Serie A 2017/18

Remove this Banner Ad

Juve surely still favourites but that result makes things very interesting.

When was the last time Juve lost a league match at home?
Seen a stat on Twitter, apparently it was a 1-0er against Udinese in August 2015 their last loss previously

They went 57 games unbeaten in all competitions (50W 7D)

Great to get the 3 pts vs Roma away but very unusual for us to win by a 1-0 scoreline and actually defend out the game like we did in the 2nd half. Shows we can win by grinding out games too, which will be needed to win the title. I actually thought Diawara and Zielinski would be our starting CM's this season but Jorginho and Allan are both back to their peak form after being quite inconsistent last season.

I'm a tad concerned by our lack of depth up-front though, even moreso now that Milik has another long term injury. Literally our only back-up attackers at the moment are Giaccherini and Ounas. Cannot afford to lose Insigne or Mertens to injury (also got to keep them fresh when we can as don't want to run them into the ground).

Big week coming up with Man City in the CL then Inter on the weekend in a top of the table clash!

The last time that Juventus lost at home after being in front was in 2002 to Lazio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm fairly sure Juve's first loss at their new stadium was against Inter where they scored within like the first minute but lost 3-1.

I also recall a few years ago (2009?) Juve led Napoli at HT 1-0 but lost 3-2.

How did Mandzukic get red carded?

Great to get the 3 pts vs Roma away but very unusual for us to win by a 1-0 scoreline and actually defend out the game like we did in the 2nd half. Shows we can win by grinding out games too, which will be needed to win the title. I actually thought Diawara and Zielinski would be our starting CM's this season but Jorginho and Allan are both back to their peak form after being quite inconsistent last season.

I'm a tad concerned by our lack of depth up-front though, even moreso now that Milik has another long term injury. Literally our only back-up attackers at the moment are Giaccherini and Ounas. Cannot afford to lose Insigne or Mertens to injury (also got to keep them fresh when we can as don't want to run them into the ground).

Big week coming up with Man City in the CL then Inter on the weekend in a top of the table clash!
Allan is a boss, always been a fan of his

You always need a player in midfield who has that aggression and fierce desire to succeed

Anyways, would've liked to have rolled Inter to get a buffer on them and maintain the buffer on Juve, but at least we didn't lose and kept a cleansheet. I wonder if Inter can keep it up? Could be a three horse race.

Two yellows for dissent. Massive overreaction by the ref.
Nice to pile on 4 goals after being reduced to 10 men and a well deserved hat trick for Sami
Did Khedira score a hattrick? Geez Udinese are rubbish at the moment, can see them doing a Palermo by the way they're going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Napoli still my favourites for the Scudetto. Juventus to finish 2nd with the Roman and Milan clubs fighting for the last UCL spot.

Also, Udinese are complete ass right now. What's happened to the team that finished 3rd two years running not long ago?

Napoli still my favourites for the Scudetto. Juventus to finish 2nd with the Roman and Milan clubs fighting for the last UCL spot.

Also, Udinese are complete ass right now. What's happened to the team that finished 3rd two years running not long ago?
Di Natale retired, we bought Allan from them, Benatia was sold too

Just plain old average players running through there

I wonder if the Pozzos are cashing in on Watford too? Perhaps most of their resources are going through there now?

Di Natale retired, we bought Allan from them, Benatia was sold too

Just plain old average players running through there

I wonder if the Pozzos are cashing in on Watford too? Perhaps most of their resources are going through there now?

Udinese have always been good spotting players for nothing though. Di Natale retiring would of had an effect but the Watford thing wouldve done more damage even though long term Udinese would be a better prospect for European football than the Hornets.

This season Italy gets 4 automatic spots. This avoided the embarrassment of Italy taking England's 4th spot away.

I don't think Milan are close to Sampdoria, Torino and Atalanta let alone Inter, Lazio or Roma.

This season Italy gets 4 automatic spots. This avoided the embarrassment of Italy taking England's 4th spot away.

I don't think Milan are close to Sampdoria, Torino and Atalanta let alone Inter, Lazio or Roma.

Yup, literally the only reason they gave Italy their fourth place spot back was to avoid the disaster that they were going to overtake England in the co-efficient standings.

Yup, literally the only reason they gave Italy their fourth place spot back was to avoid the disaster that they were going to overtake England in the co-efficient standings.
So who loses a spot next for next year?

Because England had extra teams in Europe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope. Country co-efficient is the average of the teams from your association.

Udinese have always been good spotting players for nothing though. Di Natale retiring would of had an effect but the Watford thing wouldve done more damage even though long term Udinese would be a better prospect for European football than the Hornets.
Their system has found Richarlison I guess

Would love to snag him for Watford if he keeps his form up. He's a way better left footed version of Nacer Chadli imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back