Media Serial Stats: The S29 "People's Choice" ALL-SFA Team! (TEAM COMPLETE!)

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 880607

Congrats on being named in the "People's Choice" All-SFA Team mate. Does being chosen in this team by your peers mean more to you than getting selected in a team produced by a committee behind closed doors? Do you expect to get into the "real" one later this season?

Thank you Thrills! Whether it’s a team picked by my peers or by a committee of team elders who are people too, the recognition is truly humbling. And without getting ahead of myself, I’m quietly confident that my body of work this season both on and off the field stands up favourable against the other contenders.

Who else do you hope is in this team to play alongside you? Do any other S29 rookies stand a chance of selection?

I’d love to see quite a few of my Wazzas teammates selected, along with a good selection of the players you asked for and a decent amount of S29 rookies. The obvious choices are the Goose, the Chipmunk, the Brazilian, and your good self. Even wise old Santoz may get a run. I know I’m preaching to the converted here Thrills, but this season’s rookie class will be looked back on in the annals of SFA history as the benchmark on which to compare other rookie cohorts.

What does it mean to you knowing that you appear to be so well renowned in the SFA? As a rookie this is all the more impressive. What do you have to say to the people that voted you in?

Any recognition from your peers is humbling to receive, so I’d like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who I’ve interacted with this season for making my introduction to the SFA so much fun. In particular I want to acknowledge TiF & the rest of the Wazzas for all of their support and guidance this season. I’ve had an absolute ball this year, which I hope shows in my posting. The challenge now is to back it up with a similar effort in the following seasons, and to continue to do my bit in helping the rookies of the future find their way in this bizarrely wonderful world we’ve found ourselves in.

View attachment 880608
Tonga Bob
Proud of you Tonga Bob

uaDUrM8.gif

WaynesWorld19 is the match thread posting guru. I wouldn't want to step on his toes! Particularly given how Tony Lynn 15 blew up at this thread...
Sometime next week the Club Analysis Thread will be going up .....will try and add some additional bells and whistles this season

EJW
1590378188258.png

Congrats on being named in the "People's Choice" All-SFA Team mate. Does being chosen in this team by your peers mean more to you than getting selected in a team produced by a committee behind closed doors? Do you expect to get into the "real" one later this season?

It means less to be honest, because people will have forgotten about this thread the moment you finish it. Making the real side, it goes on your CV permanently. And if anyone is ever going to out CV okeydoke7 it's the real team that counts.

Who else do you hope is in this team to play alongside you? Who do you hope gets dragged from the field early in the game so you can have a solid run?

I have no idea who is in the side, can you help me with that? I don't care who makes it really, but if WaynesWorld19 or NaturalDisaster make it, I hope they get dragged. They're basically doppelgangers anyway.

What does it mean to you to appear to be so well renowned in the SFA? Does this accolade confirm the high demand for your services? What do you have to say to the people that voted you in?

In all seriousness, I couldn't give a fu** what people think of me. This place is a welcome distraction from the real world, and I treat it a bit like the Truman Show, and I'm outside the bubble. Watching people scurry around when this or that is said, it's actually really, really funny. You move your character to a place in the bubble and watch the reactions. Newsflash to some people, it's not real, and it doesn't matter.

Some people like me, I know some hate me. It is what it is. I really hope the people that don't like me continue as such, because you make the place more fun than the people that like me.

1590369075371.png
Elton Johns Wig

Last edited:
View attachment 880130

Everybody already knows my answer to that, after last season.

Who else do you hope is in this team to play alongside you? The backline is starting to take shape; do you think you'll get along with your fellow defenders?

Nobody else is required.

What does it mean to you knowing that you appear to be so well renowned in the SFA? Do you consider yourself as some sort of father figure to everyone? What do you have to say to the people that voted you in?

Yes.

View attachment 880133
Mobbs
I got a cap I don't think I specifically deserve. Maybe close, but not quite there.

I also see names that missed out who should have been capped. One was compatriot and hardworking forward Mooch

Perusing the guidelines, discussion and history, I find no reason why I cannot do what I now choose to do.

I wish to make public my intention to transfer my All-SFA guernsey to Mooch for S28.

There were 2 or 3 travesties of justice in the named team, but I only have one cap to spend.

Nowhere is it stated that I cannot do this.

Nor does it say anywhere that discussions cannot be reopened, or that decisions cannot be revised or annulled. Nor is shuffling after announcement anywhere outlawed.

The test now lies with Ant Bear and the Committee to decide whether now to again make further changes in order to reestablish the assault on Mooch with a further revision to once more exclude him.

If for some violent and malicious reason an 11th hour rule is incorporated to overrule my action, then let it be known that I reject my naming - and expect an asterisk to reflect this wherever appropriate.

Message ends.

Tony Lynn 15
1590479245622.png

Of course I will be in the real All SFA team. Last season was an anomaly. I will become the quickest to ever be a 4 time All SFA'er.

I am completely underwhelmed by being named in the "side".

Who else do you hope is in this team to play alongside you? Who do you hope is NOT in the team?

Really hoping HaroLad makes it in and LicoriceAllsorts. Would be really pissed off if Hate gets in. Actually this was voted by posters who like you so I guess that one is safe!

What does it mean to you to appear to be so well renowned in the SFA? Are you insulted that people have not heeded your tough guy persona? What do you have to say to the people that voted you in?

Unless you have been living under a rock it should be no surprise that I am well known, revered and loved. There was more chance of NaturalDisaster hooking up with a super model in real life than of me not being nominated in this side.

