Media Serial Stats: The S29 "People's Choice" ALL-SFA Team! (TEAM COMPLETE!)

Remove this Banner Ad

OP
1590647948493.png

Welcome everyone to the unveiling of the Season 29 "People's Choice" All-SFA Team!

Every season there is controversy as the Illuminati in the shadows conspire to determine the All-SFA team. That time looms near once again, so I believe now is the time to hear from the people. SerialStats loves nothing more than delving into the numbers and archives of SFA, but for this project we have spoken to the heart and soul of Sweet FA: the players. No committees, not representatives...just direct to the individual players.

Who do the players think performed well in SFA's 29th season? Who has dominated match threads, posted media of interest and been a force on the qooty field? Who has drawn you into this fantastic game with their wit, their humour, their knowledge? When surveying the people I left it intentionally vague as to what factors to account for; as different SFA players prioritise these factors to varying degrees. Do they like having a chat over common interests, or do they like a bit of aggressive banter? Ultimately respect is the key.

The people of SFA were asked to name up to 12 SFA players they appreciate based off interactions they've had in Season 29. There were only two restrictions: the player had to be currently listed, and they could not be on that person's team.

To determine who to survey, I identified the top 50th percentile of match thread posters for the season. At last count there were 307 currently listed SFA players, so the 154 most active match thread posters were contacted (those with a minimum of approx. 90 match thread posts for the season). A few more wildcards were added in based off the number of votes they were receiving, and in the end 160 SFA players were surveyed. This worked out at between 10 and 16 players per team.

I considered expanding the criteria, but I was finding that even within the above range, some of the less active posters were nominating players who had not posted at all this season. I feel 160 was a good representation of active players for the season. My apologies if you were overlooked.

Of these 160 players, I received results from 110 of them, plus 6 people who politely declined. A phenomenal response rate for any survey, so my thanks to all of you. I only received one somewhat abusive response and was blocked by another strange fellow.

From these 110 players who submitted entries, there were 1152 votes cast (average = 10.47 per list)!

137 SFA players received at least one vote.

Here is the distribution of the votes:
1590120700088.png

And now that brings us to the All-SFA team. Due to a tie for 20th place we have a team of 21 players, and I have taken the liberty to add a third interchange spot to remove the need for a tiebreaker.

These 21 players were then asked what their preferred position on the qooty field was to determine where they should be placed. Schoolyard rules were utilised, where the players with the most votes had first pick.

Over the next few days I shall reveal the players of the "People's Choice" All-SFA team one-by-one, with the captain and vice-captain being named at the end.

1590647906926.png

But let us not just stop with naming the 21 most nominated players. No, there is too much high quality data here to just ignore. We shall also explore which teams have the most respected posters, where each player is most and least liked, and which team's players are least likely to response to a PM about this project (hint: the answer is the Swamprats).

Last edited:

My ghostwriter wasn't aware of this.

If we're going to be giving out awards this early people my ghostie needs time to prepare!

Well I got the brief completely wrong on this.
Yeah, I was worried that I was a little too ambiguous on the request. By the time I had second thoughts I was about 100 PMs deep, so it was too late.

I voted based on who I wouldn't mind playing alongside on the same team, who I'd interacted with a lot and enjoyed their banter (just from this season).
So half my list were this year's rookies lol

I voted based on who I wouldn't mind playing alongside on the same team, who I'd interacted with a lot and enjoyed their banter (just from this season).
Well that was what the PM request specified.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Genuinely concerned that half your list were this years rookies!!

View attachment 879418

Welcome everyone to the unveiling of the Season 29 "People's Choice" All-SFA Team!

Every season there is controversy as the Illuminati in the shadows conspire to determine the All-SFA team. That time looms near once again, so I believe now is the time to hear from the people. SerialStats loves nothing more than delving into the numbers and archives of SFA, but for this project we have spoken to the heart and soul of Sweet FA: the players. No committees, not representatives...just direct to the individual players.

Who do the players think performed well in SFA's 29th season? Who has dominated match threads, posted media of interest and been a force on the qooty field? Who has drawn you into this fantastic game with their wit, their humour, their knowledge? When surveying the people I left it intentionally vague as to what factors to account for; as different SFA players prioritise these factors to varying degrees. Do they like having a chat over common interests, or do they like a bit of aggressive banter? Ultimately respect is the key.

The people of SFA were asked to name up to 12 SFA players they appreciate based off interactions they've had in Season 29. There were only two restrictions: the player had to be currently listed, and they could not be on that person's team.

To determine who to survey, I identified the top 50th percentile of match thread posters for the season. At last count there were 307 currently listed SFA players, so the 154 most active match thread posters were contacted (those with a minimum of approx. 90 match thread posts for the season). A few more wildcards were added in based off the number of votes they were receiving, and in the end 160 SFA players were surveyed. This worked out at between 10 and 16 players per team.

I considered expanding the criteria, but I was finding that even within the above range, some of the less active posters were nominating players who had not posted at all this season. I feel 160 was a good representation of active players for the season. My apologies if you were overlooked.

Of these 160 players, I received results from 110 of them, plus 6 people who politely declined. A phenomenal response rate for any survey, so my thanks to all of you. I only received one somewhat abusive response and was blocked by another strange fellow.

From these 110 players who submitted entries, there were 1152 votes cast (average = 10.47 per list)!

137 SFA players received at least one vote.

Here is the distribution of the votes:
View attachment 879431

And now that brings us to the All-SFA team. Due to a tie for 20th place we have a team of 21 players, and I have taken the liberty to add a third interchange spot to remove the need for a tiebreaker.

These 21 players were then asked what their preferred position on the qooty field was to determine where they should be placed. Schoolyard rules were utilised, where the players with the most votes had first pick.

Over the next few days I shall reveal the players of the "People's Choice" All-SFA team one-by-one, with the captain and vice-captain being named at the end.

View attachment 879432

But let us not just stop with naming the 21 most nominated players. No, there is too much high quality data here to just ignore. We shall also explore which teams have the most respected posters, where each player is most and least liked, and which team's players are least likely to response to a PM about this project (hint: the answer is the Swamprats).
You poor naive sod.

Has Ant Bear signed off on this in your secret PM? :think:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back