Media Serial Stats: The S29 "People's Choice" ALL-SFA Team! (TEAM COMPLETE!)

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn’t have you in my list either PG. :)
It was a list comprised of posters from other teams wasn’t it? Or have I ****ed this up somehow and compromised Serial’s important work?

It was a list comprised of posters from other teams wasn’t it? Or have I f’ed this up somehow and compromised Serial’s important work?
Well my post just seems lame when you parrot that back to me :(

Well my post just seems lame when you parrot that back to me :(
Oh it was a real question. Got alarmed and everything. I’m better now but that’s too bad because I’ve already started drinking

Interesting

Im 4 out of 18(including emergencies) , and that includes Thrills who I only picked him so I could try and recruit him to the Gumbies. Should have realized everyone else would do the same thing.
Try to recruit him to the Gumbies? Hell yeah

View attachment 881564

Okay, now seems like as good a place as any to Ant Bear it up and place myself in the All-SFA team.

In all seriousness though, this was always going to be the one major bias of collecting this data set: people were always going to act differently because I was asking the question. The way I see it, these would have been the motivations for people selecting me:
  1. They legitimately thought I deserved it (I know at least three people who did this).
  2. They felt sorry for me (the ol' pity vote).
  3. They couldn't think of a 12th person, and chucked my name in there to complete the list.
  4. They were trying to soften me up for a future recruitment pitch.
  5. The act of me asking them triggered my name in their head whilst completing the list.
  6. They were thinking ten steps ahead to this very moment: the classic stitch up!
View attachment 881574

Anyway, thank you to all people who selected me for any of those reasons. For the record, I received 36 votes; which even with a large discount would have snuck me in the team. I am humbled and a little embarrassed to put myself in alongside such esteemed players....but fu** it: 160 PMs - I deserve this!

View attachment 881566
pretzels.gif

philreich
1590477564592.png

Congrats on being named in the "People's Choice" All-SFA Team mate. Does being chosen in this team by your peers mean more to you than getting selected in a team produced by a committee behind closed doors? Do you expect to get into the "real" one later this season?

It's always nice to be recognised by one's peers, and if I make the team at the end of the season, then of course I'll be honoured. But the flag is what everyone wants, and I'm no different - any personal accolades are a bonus.

The team is starting to take shape now. What do you make of it so far? Will you be utilising any team bonding exercises to try and recruit a few new Swamprats?

The line up is pretty settled, so I'm quietly confident of a good showing in this finals series. Bring it on!!!

We've had a few pre-finals dad joke bonding sessions - I guess time will tell if it's been a successful tactic.

What does it mean to you to appear to be so well renowned in the SFA? Are the deadly dad jokes your secret weapon to lower everyone's guard? What do you have to say to the people that voted you in?

I guess I have a bit of a way with words, and it seems my posting makes several people smile, which is nice. Thanks to those who voted for me.

1590477781244.png
philreich

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 881564

Okay, now seems like as good a place as any to Ant Bear it up and place myself in the All-SFA team.

In all seriousness though, this was always going to be the one major bias of collecting this data set: people were always going to act differently because I was asking the question. The way I see it, these would have been the motivations for people selecting me:
  1. They legitimately thought I deserved it (I know at least three people who did this).
  2. They felt sorry for me (the ol' pity vote).
  3. They couldn't think of a 12th person, and chucked my name in there to complete the list.
  4. They were trying to soften me up for a future recruitment pitch.
  5. The act of me asking them triggered my name in their head whilst completing the list.
  6. They were thinking ten steps ahead to this very moment: the classic stitch up!
View attachment 881574

Anyway, thank you to all people who selected me for any of those reasons. For the record, I received 36 votes; which even with a large discount would have snuck me in the team. I am humbled and a little embarrassed to put myself in alongside such esteemed players....but fu** it: 160 PMs - I deserve this!

View attachment 881566

Oustanding work. I knew you'd do it.

You're far too nice though. In a few years you'll just tell everyone to get ****ed as it's your team and you can do as you please without needing to make excuses for people voting you in.

Last edited:
1590394032946-png.881162

Congrats on being named in the "People's Choice" All-SFA Team mate. Does being chosen in this team by your peers mean more to you than getting selected in a team produced by a committee behind closed doors? Do you expect to get into the "real" one later this season?

Not really as they've chosen me in a position I don't play in, pure midfielder here, probably the greatest of all time. Well saying that I often get into the real All SFA in a spot I don't play in, or the bench. Unsure about the All SFA this season, my first half of the season was all time beautiful but the second half I fell right away with the Warriors.

Who else do you hope is in this team to play alongside you? Reckon there'll be any tension in the showers after the games given some of the names already announced?

Hoping to see all the captains and Ant Bear. Well deserved by all.

What does it mean to you to appear to be so well renowned in the SFA? You've been known to push people's buttons in the past...is this a sign you've become too much of a nice guy this season? What do you have to say to the people that voted you in?

No not at all, I've always been the same, I think enough posters understand what I bring to the league, they might not agree with it all the time but deep down they know I am charming. If you've got a talent to rile someone up but make them giggle a few moments later you're probably going to do all right here.

View attachment 881164
pantsredacted
Proud of you pantsredacted :kissingheart:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back