SEQAFL Div 4 Central 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Friday night at Jimboomba! First time the devils have played a night game down there in my memory. Hearing some good things about their lights. I just hope they have cold beer and some food for after the game.

We played you on Friday night twice this season!

Shame we have to play this first final at Collingwood Park. Our ground not available and apparently yours isn't either.

I'd rather play at Yeronga than CP.

Our year has fallen in a heap, started the year well. Got within a kick of both Pine Rivers and Redbacks early in the season, even with key players missing - but its been a battle all year to field a team. Injuries, holidays and blokes just dissappearing has been a disaster.

Only had 10 at training last night, and we're playing a final in 5 days

We played you on Friday night twice this season!

Shame we have to play this first final at Collingwood Park. Our ground not available and apparently yours isn't either.

I'd rather play at Yeronga than CP.

Our year has fallen in a heap, started the year well. Got within a kick of both Pine Rivers and Redbacks early in the season, even with key players missing - but its been a battle all year to field a team. Injuries, holidays and blokes just dissappearing has been a disaster.

Only had 10 at training last night, and we're playing a final in 5 days

I play for Pine Rivers Thommo

Not the last time I checked anyway.

You guys should still feel somewhat confident going into the weekend. You have had Yeronga's measure so far this season, although it does seem Yeronga have improved towards the back end of the season

they often stack their side depending on how Div 2 is going.

I've been at Sherwood/Woodsmen/Wests for 6 years and never lost a game to a Yeronga team, so hopefully that continues.

We may have everyone start coming out of the woodwork to declare themselves available in coming days, so will be interesting to see what we do. I'd prefer to reward the blokes who train and play most of the year, rather than just pick the best side comes finals when people decide they're committed all of a sudden.

We won the flag in 09 picking the best side, then lost a close one in 2010 rewarding blokes who trained and played all year. Catch 22.

they often stack their side depending on how Div 2 is going.

I've been at Sherwood/Woodsmen/Wests for 6 years and never lost a game to a Yeronga team, so hopefully that continues.

We may have everyone start coming out of the woodwork to declare themselves available in coming days, so will be interesting to see what we do. I'd prefer to reward the blokes who train and play most of the year, rather than just pick the best side comes finals when people decide they're committed all of a sudden.

We won the flag in 09 picking the best side, then lost a close one in 2010 rewarding blokes who trained and played all year. Catch 22.

Not sure where you are getting that from. We don't stack our side. Our thirds are quite seperate from the other grades these past few years. Check the team lineups if you don't believe me. Unfortunately with the thirds we have a high turnover rate after the season finishes. So we pretty much start from scratch at the start of every season. It usually takes us most of the season to gel and normally start to play better in the later stages.

Not sure where you are getting that from. We don't stack our side. Our thirds are quite seperate from the other grades these past few years. Check the team lineups if you don't believe me. Unfortunately with the thirds we have a high turnover rate after the season finishes. So we pretty much start from scratch at the start of every season. It usually takes us most of the season to gel and normally start to play better in the later stages.

Im from yeronga by the way

maybe not recently, but it has happened in the past. Back in 09 you were terrible all year, and then out of knowwhere gave us a good run with a bunch of seriously good players. Can't remember it happening since though.

totally understand the turnover thing. We are 15 goals better when we put our best side out there, but we have rarely done it. Makes a huge difference having 18 experienced players, versus sometimes running out there with 10 decent players, 2 intermediates and half a dozen playing for the first time ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whispers of the UQ 5ths making it official depending on numbers at the start of the year. There is always a drop off in player numbers after the start of the season, so I think we're hoping that having an official team will stop guys disappearing and never playing the game. If not hopefully we at least get friendly games up and running against any teams that might have the week off.

Do Pine Rivers have enough players to go Div3?

Its not about how good you are, its about having the numbers to field 2 teams.

There are teams up in Div 2 and 3 that used to be spanked routinely when they were in our division...Coomera, Griffith-Moorooka to name but 2.

Looks like Pine Rivers out, Zillmere in. Any idea what Zillmere's team would be like? Played a few games at the ground. Good facilities, although always seemed very windy there.

Hearing rumors of a couple more teams. Anyone got any info on who they might be?

According to the AFLQ website Zillmere and Beenleigh are the new clubs, making a total of 6 in the comp (Pine Rivers having moved up to Div 3).

Morro, does that mean you'll get your wish and lace them up for the Buffs in this league? As capt/coach I would assume? ;)

According to the AFLQ website Zillmere and Beenleigh are the new clubs, making a total of 6 in the comp (Pine Rivers having moved up to Div 3).

Morro, does that mean you'll get your wish and lace them up for the Buffs in this league? As capt/coach I would assume? ;)

Haha not me mate. That ship has sailed my friend. I haven't heard if the buffs are certainties or not to be honest. I personally would be surprised if the club was that confident of having the numbers. Would be great if they did though. Obviously for the club but also for the league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back