Media Serial Stats: The S29 "People's Choice" ALL-SFA Team! (TEAM COMPLETE!)

Remove this Banner Ad

OP
  • 1590647948493.png

Welcome everyone to the unveiling of the Season 29 "People's Choice" All-SFA Team!

Every season there is controversy as the Illuminati in the shadows conspire to determine the All-SFA team. That time looms near once again, so I believe now is the time to hear from the people. SerialStats loves nothing more than delving into the numbers and archives of SFA, but for this project we have spoken to the heart and soul of Sweet FA: the players. No committees, not representatives...just direct to the individual players.

Who do the players think performed well in SFA's 29th season? Who has dominated match threads, posted media of interest and been a force on the qooty field? Who has drawn you into this fantastic game with their wit, their humour, their knowledge? When surveying the people I left it intentionally vague as to what factors to account for; as different SFA players prioritise these factors to varying degrees. Do they like having a chat over common interests, or do they like a bit of aggressive banter? Ultimately respect is the key.

The people of SFA were asked to name up to 12 SFA players they appreciate based off interactions they've had in Season 29. There were only two restrictions: the player had to be currently listed, and they could not be on that person's team.

To determine who to survey, I identified the top 50th percentile of match thread posters for the season. At last count there were 307 currently listed SFA players, so the 154 most active match thread posters were contacted (those with a minimum of approx. 90 match thread posts for the season). A few more wildcards were added in based off the number of votes they were receiving, and in the end 160 SFA players were surveyed. This worked out at between 10 and 16 players per team.

I considered expanding the criteria, but I was finding that even within the above range, some of the less active posters were nominating players who had not posted at all this season. I feel 160 was a good representation of active players for the season. My apologies if you were overlooked.

Of these 160 players, I received results from 110 of them, plus 6 people who politely declined. A phenomenal response rate for any survey, so my thanks to all of you. I only received one somewhat abusive response and was blocked by another strange fellow.

From these 110 players who submitted entries, there were 1152 votes cast (average = 10.47 per list)!

137 SFA players received at least one vote.

Here is the distribution of the votes:
    1590120700088.png

And now that brings us to the All-SFA team. Due to a tie for 20th place we have a team of 21 players, and I have taken the liberty to add a third interchange spot to remove the need for a tiebreaker.

These 21 players were then asked what their preferred position on the qooty field was to determine where they should be placed. Schoolyard rules were utilised, where the players with the most votes had first pick.

Over the next few days I shall reveal the players of the "People's Choice" All-SFA team one-by-one, with the captain and vice-captain being named at the end.

1590647906926.png

But let us not just stop with naming the 21 most nominated players. No, there is too much high quality data here to just ignore. We shall also explore which teams have the most respected posters, where each player is most and least liked, and which team's players are least likely to response to a PM about this project (hint: the answer is the Swamprats).

Last edited:
    Antonio BlueVein
  • 1590380421496.png

Congrats on being named in the "People's Choice" All-SFA Team mate. Does being chosen in this team by your peers mean more to you than getting selected in a team produced by a committee behind closed doors?

To be totally honest Thrills, I’m extremely humbled. I think my selection speaks to my character more than anything, and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my time in this league. There are a lot of great personalities floating around and I’ve connected with a good many of them. It’s been a lot of fun.
    I’m not really sure of the selection criteria for the other All-SFA team, and I haven’t given it any thought until now.

Do you expect to get into the "real" one later this season?

This is the real one now.

Who else do you hope is in this team to play alongside you?

The people I voted for. I’m happy to publish that list.

What does it mean to you knowing that you are so well renowned in the SFA?

Complete and utter validation. The release of endorphins has rendered me catatonic, temporarily.

What do you have to say to the people that voted you in?

8A6F7805-7A9A-4D8A-A581-71598A7B7A77.gif

1590138701984.png
    Antonio BlueVein

Last edited:
    Barrybran
  • 1590380505674.png

Congrats on being named in the "People's Choice" All-SFA Team mate. Does being chosen in this team by your peers mean more to you than getting selected in a team produced by a committee behind closed doors? Do you expect to get into the "real" one later this season?

Absolutely. As much as we all love to grandstand a great sim performance, we don't control the outcome like we do our interactions on the board. We're all here for fun so I'm grateful that people enjoy my company. As for the real All SFA team I do think I'm a shot at a fringe position.

