SEQAFL Division 1 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Maroochy's 18s could probably justifiably not be super happy with a 9am Sunday start at Palmy.

I don't really have a problem with the Sat/Sun split in seniors/reserves, but it's a tough gig for 18s who have played Saturday all year and who a fair proportion would work Sunday so they can go to uni/school during the week.
Tend to agree Lenny - reckon Springwood people might be a bit peeved too that their 18's and seniors weren't kept together on one day. Makes a massive weekend for volunteers too.

Tend to agree Lenny - reckon Springwood people might be a bit peeved too that their 18's and seniors weren't kept together on one day. Makes a massive weekend for volunteers too.
it's not ideal, but don't really reckon we have cause for complaint - the 18s had the chance to play at home had they won on the weekend, but they didn't. that's life and that's footy.

Hmm - like to know where I actually said that?? My comment was based upon your assumption that he should take umbrage at having his "integrity questioned" (whatever was said I'm not sure). Well you know what, a guy like James Hird for example is going to cop it from a lot more for a lot longer for doing far less. If he decides to go off the deep end every time he is challenged then his return stint in 2015 won't last long. Reckon in 30 years of coaching I've seen Sheedy lose the plot outside the coaches box with sepctators/opposition, same with Malthouse.
All i'm saying is that maybe the best answer to this sort of "questioning" is to just coach a winning side, not get into a slanging match.
BTW - I'm going to buy Cresswell's book so there you go..:)

Get the book before Sunday and I will see if I can get him to sign it for you smy.........

What is the book called, I might get it myself??
Also got a few mates that play at the magpies, they tell me Proud might be in the bighouse?
Anyone know about that?

Think its just called "Crezza". Read an extract that was published in the Melbourne Age a few weeks back - really well written and looks interesting. He would have a great life tale to tell I'm sure. I suppose it just reinforces my disappointment sometimes when I hear average (footy related) things about the guy. He should/would be a magnificent addition to Qld football, as Craig O'Brien should have been. Love seeing these AFL blokes make their way back like Corrie, Hooper, Proud bc its add to our comp and credibility as a football state. Unfortunately when things go the other way its not just some bogan knob from the GC or loser from Maroochydore, its an ex AFL bloke and in this case a coach.
Anyway, get the book Bungles and see what you reckon! Good luck to PBC and Surfers on the wend - a local derby with alot riding on it. Should be a ripper day with the magoos for both preceding it too.

What is the book called, I might get it myself??
Also got a few mates that play at the magpies, they tell me Proud might be in the bighouse?
Anyone know about that?
Will be great for all the springwood kiddies to get to centrelink park tommorow and watch the pumas!! apparently their number 1 recruit will be available if released......

Long time reader.....First time comment

Loving all the talk that the Magpies will go back to back especially after yes a very good win on the weekend, seemingly even today's news feed see's AFLQ now favouring the Magpies and probably rightfully so being the reining Premiers. Would have to say though that Springwood is a real chance this year they most certainly have the personal (an unbiased opinion but more than just the big name recruits). The only thing that really is between them and holding the silverware this year isn’t other teams but belief in themselves. They are a true threat but I guess we will know around 5pm on Saturday as only they can silence the non believers. It’s been more than one season in building into this and all concerned with the club have done a great job. A true underdog story that hopefully has an even better ending. There are no name kids at that club that have battled hard over these 4-5 past seasons that along with the committee / volunteers deserve the success. I hope these no name kids remember this as there running out of the change rooms over the next couple of weeks because it will be them that make the difference and rightfully so. The Pumas deserve to be where they are but I guess Minor Premiers is only a positive word in Pre Seasons the following year when you’re not there at the end the year before….Lowe Oval has been the field of dreams for a long time just need to start believing - again more than capable of winning it
what is your view on playing players recently released from as another poster said "the big house" ? On junior sign on day how is this explained to prospective juniors? the efforts of your club,volunteers and coach has been amazing are you willing to risk your club and its sponsors/employers again on one individual. the no name kids deserve to play in a stable environment that isnt centred around one disruptive influence... to believe is great but to dream is dilussional

Big win to the Pumas!! Surprised me very well played.
Pies really missed Rozynski injury doesn't look to good either, big game tomorrow for both teams as Magpies boys look sore!

