Serie A 2016/17

Remove this Banner Ad

Enthralling game between Napoli and Milan!

Milan did so well to comeback (brilliant goals by Niang and Suso) then they shot themselves in the foot with the two reds (actually should have been 3, amazing how Romagnoli didn't get sent off at the end for that handball!). As for Napoli, we just needed the win after last weeks result. Good to see Milik has hit the ground running and Mertens was great again!
Milik is a very promising striker who had a horrible euros in terms of finishing but hope he has a good season in the Serie A

As someone who has only just started watching Serie A again last season (forking out for BeIn Sports only for it to be included with Foxtel later) after missing out on it for many years (but still following the results), my god has my precious AC Milan become a shadow of their former selves. They are a proud club steeped in heritage and deserve better. Seeing the San Siro half empty is shameful.

The quicker they dispel themselves of that blood sucking leech Berlusconi and sell out to Chinese interests, the better.

As someone who has only just started watching Serie A again last season (forking out for BeIn Sports only for it to be included with Foxtel later) after missing out on it for many years (but still following the results), my god has my precious AC Milan become a shadow of their former selves. They are a proud club steeped in heritage and deserve better. Seeing the San Siro half empty is shameful.

The quicker they dispel themselves of that blood sucking leech Berlusconi and sell out to Chinese interests, the better.
Good signing made today though..

Gotta be honest, never heard of him. Had to look up his Wikipedia page lol. And Milan keeping up the tradition of only signing players 30 years old or older.
I still think that we have a squad that is capable of playing European football. Also been impressed with Gomez so far.

I still think that we have a squad that is capable of playing European football. Also been impressed with Gomez so far.
I hope so. It's the defence that worries me, they seem a shambles. Milan have traditionally had a rock solid defence, but the current one looks shakey as f***.

I really hope the Chinese buyout rumours are true. It'd be great to have the money to lure top players again.

CrNvhLVVIAAa8_Z.jpg

Thrilled with our transfer market! Added much needed depth in defence and midfield! Very happy too that we kept both Koulibaly and Gabbiadini.

I hope so. It's the defence that worries me, they seem a shambles. Milan have traditionally had a rock solid defence, but the current one looks shakey as f***.

I really hope the Chinese buyout rumours are true. It'd be great to have the money to lure top players again.

Mate our defense is so exposed because of our non existent midfield, Our midfield is very one dimensional that lacks creativity, The most one paced midfield in the league IMO.

Montella playing Bonaventura and with plans to play Sosa and Fernandez there now should help, These guys have spark and can pick a pass, Hopefully we can find the right balance and stay fit and on the park, I think Montella is the right manager for our situation.

The Chinese group have signed preliminary agreements and if they don't take full control in the next 2 weeks will be fined 85Million, So the deal is as good as done, They have also stated that 100Million will be spent to strengthen the squad in January and a further 250Million to be invested over the next 3 years, This money will be used for marketing as well and the market.

Future plans seem to be heading to Milan being placed on the Chinese stock exchange similar to how Man United operate.

Rockbotton has happened we now should start to move up the ladder again, I hope.

Mate our defense is so exposed because of our non existent midfield, Our midfield is very one dimensional that lacks creativity, The most one paced midfield in the league IMO.

Montella playing Bonaventura and with plans to play Sosa and Fernandez there now should help, These guys have spark and can pick a pass, Hopefully we can find the right balance and stay fit and on the park, I think Montella is the right manager for our situation.

The Chinese group have signed preliminary agreements and if they don't take full control in the next 2 weeks will be fined 85Million, So the deal is as good as done, They have also stated that 100Million will be spent to strengthen the squad in January and a further 250Million to be invested over the next 3 years, This money will be used for marketing as well and the market.

Future plans seem to be heading to Milan being placed on the Chinese stock exchange similar to how Man United operate.

Rockbotton has happened we now should start to move up the ladder again, I hope.
Good to hear.

Speaking of the midfield, it might be an unpopular opinion, but Montolivo needs to be moved on.

Booooo
I'm enjoying where you guys are now:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to hear.

Speaking of the midfield, it might be an unpopular opinion, but Montolivo needs to be moved on.
I don't think that's unpopular at all, He's been part of the problem for a whle now, The fact he signed a new 3 year deal in June was madness. He tries hard and tries to lead but he doesn't have any support, The next 6 months will be big for his future in Milan.

I don't think that's unpopular at all, He's been part of the problem for a whle now, The fact he signed a new 3 year deal in June was madness. He tries hard and tries to lead but he doesn't have any support, The next 6 months will be big for his future in Milan.
Out of curiosity, where do you keep up with all the Milan news? Just the official website? I try, but I'm tragically out of the loop.

Out of curiosity, where do you keep up with all the Milan news? Just the official website? I try, but I'm tragically out of the loop.

Red and Black forum. Fan site, Good for match threads and transfer gossip, People are a little nuts over there though haha. Good mix of fans though from Europe America and Australia.

Won't let me post the link from my phone so just google red and black forum and you'll see it.

Red and Black forum. Fan site, Good for match threads and transfer gossip, People are a little nuts over there though haha. Good mix of fans though from Europe America and Australia.

Won't let me post the link from my phone so just google red and black forum and you'll see it.
Does anyone know what's going on with the ultras? Thought they were boycotting but could tell they were there in force vs Torino.. Any updates?

Does anyone know what's going on with the ultras? Thought they were boycotting but could tell they were there in force vs Torino.. Any updates?

Not sure to be honest, They've protested against Galliani a lot recently and were weary of the Chinese takeover but Galliani is done now and they've just got to accept the chinese is the way forward.

Not sure to be honest, They've protested against Galliani a lot recently and were weary of the Chinese takeover but Galliani is done now and they've just got to accept the chinese is the way forward.
Yeah, they seem to be accepting the new regieme from what I have heard...

Yep a lot of older members in the Curva Sud who want that romantic connection to italian owners but it's just to hard in 2016. Not eveeyone can own FIAT/Ferrari. :)
10 years ago, I would have hated the idea, but look at Man City, Chelsea and to a lesser extent PSG now. Foreign investment has done wonders. I'm old enough to remember when MC and Chelsea were boring also-rans (but not old enough to remember when they were good before that lol), they were shithouse for most of the 80s/90s.

Yep a lot of older members in the Curva Sud who want that romantic connection to italian owners but it's just to hard in 2016. Not eveeyone can own FIAT/Ferrari. :)
Hear about their charity work with the UN about the Italian earthquake? Gave heaps of supplies and cash tot the victims. Great work Curva Sud!

As I expected, comfortable win by Napoli this morning. Tore them apart inside the opening 20 mins of the 2nd half after a frustrating 1st half. Really impressed with how quickly Zielinski has fitted in - he's been effective in all 3 of his appearances so far.

9 goals in the first 3 games for us... Gonzalo who? :p his 2nd goal this morning for Juve was pretty awesome though :'(

As I expected, comfortable win by Napoli this morning. Tore them apart inside the opening 20 mins of the 2nd half after a frustrating 1st half. Really impressed with how quickly Zielinski has fitted in - he's been effective in all 3 of his appearances so far.

9 goals in the first 3 games for us... Gonzalo who? :p his 2nd goal this morning for Juve was pretty awesome though :'(
What's up with Allan? Noticed he didn't start.

Will try and watch a game when I can but might be tough the next month as Im moving this week and funds are tight and not sure if I can afford a new NBN package etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back