Racing September - Daily Punt

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I thought it was pretty good. Slow away and then he went for home early, entitled to get a bit tired.

Few good run ons behind, (including my useless girl Qafila) but if she's allowed to control the race a bit more you'd wanna be on her.

Grunt probably not suited to leading but he was still garbage.

Not sure that's gonna be the form race of the spring.

On the whole a pretty decent days racing. Most peoples good things Smart Melody and Furrion both won; most other results pretty haveable.

Only campaigner of a winner for mine was Native Soldier - I dunno why the *er has to always win like Phar Lap and ruin my quaddies, like he's rubbing it in... but maybe more a personal thing that one. Good luck to you if you found him. :rainbow:

Even though most winners were on speed I think it was more circumstance rather than bias; I definitely spotted a few sneaky runs in behind that hopefully go unnoticed, so might pay to check out the replays for some future winners.

Good punting :thumbsu:

Any concerns with Smart Melody stepping up to the mile in 2 weeks?

Off today’s performance nope but think I’ll be looking around it due to the price. Was happy to go 1 out today but might have some safety then.

Was always going to win the minute I don’t back the thing

This - had backed every start since the Golden Slipper - and Saturday it chooses to run down the thing I was on at $10 - literally hope it dies of colic!

Any concerns with Smart Melody stepping up to the mile in 2 weeks?

I'd have some concerns just given the way she raced on Saturday - looked pretty brilliant to me - surely much better suited to the Coolmore given already proven down the straight but I guess they can do both!

But my main take away from the weekend actions is that outside Winx there isn't one top level horse in Australia that can put back to back good runs together.

Has become a fair dinkum lottery at the top most of the time.

But my main take away from the weekend actions is that outside Winx there isn't one top level horse in Australia that can put back to back good runs together.

Has become a fair dinkum lottery at the top most of the time.
On 927 yesterday there was debate Winx v Enable.

Pity a match up can never happen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd have some concerns just given the way she raced on Saturday - looked pretty brilliant to me - surely much better suited to the Coolmore given already proven down the straight but I guess they can do both!
Wrong. Can’t do both. History of horses in the Coolmore dropping down from a mile is absolutely appalling. First ones to put a line through.

This - had backed every start since the Golden Slipper - and Saturday it chooses to run down the thing I was on at $10 - literally hope it dies of colic!

You and me both was dead set spewing and to absolutely compound things I left it out of the quaddie and I fluked the other 3 legs. Campaigner of a day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back