Big win to the Pumas!! Surprised me very well played.
Pies really missed Rozynski injury doesn't look to good either, big game tomorrow for both teams as Magpies boys look sore!
well done to the pumas.... one thing that all the clubs in this league to improve on is alchol fuelled idiots being abusive to both opposition players and officials but worst of all spectators!! clubs please pull these idiots into line!! it is great community based event and good footy inside the fence lets clean up the crap off it...

what is your view on playing players recently released from as another poster said "the big house" ? On junior sign on day how is this explained to prospective juniors? the efforts of your club,volunteers and coach has been amazing are you willing to risk your club and its sponsors/employers again on one individual. the no name kids deserve to play in a stable environment that isnt centred around one disruptive influence... to believe is great but to dream is dilussional

With sincerity thank you for your concern Speedy. What I would like to point out first though before commenting on this “we are not an AFL Club nor do we play in the AFL” He originally payed the ultimate price of being delisted and that really in the context of this is really the only thing that should be made public and perhaps being open to debate and public scrutiny. After all he certainly is not earning the money now that goes along with being a professional footballer which in turn requires a commitment to the public or Club for that matter. So what do I think – I don’t condone anyone breaking the law nor do I condone stupidity and what he did or didn’t do is really irrelevant to us. I do believe in equality however and respect the fact if he was a no name this would have no doubt gone unnoticed. What I also realise now that at our level of football it becomes more personal a “family” being the operative word chosen here. Would there be people within the club upset at his actions yes, no doubt – would he be embarrassed and upset by his actions within the club, no doubt. Really at the end of the day though he now only answers really to his family and himself. Springwood certainly has the people around the club to support people who want to help themselves and I have no doubt that this will be the case. I also believe that as human beings if a person is worth it and falls down a few times what more could be better than a family orientated football club (and yes with an element of risk) to help a player pick himself back up and make another go at it. I am also sure should he pursue the behaviour that lands him in trouble and he doesn’t accept this help they also have the people there that will show him the door until then though he deserves an amount of privacy after all – it could have just been unpaid parking fines for all we know and it just slipped his mind and he forgot to pay them….Whilst here Speedy I also totally agree with your comment re rogue supporters that do not respect umpire decisions or opposition players (and make total Dick’s of themselves whilst under the influence) – they’re the ones I wouldn’t like around young juniors and I certainly think they do more damage around football clubs bringing all the hard work undone and in disrepute.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With sincerity thank you for your concern Speedy. What I would like to point out first though before commenting on this “we are not an AFL Club nor do we play in the AFL” He originally payed the ultimate price of being delisted and that really in the context of this is really the only thing that should be made public and perhaps being open to debate and public scrutiny. After all he certainly is not earning the money now that goes along with being a professional footballer which in turn requires a commitment to the public or Club for that matter. So what do I think – I don’t condone anyone breaking the law nor do I condone stupidity and what he did or didn’t do is really irrelevant to us. I do believe in equality however and respect the fact if he was a no name this would have no doubt gone unnoticed. What I also realise now that at our level of football it becomes more personal a “family” being the operative word chosen here. Would there be people within the club upset at his actions yes, no doubt – would he be embarrassed and upset by his actions within the club, no doubt. Really at the end of the day though he now only answers really to his family and himself. Springwood certainly has the people around the club to support people who want to help themselves and I have no doubt that this will be the case. I also believe that as human beings if a person is worth it and falls down a few times what more could be better than a family orientated football club (and yes with an element of risk) to help a player pick himself back up and make another go at it. I am also sure should he pursue the behaviour that lands him in trouble and he doesn’t accept this help they also have the people there that will show him the door until then though he deserves an amount of privacy after all – it could have just been unpaid parking fines for all we know and it just slipped his mind and he forgot to pay them….Whilst here Speedy I also totally agree with your comment re rogue supporters that do not respect umpire decisions or opposition players (and make total Dick’s of themselves whilst under the influence) – they’re the ones I wouldn’t like around young juniors and I certainly think they do more damage around football clubs bringing all the hard work undone and in disrepute.
well said

