Serie A 2016/17

Remove this Banner Ad

Inter up to 4th with a 7-1 rout of Atalanta.
Banega and Icardi with hatricks. Roma and Napoli with comfortable wins and can't see the top 3 changing

Quite funny and ironic with all the talk recently about Juve getting favourable calls that we got 2 contentious penalties on the weekend plus Rog could have easily been sent off early in the 2nd half for a second yellow :D Insigne again was fantastic, started the season slow but he has been excellent since early December.

Inter have scored 12 goals in their last 2 games and making a late push for a CL spot. Don't think they will get it, but I'll say this, if they hold onto their best players in the offseason and sign a couple of better fullbacks, I can legitimately see them as title challengers next season.

Quite funny and ironic with all the talk recently about Juve getting favourable calls that we got 2 contentious penalties on the weekend plus Rog could have easily been sent off early in the 2nd half for a second yellow :D Insigne again was fantastic, started the season slow but he has been excellent since early December.

Inter have scored 12 goals in their last 2 games and making a late push for a CL spot. Don't think they will get it, but I'll say this, if they hold onto their best players in the offseason and sign a couple of better fullbacks, I can legitimately see them as title challengers next season.
Aren't Suning saying they will splash big money this summer, They want Bernadeschi for one.

That's horrendous

Did they cop a red card somewhere or did they just play s**t?

Staggering considering their form this season.
No red cards but turned the ball over in poor positions several times that led to goals. Didn't think they played that badly as strange as it seems, they started ok and should of had the lead and had several other good attempts on goal. Inter had a bit of luck and were pinging them from everywhere, think their 7 goals came from 8 attempts

Standard Napoli never making things easy for ourselves - just continue to concede avoidable late goals. Nevertheless though, a win is a win. Insigne continued his red hot form while Mertens made up for his penalty miss by scoring a fantastic free kick!

Aren't Suning saying they will splash big money this summer, They want Bernadeschi for one.

I believe so. They have already spent big last couple of windows signing Joao Mario, Gabigol and Gagliardini... and now want Berardi in addition to Bernardeschi too. They have a very good midfield and attack already though, so their first priority should be adding a couple of new defenders first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1-1 draw between Napoli and Juve. Not the most entertaining of games I've seen, Juve were sitting back for a lot of the game until we equalised. Nicely worked goals and finishes by Khedira and Hamsik.

Roma within 6 pts now of top, still have to play Juve at home too.

Blah, knew it was unlikely to overturn a two goal deficit against a team like Juve, but still disappointing as that was our last chance for some silverware this season. Glad we at least won the 2nd leg though.

I always wonder why Hamsik never left Napoli? Did big clubs not chase him cos he wasn't good enough?

He's at a big club already? ;)

He is definitely good enough, he's one of the most underrated players in the world. He's been linked over the years to the likes of Milan, Bayern and Juve (who bidded for him at the start of last season), but he's extremely loyal. A quote from him at the start of the year... "If I left Napoli, I would've won more, but money and wins aren't everything in life. I feel Napoletano and I'll never betray my people".

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

A brace to Higuain in a comfortable 2-0 win over Chievo. Dybala fantastic again and was delightful to watch. Hopefully we can have it wrapped up before the Roma game

Sampdoria-Fiorentina was a cracking game. Finished 2-2. Viviano with a good save in the last second of the game to deny Babacar from getting the winner.

Looking increasingly likely Fiorentina will miss out on Europe next season for the first time in quite a few years. They have been the biggest disappointments of the season imo.

Also, really like Sampdoria's team, got some terrific young players... Muriel, Schick, Torreira, Linetty, Praet, Bruno Fernandes and etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back