Who else do you hope is in this team to play alongside you? The ruck/rover/ruck rover unit is a tight knit group: what do you plan to do for a bonding exercise?

I'd bring haydo and Taylor with me if I could but if I had to predict which ruck and rover outside the Gumbies would make the side I'd say Tigerturbulance and Callums_Guns. No doubt there'd be a spa and nudie run involved.

What does it mean to you knowing that you appear to be so well renowned in the SFA? What do you have to say to the people that voted you in?
    As above, I'm grateful that people enjoy what I add to the board and I thank everyone who voted for me.

1590200440296.png

Barrybran

Last edited:
    manangatang
  • 1590380556956.png

Congrats on being named in the "People's Choice" All-SFA Team mate. Does being chosen in this team by your peers mean more to you than getting selected in a team produced by a committee behind closed doors? Do you expect to get into the "real" one later this season?

Well seeing as I’m part of said committee, it’s a hard question to answer. The official team selection process is rigorous and almost the best work the committee does, and those in the real team deserve their spot.

As for my own spot in the official team? It will depend on if my LG nominates me for a spot.

Who else do you hope is in this team to play alongside you? Could this be an opportunity for you to conduct some clandestine recruiting when the ball is at the other end of the qooty oval?

I’m guessing the other defensive spots will be filled with s**t-trucks like me, so I’m guessing we’ll just hang out and plait each others’ hair or something.

What does it mean to you knowing that you appear to be so well renowned in the SFA? What do you have to say to the people that voted you in?

The obvious thing to say to those who voted me in is ‘thank you’, but ‘why?’ also comes to mind.

I’ll represent the team from Full Back as best I can. Like an even more bloated and clumsy Jeremy McGovern.

1590208677793.png
    manangatang

Last edited:
    Loonerty
  • 1590379188455.png

It is a great honour to make this side, I always knew that I was loved and this is more proof of that. I won't get into the real one because my Qooty stats have been shithouse. But this is far more important.

Who else do you hope is in this team to play alongside you? You chose to play off the bench when there were still on-field positions available, how come?

I chose the interchange as an homage to my friend Headless. And because it didn't worry me where I was played. I will play with anyone and anywhere, I am that versatile.

What does it mean to you knowing that you appear to be so well renowned in the SFA? Do you aim to be a "nice guy" of the league, or does your charisma just attract people? What do you have to say to the people that voted you in?

I don't aim to be a nice guy, I think I'm just rational and not aggressive which people find comforting in a league that can at times get a little bit testy. To the people that voted me in, I thank you immensely and am sorry I did not return the favour.

1590213865892.png

Last edited:
    Mobbs
  • 1590380616049.png

Everybody already knows my answer to that, after last season.

Who else do you hope is in this team to play alongside you? The backline is starting to take shape; do you think you'll get along with your fellow defenders?

Nobody else is required.

What does it mean to you knowing that you appear to be so well renowned in the SFA? Do you consider yourself as some sort of father figure to everyone? What do you have to say to the people that voted you in?

Yes.

1590232280047.png
    Mobbs

Last edited:
    Ned_Flanders
  • 1590378537273.png

i loathe all individual awards, as they encourage everyone to embrace their inner WONDER. This can FOAD with my All-SFA spot, im off to the pub

Who else do you hope is in this team to play alongside you? There are some big names in the backline - do you reckon you'll be able to keep them in line?

if I can control the Furies, these flogs will be a piece of piss

What does it mean to you to appear to be so well renowned in the SFA? Is it an intentional strategy of yours to be seen as the "nice guy" of the league? What do you have to say to the people that voted you in?

it pisses me off, s**t like this makes it easier for bail bondsmen, repo men, and my ex's to track me down. I have good s**t i dont need these flogs taking off me, so fu** YOU to every flog who voted for me

1590287672303.png
    Ned_Flanders

Last edited:
    Dingster
  • 1590378464769.png

I'm happy to be voted in to either. Being voted in by Committee is a representation of the clubs, so I see it more as a differentiation of popularity vs sim/posting in the awards.

Who else do you hope is in this team to play alongside you? Do you think yourself and Antonio BlueVein can form a bond as fellow half back flankers?

Bloodied52 at CHB that way B52 and ABV will be going at each other non stop and stop and I'll have free reign on my side of the ground.

What does it mean to you knowing that you are so well renowned in the SFA? What do you have to say to the people that voted you in?

A vote for Ding is a vote for the Vampires.