Pretty quiet on here for GF week anyway Springwood V PBC for the Centrelink (as they sponsor most of the players from both teams) Cup..... I hope Grange win!! no seriously 2 best teams this year have made the GF! good luck to Bear Wallin has done a great job at the Pumas so its Springwood for me... is it true that Sportsbet are putting up odds for how many 50s Pennyquick gives away, how many people coach of the year nominee Creswell abuses and how many players rebound out of 50 on Perry Bolt.... hope this gets a few of you going!!

Well for what it's worth I'm tipping The Pumas, finished top belted My Pies when they were up and away, agree Speedy best Two teams are there, should be a beauty!!
My tip for BOG is Thompson.

Pretty quiet on here for GF week anyway Springwood V PBC for the Centrelink (as they sponsor most of the players from both teams) Cup..... I hope Grange win!! no seriously 2 best teams this year have made the GF! good luck to Bear Wallin has done a great job at the Pumas so its Springwood for me... is it true that Sportsbet are putting up odds for how many 50s Pennyquick gives away, how many people coach of the year nominee Creswell abuses and how many players rebound out of 50 on Perry Bolt.... hope this gets a few of you going!!
Thank you Speedy thought I had killed the blog by being to serious....Perry Bolt and Wallin (if he gets a jumper) should play on each other one half back man, one half forward - great match up and the rest of the forwards can rest easy. I agree Bungles Thompson for BOG most underratted player in the comp certainly has come of age

No Megaman but I don't think any of the AP Cup teams will / would not without intial extra support both in a financial and promotional sense for 2-3 years from AFLQ
Well pretty sure this additional support is not part of the selling from the AFLQ- reckon all clubs will have to stand on own 2 feet. Not sure if too many AP sides will go in with any great enthusiasm, some might bc they feel like they have to but not sure any of the incumbent AP clubs are sitting back at the end of this year thinking "what a s**t season of footy, we need to change things". It has been competitive, a reasonable standard for 2x/wk players, and I'm not sure an incredible number of $$ will be the major factor for whoever wins on Saturday. Bit sad really that things have to change to accommodate the NEAFL changes but looking fwd I think a north/south division would have been the best solution with a cross over final series.
Good luck to both the Pumas and PBC - think the Pumas will win with Hooper and Proud as the X factors and maybe greater strength across the field. Magpies with Jimmy and Dickfos last week would have been alot closer.

Well pretty sure this additional support is not part of the selling from the AFLQ- reckon all clubs will have to stand on own 2 feet. Not sure if too many AP sides will go in with any great enthusiasm, some might bc they feel like they have to but not sure any of the incumbent AP clubs are sitting back at the end of this year thinking "what a s**t season of footy, we need to change things". It has been competitive, a reasonable standard for 2x/wk players, and I'm not sure an incredible number of $$ will be the major factor for whoever wins on Saturday. Bit sad really that things have to change to accommodate the NEAFL changes but looking fwd I think a north/south division would have been the best solution with a cross over final series.
Good luck to both the Pumas and PBC - think the Pumas will win with Hooper and Proud as the X factors and maybe greater strength across the field. Magpies with Jimmy and Dickfos last week would have been alot closer.
Just to add my opinion... Think Palm Beach will take the flag by some 3 goals, with Jesse Derrick or league best and fairest in Zane Murphy being bog. This Murphy is a gun and has some grunt in him as well. !!

Just to add my opinion... Think Palm Beach will take the flag by some 3 goals, with Jesse Derrick or league best and fairest in Zane Murphy being bog. This Murphy is a gun and has some grunt in him as well. !!

Im tipping Palmy by 5 goals. Plenty of finals experience and plenty of quality that will not see the club lose 3 grannies in a row.

1. springwood backline not great so have to kick there goals when get there chances .
2. palmy worst conversion rate in the league but definatly get enough opportunitys .
3. both have really undiscipline players that can cost games.
tough game that will be high paced game .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back