Serie A 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Romagnoli - does know how to score a terrific late winner.

Milan vs Juve next week looks enticing.
Probably the most exciting game of the year so far for mine from a juve perspective.

Atalanta with a deserved 4-1 win over Inter. Played them off the park in the first half and deserved more than their 1-0 lead at the break.

That could have ended differently for Milan.
Both goals from Juve were class.
Hig's pen miss and what should have been another penalty when Chielini handled a Milan player in the box and won a free from it o_O

Squad isn't there in comparison though.

Atalanta with a deserved 4-1 win over Inter. Played them off the park in the first half and deserved more than their 1-0 lead at the break.

That had to be one of the worst defensive Inter performances for a very long time. Atalanta had numerous chances first half and a few were fairly simple. Should have had 7-8 goals.

Inter just got absolutely bossed by a physical team - Bergamo is a bit like a rainy, cold, windy night at Stoke - but instead it's usually thick fog

On another note, I've really gotten in to Golazzo - an Italian football podcast. Not just strictly Serie A, but mostly is with some national team focus as well. They tend to have a focus topic then discuss around that plus wrap up the weekend of Serie A that's just been (or if the national team played etc.). Worth a listen if you haven't already

https://audioboom.com/channel/golazzo--the-totally-italian-football-show

Thank you Chievo!
Another good weekend and a 8 point lead with 1/3 of the season gone.
Hopefully can blow the lead out to about a dozen by time the end of year break comes around

I think it’s now 5/6 draws in a row for Fiorentina. Another season is slipping away.
Thought you gave as good as you got but we just had a bit too much class. The start of the second half especially you had a crack and Chiellini’s comical goal to make it 2-0 was against the run of play.

Far from convincing today but good to grind out a win - second half was especially poor. Never easy though to win away at Atalanta.

Thrilled Milik scored the winner, i think i'm one of only a few who still has bundles of faith and confidence in him!

Side note: i reckon Milan are battling on really well despite their absentee list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Far from convincing today but good to grind out a win - second half was especially poor. Never easy though to win away at Atalanta.

Thrilled Milik scored the winner, i think i'm one of only a few who still has bundles of faith and confidence in him!

Side note: i reckon Milan are battling on really well despite their absentee list.
Milik always had potential to be a gun, just can his body hold up? Durability is the problem there.

No issues on playing ability though

Very pleasing all-round game this morning by Napoli - despite the below par opposition, i don't take any win for granted after that poor home draw recently vs Chievo.

Adam Ounas was incredible, what a talent. Seeing him, Luperto, Rog, Diawara, Meret (club debut), Younes (club debut) all feature was great. The faith Ancelotti is showing in the whole squad is so good, taking pressure off the likes of Insigne, Mertens, Allan etc.

Ghoulam making his return from the knee injuries after over 400 days out was probably the most pleasing thing though, 2 assists to Milik as well! What a comeback match!

And just on the games so far this round...

Watched Juve vs Inter. Felt Inter matched them for the most part, but as usual, Juve take their golden chance, opposition didn't - Mandzukic is having one hell of a season. This constant Juve winning is becoming tiresome...

Also, Roma 2 goals up at HT vs Cagliari, then gave up a 95th min equaliser when Cagliari were down to 9 men!! Lazio gave up a 99th (!!!) min equaliser too vs Samp. Absolute madness.

And just on the games so far this round...

Watched Juve vs Inter. Felt Inter matched them for the most part, but as usual, Juve take their golden chance, opposition didn't - Mandzukic is having one hell of a season. This constant Juve winning is becoming tiresome...

Also, Roma 2 goals up at HT vs Cagliari, then gave up a 95th min equaliser when Cagliari were down to 9 men!! Lazio gave up a 99th (!!!) min equaliser too vs Samp. Absolute madness.
Inter gave as good as they got in the first half and squandered the best chance of the half. Thought they were pretty poor in the majority of the second half and didn’t offer much though. They seemed to tire towards the end and didn’t show much urgency for a side that trailed. I still don’t think we are in top form yet but the important thing is to grind out results

Fiorentina looked pretty poor tonight but managed to snatch a point with goals in the 89th and 96th minute. Sassuolo were all over them for long stints and should have killed off the game

Last edited:
Fiorentina looked pretty poor tonight but managed to snatch a point with goals in the 89th and 96th minute. Sassuolo were all over them for long stints and should have killed off the game
Another bloody draw, we haven't had a win since September. I was really hopeful for this season after a positive start but we are a mid table at best at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back