Serie A 2018/19

Fiorentina are currently sitting in second after a 3-0 win over Spal, a very nice start to the season for La Viola.

On Thursday my Fiorentina Jersey and Cap arrived in the post. I got the home jersey with the #24 (Benassi) on the back.

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
Absolutely have battered Frosinone and took Ronnie goal late on to win it.
Looked a touch offside to me but the red decided against using VAR.
Bernardeschi added another at the death

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Napoli up 2-0 at half time, away at Torino

Insigne and Verdi with the goals so far
Ended up winning 3-1

We have responded strongly since the pathetic display against Sampdoria a few weeks ago.

Midweek fixtures coming up now, Inter Fiorentina on Wednesday morning is arguably the pick of that bunch, but next weekend is where it's at, the Rome derby, Juve vs Napoli and Fiorentina vs Atalanta are probably the best fixtures. Sassuolo Milan might be good too.

Bologna rolling Roma 2-0 is the big result from the weekend. Inter might finally be getting their season together, good 1-0 away win at Sampdoria, victory against Fiorentina and Cagliari this week will help cement that. Milan dropped points to Atalanta at home also and now play away to Empoli and high flying Sassuolo over the next week, crunch week for them.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
SPAL have started well too aside from their loss to Fiorentina in the weekend.

Gotta keep banking these points to stay safe above the drop zone though, next two months they could be found out. Sassuolo, Sampdoria, Inter, Roma, Lazio and Juve in that run with only Frosinone and Cagliari as easier games there. If they can average about a point a match from their next 8 games before they play Empoli then I'd say that's a great result for them, would leave them on 17 points from 13 games, closer to 20 points by then then the better.

Only five rounds in but pretty happy to see Fiorentina sitting in 3rd. A couple of big teams currently sitting in the bottom half in AC Milan and Roma.
upload_2018-9-24_15-4-33.png

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Frosinone no goals in five games...
Yeah doubtful they survive

Chievo's point deduction may bite them on the backside too in due course but they've been a top flight regular for a few years, they might work their way out of trouble. Hard to say on the rest though for now.

SPAL the big surprise though in regards to relegation candidates, keep banking them wins, 35 points may be enough to stay up.

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
3-1 to the good guys.
Plenty of controversy and spite but Ronnie cut them to pieces
Same old Napoli too...

Took an early lead through Mertens, then conceded twice before a red card to Rui killed the game off just before the hour mark.

Not even October and Juve has one hand on the Scudetto already...
TBF I thought Leo should have been sent off when we were 2-1 up and to rub salt into the wounds he scores our third

Adam_23

All Australian
Apr 14, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd, Napoli, Cavs
Hmm tough night for Napoli after what was 3 pretty strong league performances in a row - didn't think we were that bad to be honest, Juve just on another level right now and Ronaldo was so influential. Tough to win in Turin but we didn't help ourselves with some really lazy passes out from the back + poor defensive work (such as that Hysaj 'clearing' header which led to their equaliser...). I liked how we responded after the red card, shame Callejon couldn't finish that golden chance to make it 2-2.

Also:
-Really liking Ancelotti's squad rotation, it's giving everyone a crack and should hold us in good stead in the long run. I like our depth.
-Unfortunately, Hamsik is on his last legs and i think when we play the better teams, we have to go with either Diawara or Fabian Ruiz instead of him.
-Need Ghoulam back ASAP as despite Mario Rui being a solid replacement during his time out, the guy still makes some really dumb and reckless decisions.
-Love the look of Kevin Malcuit! Think he'll get quite a few starts ahead of Hysaj as the season goes on.

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
Apart from Juve coasting at the moment I'm really enjoying the league so far this season. Has been some mental games including tonights between Genoa and Parma. Hoping the league can get somewhere remotely near the monster it was in the 90s and early 2000s.

Back