1590296145376.png
    Dingster

Last edited:
    Tonga Bob
  • 1590480025782.png

Thank you Thrills! Whether it’s a team picked by my peers or by a committee of team elders who are people too, the recognition is truly humbling. And without getting ahead of myself, I’m quietly confident that my body of work this season both on and off the field stands up favourable against the other contenders.

Who else do you hope is in this team to play alongside you? Do any other S29 rookies stand a chance of selection?

I’d love to see quite a few of my Wazzas teammates selected, along with a good selection of the players you asked for and a decent amount of S29 rookies. The obvious choices are the Goose, the Chipmunk, the Brazilian, and your good self. Even wise old Santoz may get a run. I know I’m preaching to the converted here Thrills, but this season’s rookie class will be looked back on in the annals of SFA history as the benchmark on which to compare other rookie cohorts.

What does it mean to you knowing that you appear to be so well renowned in the SFA? As a rookie this is all the more impressive. What do you have to say to the people that voted you in?

Any recognition from your peers is humbling to receive, so I’d like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who I’ve interacted with this season for making my introduction to the SFA so much fun. In particular I want to acknowledge TiF & the rest of the Wazzas for all of their support and guidance this season. I’ve had an absolute ball this year, which I hope shows in my posting. The challenge now is to back it up with a similar effort in the following seasons, and to continue to do my bit in helping the rookies of the future find their way in this bizarrely wonderful world we’ve found ourselves in.

1590310845320.png
    Tonga Bob

Last edited:
    EJW
  • 1590378188258.png

It means less to be honest, because people will have forgotten about this thread the moment you finish it. Making the real side, it goes on your CV permanently. And if anyone is ever going to out CV okeydoke7 it's the real team that counts.

Who else do you hope is in this team to play alongside you? Who do you hope gets dragged from the field early in the game so you can have a solid run?

I have no idea who is in the side, can you help me with that? I don't care who makes it really, but if WaynesWorld19 or NaturalDisaster make it, I hope they get dragged. They're basically doppelgangers anyway.

What does it mean to you to appear to be so well renowned in the SFA? Does this accolade confirm the high demand for your services? What do you have to say to the people that voted you in?

In all seriousness, I couldn't give a fu** what people think of me. This place is a welcome distraction from the real world, and I treat it a bit like the Truman Show, and I'm outside the bubble. Watching people scurry around when this or that is said, it's actually really, really funny. You move your character to a place in the bubble and watch the reactions. Newsflash to some people, it's not real, and it doesn't matter.

Some people like me, I know some hate me. It is what it is. I really hope the people that don't like me continue as such, because you make the place more fun than the people that like me.

1590369075371.png
    Elton Johns Wig

Last edited:
    Tony Lynn 15
  • 1590479245622.png

Of course I will be in the real All SFA team. Last season was an anomaly. I will become the quickest to ever be a 4 time All SFA'er.

I am completely underwhelmed by being named in the "side".

Who else do you hope is in this team to play alongside you? Who do you hope is NOT in the team?

Really hoping HaroLad makes it in and LicoriceAllsorts. Would be really pissed off if Hate gets in. Actually this was voted by posters who like you so I guess that one is safe!

What does it mean to you to appear to be so well renowned in the SFA? Are you insulted that people have not heeded your tough guy persona? What do you have to say to the people that voted you in?

Unless you have been living under a rock it should be no surprise that I am well known, revered and loved. There was more chance of NaturalDisaster hooking up with a super model in real life than of me not being nominated in this side.

1590380869527.png
    Tony Lynn 15

Last edited:
    por_please_ya
  • 1590388257903.png

Thanks mate! I can comment from experience, because I've been named All-SFA before (slightly controversially...). I work hard on the Qooty field (left-wing preferred); it's not easy to get 20 kicks, 17 handballs and 3 goals in a game against the Bombers but... it is flattering and humbling to know people enjoy what I bring to the table in the banter stakes too.

As for the 2nd question, I think this is a chance for my fellow Hawks to shine.

Who else do you hope is in this team to play alongside you? There have been some pretty big names announced so far - are you comfortable that you'll be able to keep them all in line?