1590380869527.png
Tony Lynn 15

Last edited:
I got a cap I don't think I specifically deserve. Maybe close, but not quite there.

I also see names that missed out who should have been capped. One was compatriot and hardworking forward Mooch

Perusing the guidelines, discussion and history, I find no reason why I cannot do what I now choose to do.

I wish to make public my intention to transfer my All-SFA guernsey to Mooch for S28.

There were 2 or 3 travesties of justice in the named team, but I only have one cap to spend.

Nowhere is it stated that I cannot do this.

Nor does it say anywhere that discussions cannot be reopened, or that decisions cannot be revised or annulled. Nor is shuffling after announcement anywhere outlawed.

The test now lies with Ant Bear and the Committee to decide whether now to again make further changes in order to reestablish the assault on Mooch with a further revision to once more exclude him.

If for some violent and malicious reason an 11th hour rule is incorporated to overrule my action, then let it be known that I reject my naming - and expect an asterisk to reflect this wherever appropriate.

Message ends.

I love this Hate. The same eye catching he did in S18.

por_please_ya
1590388257903.png

Thanks mate! I can comment from experience, because I've been named All-SFA before (slightly controversially...). I work hard on the Qooty field (left-wing preferred); it's not easy to get 20 kicks, 17 handballs and 3 goals in a game against the Bombers but... it is flattering and humbling to know people enjoy what I bring to the table in the banter stakes too.

As for the 2nd question, I think this is a chance for my fellow Hawks to shine.

Who else do you hope is in this team to play alongside you? There have been some pretty big names announced so far - are you comfortable that you'll be able to keep them all in line?

I'm hoping for more rookies like teammate Chipmunk, GWS Goose and yourself to get a nod. You've been playing some super Qooty but also contributing a mind-blowing amount to match threads and media. I have been very impressed.
It is slightly intimidating to be amongst a team of legends the likes of Mobbs and Dingster. They might be old but never underestimate them! However I think I can hold my own easily enough. ;)

What does it mean to you to appear to be so well renowned in the SFA? You've been around for five seasons now, do you think your star is still rising? What do you have to say to the people that voted you in?

Whoa, has it been that long already?! Gee, I remember when I was a wee young Hawk with YearOfTheRoos :p I don't really see myself as a 'star' - maybe it's a moniker I'm uncomfortable with. It's more that the longer I'm in the league, the more people I'm exposed to, the more I contribute. I've definitely had a lot of fun this season and perhaps that's shown through when I post. Grazie mille for all who voted for me, free cannoli for everyone!

1590388402776.png
por_please_ya

Last edited:
View attachment 881031

Of course I will be in the real All SFA team. Last season was an anomaly. I will become the quickest to ever be a 4 time All SFA'er.

I am completely underwhelmed by being named in the "side".

Who else do you hope is in this team to play alongside you? Who do you hope is NOT in the team?

Really hoping HaroLad makes it in and LicoriceAllsorts. Would be really pissed off if Hate gets in. Actually this was voted by posters who like you so I guess that one is safe!

What does it mean to you to appear to be so well renowned in the SFA? Are you insulted that people have not heeded your tough guy persona? What do you have to say to the people that voted you in?

Unless you have been living under a rock it should be no surprise that I am well known, revered and loved. There was more chance of NaturalDisaster hooking up with a super model in real life than of me not being nominated in this side.

View attachment 881033
Tony Lynn 15

suck s**t manangatang , you're the meat in an a-hole sandwich :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

suck s**t manangatang , you're the meat in an a-hole sandwich :p
Weird analogy Flanders. Arseholes are round as a rule so one a-hole can’t be likened to a sandwich that provides two separate units (of bread as a rule). You could maybe say Mang is the hole in a donut? Though I’m not certain that’s a huge improvement

View attachment 881113

Thanks mate! I can comment from experience, because I've been named All-SFA before (slightly controversially...). I work hard on the Qooty field (left-wing preferred); it's not easy to get 20 kicks, 17 handballs and 3 goals in a game against the Bombers but... it is flattering and humbling to know people enjoy what I bring to the table in the banter stakes too.

As for the 2nd question, I think this is a chance for my fellow Hawks to shine.

Who else do you hope is in this team to play alongside you? There have been some pretty big names announced so far - are you comfortable that you'll be able to keep them all in line?

I'm hoping for more rookies like teammate Chipmunk, GWS Goose and yourself to get a nod. You've been playing some super Qooty but also contributing a mind-blowing amount to match threads and media. I have been very impressed.
It is slightly intimidating to be amongst a team of legends the likes of Mobbs and Dingster. They might be old but never underestimate them! However I think I can hold my own easily enough. ;)

What does it mean to you to appear to be so well renowned in the SFA? You've been around for five seasons now, do you think your star is still rising? What do you have to say to the people that voted you in?

Whoa, has it been that long already?! Gee, I remember when I was a wee young Hawk with YearOfTheRoos :p I don't really see myself as a 'star' - maybe it's a moniker I'm uncomfortable with. It's more that the longer I'm in the league, the more people I'm exposed to, the more I contribute. I've definitely had a lot of fun this season and perhaps that's shown through when I post. Grazie mille for all who voted for me, free cannoli for everyone!

View attachment 881116
por_please_ya
Didn’t por_please_ya play most of the year on the wing with stints on the flanks too? CHF is a very odd position choice , but well done on another controversial selection ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back