’s a nice way to put it. If Anamoe fails the Guineas is wideeee open. It may set it up for a blowout like Mr Mozart to win!!!

That’s a nice way to put it. If Anamoe fails the Guineas is wideeee open. It may set it up for a blowout like Mr Mozart to win!!!

That bad huh, I was just comparing race to race so no scale to compare against apart from median beat margins but whatever way to look at it hard to think they are any good. I was on Brigantine and he wobbled first time Caulfield probably wins if run again but was pretty disappointing giving winner weight even if it rained. I think we will start seeing the Sydney form come up a bit stronger like usual and hopefuly a couple of improving runs out of the rose this weekend. That's where I'd be focusing outside Anamoe. Anamoe no sure thing in himself on what he's done so far, although by FAR best profile.

WaterBott making a habit of not developing their good 2yos?

I think it is an Australia wide phenomena - it's not a lack of development - it's just that the horses are not any good to begin with but when they race each other something has to win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back