I'm hoping for more rookies like teammate Chipmunk, GWS Goose and yourself to get a nod. You've been playing some super Qooty but also contributing a mind-blowing amount to match threads and media. I have been very impressed.
    It is slightly intimidating to be amongst a team of legends the likes of Mobbs and Dingster. They might be old but never underestimate them! However I think I can hold my own easily enough. ;)

What does it mean to you to appear to be so well renowned in the SFA? You've been around for five seasons now, do you think your star is still rising? What do you have to say to the people that voted you in?

Whoa, has it been that long already?! Gee, I remember when I was a wee young Hawk with YearOfTheRoos :p I don't really see myself as a 'star' - maybe it's a moniker I'm uncomfortable with. It's more that the longer I'm in the league, the more people I'm exposed to, the more I contribute. I've definitely had a lot of fun this season and perhaps that's shown through when I post. Grazie mille for all who voted for me, free cannoli for everyone!

1590388402776.png
    por_please_ya

Last edited:
    pantsredacted
  • 1590394032946.png

Not really as they've chosen me in a position I don't play in, pure midfielder here, probably the greatest of all time. Well saying that I often get into the real All SFA in a spot I don't play in, or the bench. Unsure about the All SFA this season, my first half of the season was all time beautiful but the second half I fell right away with the Warriors.

Who else do you hope is in this team to play alongside you? Reckon there'll be any tension in the showers after the games given some of the names already announced?

Hoping to see all the captains and Ant Bear. Well deserved by all.

What does it mean to you to appear to be so well renowned in the SFA? You've been known to push people's buttons in the past...is this a sign you've become too much of a nice guy this season? What do you have to say to the people that voted you in?

No not at all, I've always been the same, I think enough posters understand what I bring to the league, they might not agree with it all the time but deep down they know I am charming. If you've got a talent to rile someone up but make them giggle a few moments later you're probably going to do all right here.

1590394081126.png
    pantsredacted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chipmunk
  • 1590398859095.png

Thank you! I've only been in BigFooty a short period of time and knew no-one before I joined so I'm happy to be remembered. Caz has given me a helping hand in that respect. The "real" one will always be more prestigious, as a mid-year recruit it'd be tough to make it but you never know.

The team is starting to take shape now. What do you make of it so far? Are you hoping for any late entries?

Very impressed so far! Everyone on the list so far I feel has made a special effort to engage with me, which I guess is part of the reason why they're on the list. Ned_Flanders deserves a special mention for not being too harsh on my childish jibes. Aside from the Hawks, I'd personally like Riviat to make it, as well as some of the S29 rookies: serial_thrilla , GWS Goose and GremioPower.

What does it mean to you to appear to be so well renowned in the SFA? Coming in midway through this season and making such an impact...what's your secret? What do you have to say to the people that voted you in?

It's very satisfying and humbling at the same time. My secret...I mentioned this on the Expansion thread, just being open to new experiences. Put yourself out there and the worst that can happen is people you don't know think you're a bit weird and you leave. Or you join this wonderful community and play a lot of Werewolf and chess. Thanks to all the voters and to the Hawks, I hope to keep it up in that difficult second season and give something back to the S30 rookies as well.

1590399111096.png

Chipmunk

serial_thrilla
  • 1590458600872.png

Okay, now seems like as good a place as any to Ant Bear it up and place myself in the All-SFA team.

In all seriousness though, this was always going to be the one major bias of collecting this data set: people were always going to act differently because I was asking the question. The way I see it, these would have been the motivations for people selecting me:
    1. They legitimately thought I deserved it (I know at least three people who did this).
    2. They felt sorry for me (the ol' pity vote).
    3. They couldn't think of a 12th person, and chucked my name in there to complete the list.
    4. They were trying to soften me up for a future recruitment pitch.
    5. The act of me asking them triggered my name in their head whilst completing the list.
    6. They were thinking ten steps ahead to this very moment: the classic stitch up!
    1590459234293.png

Anyway, thank you to all people who selected me for any of those reasons. For the record, I received 36 votes; which even with a large discount would have snuck me in the team. I am humbled and a little embarrassed to put myself in alongside such esteemed players....but * it: 160 PMs - I deserve this!

1590458641583.png

Emergencies
  • philreich
  • 1590477564592.png

It's always nice to be recognised by one's peers, and if I make the team at the end of the season, then of course I'll be honoured. But the flag is what everyone wants, and I'm no different - any personal accolades are a bonus.

The team is starting to take shape now. What do you make of it so far? Will you be utilising any team bonding exercises to try and recruit a few new Swamprats?

The line up is pretty settled, so I'm quietly confident of a good showing in this finals series. Bring it on!!!

