SEQAFL Division 1 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Silly Season has started already on Coast. A club North of Caboolture , South of Maroochydore, contacted a top Maroochy Ruckman who Maroochy help get a new job with a well reputable builder on the Sunshine Coast. Very busy in deed. The recruiting officer from the other club, rang the builder and said my wife likes your houses and wants you to build our new house. If you want the deal make that player sign a contract that's says you can't work for you unless he's plays for The recruiting officers club. Has not gone down well with the player or Maroochy football club, The Builder was mortified that if it happens at this level what happens at higher levels.

If true then very s**t practise by Caloundra FP - no problem selling your club, finding employment for players, offering $$ etc but to blackmail local businesses is crossing the line. Some ppl are just unethical ppl - hard to chnage that..

Agree 2010 - could have erupted at different stages and didn't. On the other hand Springy had a few blokes (prob one in particular) that forgot he was playing in a team, gave away silly 50's, sent off twice, all at times where the game was still in the balance. #2 for PBC was great (in fact their back 6 were very good) and Perry-Bolt had a day out.

Congrats palmy worthy winners today and much improved discipline compared to previous years well done

Far to good in every facet. Much cleaner with the footy in trying conditions, ran a lot harder on the spread and to much class all over the ground. Were never really challenged the margin seemed to be around 4 goals for most of the day and Springwood were unable to get multiple goals often enough, Thought no.14 for Springwood may have been named in PBC best, he had a shocker! Cooparoo crap spectating venue and reckon AFLQ should make a call on the same ground to host the GF every year like they do in Vic, regardless of who is in it. Grange is a great spectator venue. Poor decision as well by the officials to deny spectators the chance to go to the huddles at the breaks, is a major part of country/suburban footy, not sure their thinking behind this.

I should also mention what a great job Springwood have done over last 12 months to get where they did, along with Sandgate IMO the 2 most improved teams this year.

Sandgate won less games and ressies made GF last year?

I based it on their off season player losses which apart from Noosa I reckon would have been the most significant in the comp, maybe most improved was wrong and should have been most surprising, reckon most would have had them in bottom 4. As for reserves form IMO that carries no weight when assessing senior team

I based it on their off season player losses which apart from Noosa I reckon would have been the most significant in the comp, maybe most improved was wrong and should have been most surprising, reckon most would have had them in bottom 4. As for reserves form IMO that carries no weight when assessing senior team

Losing players makes you improved? They were the best young side but not ost improved

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Far to good in every facet. Much cleaner with the footy in trying conditions, ran a lot harder on the spread and to much class all over the ground. Were never really challenged the margin seemed to be around 4 goals for most of the day and Springwood were unable to get multiple goals often enough, Thought no.14 for Springwood may have been named in PBC best, he had a shocker! Cooparoo crap spectating venue and reckon AFLQ should make a call on the same ground to host the GF every year like they do in Vic, regardless of who is in it. Grange is a great spectator venue. Poor decision as well by the officials to deny spectators the chance to go to the huddles at the breaks, is a major part of country/suburban footy, not sure their thinking behind this.

that's because of what happened 2 years ago up at maroochydoor i bet. don't want some drunken bogan going out to abuse the umpires i suppose.

Probably right Damo - lot of ppl to move off the ground too at breaks but disappointing all the same. PBC midfield coach is impressive. Doesn't get flustered or reactionary. Seems like a good person to have in your group.

I should also mention what a great job Springwood have done over last 12 months to get where they did, along with Sandgate IMO the 2 most improved teams this year.

Will these teams be in the new state league? Conlon said on ABC radio that the new state league will be announced Friday and will be a 10 team comp. the neafl relegated teams have automatic entry, who will be the other 6? He also said "it will be great for the grange/morningside rivalry to be returned".

I reckon it will be:

Mt g, morn, lab, broady automatically in
Pbc, west magpies, grange definites
Springwood, maroochydore most likely in

Leaves one more spot- possibles UQ, Mayne, Surfers, Sandgate, Noosa. Who is the best equipped? Surfers with the strongest on field performance, but not much $$$, and tough to compete with 3 other strong GC clubs. UQ with large playing numbers but newly promoted? Mayne with history but little success in the past decade. Sandgate up and down, Noosa it's all about timing and the timing is bad and the Sunshine Coast job market worse..... Who knows?

Opinions?

