Movie Sequels that were better than the original.

Remove this Banner Ad

Zemeckis and Gale have always said they wrote I without a sequel in mind. And that if they knew they were doing a sequel there was NO WAY they would've had Jennifer in the car. It limited them story wise so much. If it was just Marty and Doc they could've gone anywhere.

Zemeckis and Gale have always said they wrote I without a sequel in mind. And that if they knew they were doing a sequel there was NO WAY they would've had Jennifer in the car. It limited them story wise so much. If it was just Marty and Doc they could've gone anywhere.

Also the fact that Doc Brown said at the end of the film that they had to go to the future because of Marty's future children. That limited the storyline more than Jennifer being in the car I reckon.

Also the fact that Doc Brown said at the end of the film that they had to go to the future because of Marty's future children. That limited the storyline more than Jennifer being in the car I reckon.

I agree with that. If the sequel was really just an idea when that line was included at the end of the first one, then the limitations on that idea were set in stone at that moment. Having said that though, I still think it was a fine sequel. I actually prefer the third one though.

i love both BTTF and BTTF2 but BTTF3 struggles with me with the love interest for the Doc, i hated her character.

BTTF2 is really clever when he goes back to past for a 2nd time. Really well done. Its also the other characters like the principle, his mom, biff that make it.

One of the great triliogys. Watch one, i almost always watch the 2nd and sometimes the 3rd

good thread, fun debate ...

for mine :

original and best :

Raiders of the Lost Ark > Temple of Doom

Alien > Aliens (Harry Dean Stanton !!)

BTTF > BTTF 2 (the whole trilogy was solid though, with ever-so-slightly diminishing returns creatively)

Karate Kid > Karate Kid 2 (another very solid trilogy imo, but again each film dips slightly in quality when compared to the original)

sequels strike back :

Empire Strikes Back > Star Wars

Godfather 2 > Godfather (Robert De Niro !)

Spider-Man 2 > Spider-Man

Dawn of the Dead > Night of the Living Dead

even stevens :

Terminator 2 = Terminator

House of 1000 Corpses = Devils Rejects

Toy Story = Toy Story 2 = Toy Story 3 (there is a marked improvement in the quality of the animation between TS 1 & 2, but the stories themselves are equal in my eyes)

I must be one of the few to rate the original Spiderman more than Spiderman 2.

I just couldn't get into the whole Dr Octopus thing.

When i initially saw SM 2 at the cinema i thought it was fantastic... even better than the original Superman + Superman 2 (and they are my favorite comic book movies ever + Superman is up there as my all time favorite movie).

Repeat viewings and i wondered what the hell i was thinking, the magic had well and truly evaporated. A large part of my hatred for it was Doc Ock as a villain.

They did put themselves into a corner, but took the easy way out by knocking her out... her only contribution is to become essentially a plot device to allow Biff to steal the DeLorean... She should have been used better

Remove this Banner Ad

Back