We've had a few pre-finals dad joke bonding sessions - I guess time will tell if it's been a successful tactic.

What does it mean to you to appear to be so well renowned in the SFA? Are the deadly dad jokes your secret weapon to lower everyone's guard? What do you have to say to the people that voted you in?

I guess I have a bit of a way with words, and it seems my posting makes several people smile, which is nice. Thanks to those who voted for me.

1590477781244.png
    philreich

Headless
  • 1590541871743.png

serial_thrilla, thank you. I see your questions, but let me first respond to the masses of PMs I've been receiving in this convenient public platform. I keep telling you all: I just don't have the time to respond to every single piece of fan mail. I hope my CV will please you all instead:

Debut: Round 1, Season 7
    381 games, 205 goals
    2x premiership player (S18, S26)
    2x All-Sweet FA (S25, S27)
    Sweet FA Life Member
    MBD games record holder
    MBD greatest team ever
    MBD Hall of Fame
    MBD Best Clubman (S24)
    MBD Best Backman (S27)
    2x Eth Medal runner-up** (S24-25)
    okeydoke7 Medal (S27)
    Dragon Spirit Medal (S29)
    Inaugural HIT CHAMPION™ (S30)
    Undisputed* 18th best qootballer of all time (S27)
    Widely known for posting the best zingers in the league - resulted in popular phrase, "oh that Headless, they've done it again!"

**This is better than winning it for reasons.

I started my time in the league in Season 7 and, since, have seen it all. Controversy. Scandal. Brilliant sim performances. Literally nothing in this league will surprise me. In many ways, I am the heart of the league. It's a blessing and a curse.

Anyway, to answer your question, it's the INT2 position in the All-Sweet FA side I look forward to clinching. I encourage everybody to read manangatang's excellent thread here:

As you can see, my season on the interchange has been absolutely unparalleled. My selection in the All-Sweet FA team will genuinely be the most-deserved selection across 29 seasons of the league. BIG TIME.

What do you think of the team so far? Any preferences for who'd you would like as skipper? You've chosen this spot when there were many on-field positions still available...what do you bring to this team as an interchange specialist?

Oh, it's a splendid team. You know, with all the people in it and the like. The dynamics are simply wonderful. I enjoy and appreciate each and every one of my teammates, and if you asked me to name them without again consulting with thread - well, I could definitely do that.

Captaincy? It has to be our dear Serpenty friend brucetiki.

I chose the interchange because I think it's a really groovy position, and as an homage to my friend Loonerty.

Tehe! What a giggle!

What does it mean to you to appear to be so well renowned in the SFA? Your S29 has had the momentum of a runaway freight train: why are you so popular? What do you have to say to the people that voted you in?

Ooh, a tough question, but a fair one. serial_thrilla, there's no single answer. Some voters respond to my integrity; others are more impressed with my incorruptibility; still others buy my determination to lower taxes. And the bureaucrats in the state capital can put that in their pipes and smoke it!

Oh that Headless, they've done it again!

1590542258226.png
    Headless

The Filth Wizard
  • 1590553428869.png

Public opinion is to me the most important gauge of your work, especially when I'd be diluting any possible committee support for me by being one of the twelve in the debate. Nah, really, it's an honour. The two beez medals I have are some of my most treasured Sweet FA possessions and this is really nice too. No expectations at all about making it into the real side however as long as Ant Bear can keep inserting himself into them I might have to barrack to keep my record intact.

What do you think of the team so far? Any preferences for the last few spots? As full forward you've got certain responsibilities to uphold...what's the esky going to be loaded with for the half time refreshments?

Guns, for sure. Not the esky, the team. Reckon I had most of them in my list. I hope to see a bit more boys club representation but I couldn't really nom most of them as I've played with most before. As for the esky Ned likes to think he has the monopoly on goon but I was Goonbag Filth before he even existed in this league and I like my eskies filled, chilling my Debortoli Premium Shiraz (Pressings, not the standard like the chavs).

What does it mean to you to appear to be so well renowned in the SFA? Has captaincy mellowed you over time? What do you have to say to the people that voted you in?

I've been a captain for so long, with little breaks, I don't even remember what I was like beforehand. Needy and eager to please? Maybe I haven't changed that much.

I always talk about how much I love this place and how many friends I've made, even some of the best acquaintances. This place will always be dear to me. And nobody doesn't like being liked, that would be madness. For the people that voted me in, I hope we play together soon. PM me or just give me a wink and I'll PM you.

