Collingwood
Looks like it will be made up of:

Redbacks
Woodsmen
Pine Rivers
Yeronga
Coll Park
Beenleigh

Fairly good concentration there, with only a Redbacks or Beenliegh vs Pine Rivers game resulting in a long journey for players.

Bond seem to have gone to a South league full of teams from Nth NSW as far as Byron/Lismore/Ballina - could be some ripper bus trips!!

Bribie sticking with the Northern Division, shame they couldn't come back to central - the away game there is a highlight!

doesn't seem to be a reserves competition anymore in higher Div's so may see more movement up & down in future seasons, with Reddies finally getting their wish to move up (to Div 3, how ironic!?!)

Anyway should be an interesting year, hopefully some more teams jump in.

Pretty sure Woodsmen have their sign on day this Saturday at Chelmer, so if anyone is looking for a club - they should head on down

Re: SEQAFL Div 4 Central

Woodsmen and Redbacks have shared the last 3 flags.

Bond and Coomera have come and gone, Coomera went up to Div 2, despite not making the Div 3 GF and Bond have gone to southern league.

Yeronga are traditionally a 10 goal win for most, and Beenleigh struggled in their first season last year but could improve like Coll Park. In 2010 Coll Park were hopeless, but in 2011 they made the finals and beat Woodsmen twice.

It's a pretty competitive league for the Top 4 clubs

Woodsmen and Redbacks have shared the last 3 flags.

Bond and Coomera have come and gone, Coomera went up to Div 2, despite not making the Div 3 GF and Bond have gone to southern league.

Yeronga are traditionally a 10 goal win for most, and Beenleigh struggled in their first season last year but could improve like Coll Park. In 2010 Coll Park were hopeless, but in 2011 they made the finals and beat Woodsmen twice.

It's a pretty competitive league for the Top 4 clubs

Pine Rivers went through the season undefeated until losing the grand final replay last year in the Division 3 North comp

doesn't seem to be a reserves competition anymore in higher Div's so may see more movement up & down in future seasons, with Reddies finally getting their wish to move up (to Div 3, how ironic!?!)

Thommo. I'm curious about what you mean here. From the look of the draw, the above divisions still have reserves.

Will be interesting to see the redbacks and pine rivers going head to head.

do they?

my mistake, I had assumed the expanded dvisions meant no more reserves.

Woodsmen played Pine Rivers in a pre-season hit out last season and won by a goal from memory, so it will be good to have more competitive teams in the comp. It's a shame Bond have headed south

yeah we (Yeronga) played them in a trial last year too and they smashed us. They had a pretty solid midfield from memory. We played them in the pooring rain. Their ground had just been opened after some sort of contamination resulting from the floods I assume. We played a few under 18s in the game and were a little light at the contests. With only one team to field, they should be pretty strong this year.

yeah we (Yeronga) played them in a trial last year too and they smashed us. They had a pretty solid midfield from memory. We played them in the pooring rain. Their ground had just been opened after some sort of contamination resulting from the floods I assume. We played a few under 18s in the game and were a little light at the contests. With only one team to field, they should be pretty strong this year.

On another forum there is talk that Beenleigh may not be fielding a team in this comp. Where's Buffs when you need him? He'd have all the inside gossip.

Let's hope they play, the less teams in the comp the less enjoyable it is I reckon.

On another forum there is talk that Beenleigh may not be fielding a team in this comp. Where's Buffs when you need him? He'd have all the inside gossip.

Let's hope they play, the less teams in the comp the less enjoyable it is I reckon.

Word around is that Beenleigh probably won't get a 3rd side but Coorparoo could possibly field one

Woodsmen in their 4th season, had 30 at training for the first time in their history last night.

Far cry from almost not fielding a side in last years Prelim!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

G'day,

Just moved up from Melbourne and keen to have a kick. Will most likely be in the nundah or Windsor area. Any clubs situated near there?

Cheers

G'day,

Just moved up from Melbourne and keen to have a kick. Will most likely be in the nundah or Windsor area. Any clubs situated near there?

Cheers

What level are you looking at playing? Where did you play in Melb? If you want to play local to where you live, Sandgate play Div 1 and are pretty close. PM me if you want some details.

Looks like it will be made up of:

Redbacks
Woodsmen
Pine Rivers
Yeronga
Coll Park
Beenleigh

Scratch Beenleigh everyone. We're down to a lonely 5, unless there's a late entry over the weekend. :(

Disappointing for Beenleigh as I know they really enjoyed the season last year.

Well it's been a long off-season. First game begins tomorrow if Im not mistaken. Anyone got any tips? We've got the round one bye. Im tipping Woodsmen in a close one at Collingwood Park, although I have no idea how strong either team will be this year. I heard a rumour that some of the Collingwood Park boys were playing in the Calamvale reserves last round.

Got a big squad to start the season Thommo?

Looking forward to hearing who gets up in the other game. The redbacks after consecutive premierships coming up against the new boys Pine Rivers. I'll tip the redbacks at home just.

Got a fairly big squad down at Woodsmen, approximately 40 registered players which is good. However, despite this we picked a side last night from only 23 available!

Probably 5 or so unavailable due to injury, then the rest with other committments I think.

We have played one praccy match, against Collingwood Park last friday night and won by about 10 goals. No idea on respective strengths of teams though, we ran about 7 on the bench, whereas they only had 22.

We have a mixture of new players who have never played before and others who look to be extremely good footballers - so should be an interesting year. No doubt, like previous seasons, the gap between our best side and our worst side will be very very big.

Well it's been a long off-season. First game begins tomorrow if Im not mistaken. Anyone got any tips? We've got the round one bye. Im tipping Woodsmen in a close one at Collingwood Park, although I have no idea how strong either team will be this year. I heard a rumour that some of the Collingwood Park boys were playing in the Calamvale reserves last round.

Got a big squad to start the season Thommo?

Looking forward to hearing who gets up in the other game. The redbacks after consecutive premierships coming up against the new boys Pine Rivers. I'll tip the redbacks at home just.

I can confirm there were a couple that played for Calamvale ressies Fraze, but they also played the praccy match the night before. That said, I expect neither side will be as they lined up that night. I know the Woodsmen have at least 5 players who didn't play that night to come back in.

Don't know why they played for Calamvale, perhaps Calamvale were short of numbers? :confused: Must have been a 1 match permit arrangement.

I might ask one of them tonight while scoffing down a tasty buger and beer after the game. They do an outstanding BBQ post game. :thumbsu:

UQ has got a 5th's together that will be playing Yeronga this weekend. Any ideas how we might fare?

A 5th's????? Seriously? Good lord where do you get them from? That's conceivably 125 players on your clubs books!

:eek:

Hard to say how you'll go. What are the players like? All newbies? Haven't seen Yeronga so can't say what their list is like, but they can put together a good competitive game, so it might be interesting.

Is this an "only this week" deal, or are you looking to aim to play all Div 4 clubs who have the bye?

why don't you join Div 4 - it would be nice to get another club in there

why doesnt the AFLQ say no you cant have a 5ths and let the players filter through to clubs like collingwood park and Redbacks etc to enable them to have two teams and grow their club? Calamvale are reliant on Collingwood park players to feild two teams now, yet the AFLQ still dont have a policy to deal with strenghtening existing clubs, just ones that weaken them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back