Will these teams be in the new state league? Conlon said on ABC radio that the new state league will be announced Friday and will be a 10 team comp. the neafl relegated teams have automatic entry, who will be the other 6? He also said "it will be great for the grange/morningside rivalry to be returned".

I reckon it will be:

Mt g, morn, lab, broady automatically in
Pbc, west magpies, grange definites
Springwood, maroochydore most likely in

Leaves one more spot- possibles UQ, Mayne, Surfers, Sandgate, Noosa. Who is the best equipped? Surfers with the strongest on field performance, but not much $$$, and tough to compete with 3 other strong GC clubs. UQ with large playing numbers but newly promoted? Mayne with history but little success in the past decade. Sandgate up and down, Noosa it's all about timing and the timing is bad and the Sunshine Coast job market worse..... Who knows?

Opinions?

surfers should be in out of them teams , and there full of s**t they dont pay players , alot of off the book s**t there.

Noosa and Mayne only teams that didn't apply from AP 2010 from my mail so cut them out. Sandgate v Surfers?? Not sure. Both are really good footy clubs, Sandgate has far better juniors, Surfers seems to have a very good set up but no 18's. Maroochy and Sandgate are the black sheep in that group from a performance view point - both would need to recruit a number of blokes to compete with the expected top 4 or 5 sides. Grange will benefit from being the only side on the north side of Brisbane if Sandgate didn't get in (obviously maroochy too far to travel). Lots of questions I spose and I imagine that there will be a shuffling of the deck chairs over the next few years as well as clubs find their "level". 2010, how do you feel the NEAFL clubs will go retaining players? No doubt some will leave to play better footy whether in the NEAFL or maybe "back home".

Noosa and Mayne only teams that didn't apply from AP 2010 from my mail so cut them out. Sandgate v Surfers?? Not sure. Both are really good footy clubs, Sandgate has far better juniors, Surfers seems to have a very good set up but no 18's. Maroochy and Sandgate are the black sheep in that group from a performance view point - both would need to recruit a number of blokes to compete with the expected top 4 or 5 sides. Grange will benefit from being the only side on the north side of Brisbane if Sandgate didn't get in (obviously maroochy too far to travel). Lots of questions I spose and I imagine that there will be a shuffling of the deck chairs over the next few years as well as clubs find their "level". 2010, how do you feel the NEAFL clubs will go retaining players? No doubt some will leave to play better footy whether in the NEAFL or maybe "back home".
Relevant to Sandgate's chances of being competitive if they make the cut. Several very good 18/19 yo ex-Sandgate juniors at Aspley might return home if their chances of playing NEAFL 1sts vanish if Aspley sign up gun players for the new NEAFL. Also, Sandgate U18s were premiers this year, so if they can retain some of them, happy days in a couple of years time when they mature. IMO Rob Dickfos is the best coach of young talent going around.

Relevant to Sandgate's chances of being competitive if they make the cut. Several very good 18/19 yo ex-Sandgate juniors at Aspley might return home if their chances of playing NEAFL 1sts vanish if Aspley sign up gun players for the new NEAFL. Also, Sandgate U18s were premiers this year, so if they can retain some of them, happy days in a couple of years time when they mature. IMO Rob Dickfos is the best coach of young talent going around.
agree

Tend to agree sandgate best choice for 10th team. Makes sense to have 2 clubs north of the brisbane river. So my guess is

Pbc-sth Gold Coast
BBeach- central GC
Lab- nth GC
Springwood, mt gravatt Logan/sth brisbane
West mags- west bris
Morn- east bris
WGrange, Sandgate - nth bris
Maroochydore - sunny coast.

A good spread geographically of teams there and a good comp.

I guess we will see on Friday how it pans out

Good summary 2010 - only issue with both Roos and Hawks will be finances. The AFLQ have stated that geography will not come into their decision making and if promotion/relegation is on the cards then rather than go in feet first, get your house in order and have a crack in 2-3 yrs time. All I can say is that the committees of the 4 NEAFL clubs, despite disappointment at not being in the "best" comp, must be silently happy that their summer isn't going to be spent trying to raise incredible amounts of $$. I would imagine they would scale back a little their spend now? Would that be correct 2010?

No love for UQ?

Think this could be their real ace in the pack Brereton. Not sure about the 18's side supplying a large number of A grade players for this comp bc like you said, retention is difficult. Is hit and miss I find. I know at Maroochy the pull of uni in Brisbane hurts us, plus work - probably doesn't hurt Bris clubs as much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back