1590554101223.png

The Filth Wizard

Last edited:
    Tigerturbulance
  • 1590566153479.png

Congrats on being named in the "People's Choice" All-SFA Team mate. Does being chosen in this team by your peers mean more to you than getting selected in a team produced by a committee behind closed doors?
    I actually rate peer selection because its done on how people perceive you rather than sim generated stats. Just thankful I got the nod before Mrs Turbo, she seems to be getting more PMs than me these days.

Do you expect to get into the "real" one later this season?
    I have never made the All SFA side so not holding my breath.

Any preferences for who'd you would like as skipper?
    I'd go WFL as my skipper, Mrs Turbo loves that sexy pug so I'd sooner him out there on the qooty field with me than him sitting in the stands with Mrs T.

As centre you have a few key responsibilities in the team: namely throwing your weight around the centre square and being in charge of extracurricular activities.
    Being centre makes sense, gives me first go at those mid qunts.

What do you think of the team so far?
    Most of my selections are already selected, so fully endorse

Where will you take the lads and ladettes for the team bonding night?
    Start off at Kittens and once everyone is primed; over to my place and into Turbos Hot Tub for adult times

What does it mean to you to appear to be so well renowned in the SFA?
    More infamous than renowned I'd think

What do you say to the people who claim you're only tolerated because everyone want to recruit Mrs Turbo to the SFA?
    Totally agree, Mrs Turbo is gathering a huge following

What do you have to say to the people that voted you in?
    Thanks for giving an ex-banhammer con a break, loves ya all

1590566244577.png
    Tigerturbulance

Harvey Manfrenjensenden
  • 1590629685600.png

The committee is an oppressive dictatorship that seeks to impose it's will on the weak minded

Who else do you hope is in this team to play alongside you? Reckon you'll be able to do some recruiting whilst in the showers after the game?

Talking to people in the showers is creepy

What does it mean to you to appear to be so well renowned in the SFA? Are people just inherently attracted towards you, or do you have a carefully cultivated persona? What do you have to say to the people that voted you in?

My god have mercy on your souls

1590630819553.png
    Harvey Manfrenjensenden

TheInjuryFactory (vc)
  • 1590638763546.png

Congrats mate on being named in the "People's Choice" All-SFA Team, and also gaining the honour of being vice-captain. Does being chosen in this team by your peers mean more to you than getting selected in a team produced by a committee behind closed doors? Do you expect to get into the "real" one later this season?

Np9zQPh.gif

Cheers thrilla. It's nice to make the cut and a genuine surprise to pick up the vice captaincy of such a fine pack of reprobates. Generations from now, I have little doubt they will recall this very team and sing songs of our valour.

As reigning vice captain of the other one, I have to say this is far more pleasing. I mean, any committee member can basically just pick themselves in the All-SFA team as we know, while this one we've had no control over or ability to manipulate the result whatsoever... there wasn't even any point in having a splinter group PM or anything. :huh:

Spare a thought for poor Ant Bear! :'(

Not sure mate, I was elite at CHB this season but there'll be a lot of other captains vying for those precious defender positions to hide themselves in.

What do you think of the team so far? Any preferences for who'd you would like as your skipper? If anything "unexpected" happened to the captain and you had to take the reigns, what's the first thing you'd do to the team?

It appears incomplete to me, I think you probably need at least another couple of players to finish it off.

I would actually like Millky95 to be the captain, as this is also a make believe team that will never play a game.

I guess if this captain is anything like me, considering the savage treatment pantsredacted and harry000 endure behind closed doors, I'll probably just meekly ask them what time they'd like me to pick up their dry cleaning.

What does it mean to you to appear to be so well renowned in the SFA? If you had a choice between this and winning the beez, why is it you chose this auspicious team? What do you have to say to the people that voted you in?

It is the crowning achievement of my time on this earth, and will now be the opening salvo of my resume.

beez or this? It would have to be making this prestigious team. There's a badge for this right?

To all that voted for me, thank you for your heartfelt pity. It sustains me. :thumbsu:

1590641905264.png
    TheInjuryFactory

Last edited:
    Test Tickle (c)
  • 1590647520328.png

Congrats mate on being named in the "People's Choice" All-SFA Team, and also gaining the honour of being captain. Does being chosen in this team by your peers mean more to you than getting selected in a team produced by a committee behind closed doors? Do you expect to get into the "real" one later this season?

Yeah na its a terrific honor to be selected by your peers, they are the people I play with week in and week out, my team mates or my opposition each week, I learn from them and they learn from me, they all respect me and I don't take any of that for granted.
    I'm very versatile, especially in the post match showers, I was named All-SFA Ruck last season and yes I expect to be named again this season at Full Back, I've only had 9 goals kicked on me all season, that is a dour defender.

What do you think of the team, Skip? With three impressive bench players in Headless, Loonerty and Elton Johns Wig on the pine: you'll have some room to flex your captaincy muscles with them throughout the game.

Well I think the selection of Headless on the bench goes without saying and as for Loons and EJW, well they wont get a run until I decide to pull a couple off I guess.

A backline of Ned_Flanders, manangatang and Tony Lynn 15 - that'll be hard to beat with those three experienced trucks; but how will you keep them focused?

Keeping these guys focused will be a tough task, I think moving all the fast food trucks and hot dog stalls down the other end of the ground will be a good start, these guys are big units and are trained at their respective clubs by driving a food van around the outside of the oval, they'll chase it all night long. However, all 3 of them are quality players and well deserved selections.

Antonio BlueVein, Mobbs and Dingster across the halfback line, all three elite but with differing skillsets. Reckon you might need to send them off on a trip somewhere to get their minds aligned?

I'll most likely just bang their heads together at the start of each quarter, that usually gets their minds on the job and focused. RedVein and Ding have always been well respected flankers and Mobbs is a superstar.

Myself, por_please_ya and Harvey Manfrenjensenden make up an odd looking half forward line. Might need to fire a rocket up us to keep us focused. What's your go to method to keep the team in check?

I reckon Porps will keep this line under control, odd looking but lovable, a superstar rookie, a superwoman and well...Harvey. I'll be putting the hard word on Porps, to keep this line in reasonable working order at all times. I need this lot hitting up our next line, lace out every time.

There's some jets in the forward line with pantsredacted, The Filth Wizard and Chipmunk. Reckon you can keep their tempers down when the heat is turned up though?

I really like this line, its got a power of spunk about it, this is a quality line, I don't want their temps coming down, I need them firing, the more heated they are the harder they go, turn the heat up I say.

And that brings us to the midfield. There's some talent to burn in there with yourself, philreich, Barrybran, Tigerturbulance and the Warrior duo of TheInjuryFactory and Tonga Bob on the wings. Your only concern will be keeping them off the cans at half time. Reckon you'll instill some discipline so they wait until at least three quarter time?

I think half time drinks are OK, in fact if we are in front, I'd be one to throw them a pack of darts as well. I'll be ramming it down Bazzas throat all day long while Phil skirts the pack for the easy ball. Turbo just oozes quality, no one will get around his frame in the guts and TiF and Bob will run all day long. Very strong midfield, match winners everywhere here.

What does it mean to you to appear to be so well renowned in the SFA? What do you have to say to the people that voted you in?
    Well it means a lot of course to be chosen by your peers and you'd give your everything just to run out on to the park with this bloody fantastic mob. I'd like to thank everyone for their votes and I am overwhelmed by this selection, let alone be made Captain of this truly remarkable representative team.
    I assume Chief will be awarding me a badge for this honor of which I am truly grateful and I certainly will never under estimate the power that this honor will bestow in me.
    Thank you all and good luck to everyone involved in the finals series coming up and I would be nothing without my Bear Brothers and Sister.
    Go Bears!

1590647657385.png
    Test Tickle

Last edited:
    Team by team votes
  • Now that the team has been announced and the ceremony completed, the fun really begins: the data analysis!

Let's start with some simple stuff. How many players on each team got votes, and how many votes did the team get in total?

1590737020249.png

So I've ranked this by total number of votes, but you can also see how the distribution of votes went within each team.

A few observations that I can make:
    • The Furies only had six players receive votes, but three of them scored very well - enough to drag them up to eighth overall.
    • The Swamprats had a respectable 11 players get votes, but only two of them got five or more votes.
    • The Demons had the most number of players with ten or more votes (six).
    • The Warriors had 12 players receive votes (equal fifth) and five players receive ten or more votes (equal second) - but they had a couple of players score BIG, which vaulted them into first place overall for votes!

Royals
  • Remove this Banner Ad

Back