Serie A 2020/21 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Super performance by Napoli this morning, completely dominated a Roma team who has hardly put a foot wrong all season so far. Arguably our best outing under Gattuso. Thought Zielinski and Fabian were superb through the middle.

A performance and result fitting for a tribute to Diego :hearts: loved the kits we played in too!

Looking like a pretty good season shaping up here, tight in the top half at the moment.
Can only hope the last few weeks being shown up by Sassuolo and Milan was an eye opener for the squad considering the garbage Juve decision, really should've got something from Sassuolo for example imo.

Fiorentina, Parma and Torino all struggling down in or near the relegation zone. It’s going to be a tough year for la Viola.
I'll back in Fiorentina and Torino to improve as the year goes on, Torino can score goals at least (even though they're poor defensively), while Viola are still far better than most bottom half sides imo

Not sure with Parma this year, they were decent last year, but seems they've lost some touch

Genoa has been stinky for a few years, won't be surprised if they go down, the league is a step too high for Crotone imo, they're a good Serie B team as shown by their 2 recent promotions, but imo they lack the quality to go the distance, Spezia and Benevento may find it hard in the back end of the season, but wait and see. Benevento did well to get a point from Juve on the weekend, but looking back at the highlights, Dybala in particular would like to have his time again in this game, missed quite a few golden opportunities, could've easily had been a regulation 3-1/4-1 win for Juve.

So yeah, at this present state I'll have Crotone, Genoa, Parma, Spezia and Benevento for the 3 relegation spots

I'll back in Fiorentina and Torino to improve as the year goes on, Torino can score goals at least (even though they're poor defensively), while Viola are still far better than most bottom half sides imo

Not sure with Parma this year, they were decent last year, but seems they've lost some touch

Genoa has been stinky for a few years, won't be surprised if they go down, the league is a step too high for Crotone imo, they're a good Serie B team as shown by their 2 recent promotions, but imo they lack the quality to go the distance, Spezia and Benevento may find it hard in the back end of the season, but wait and see. Benevento did well to get a point from Juve on the weekend, but looking back at the highlights, Dybala in particular would like to have his time again in this game, missed quite a few golden opportunities, could've easily had been a regulation 3-1/4-1 win for Juve.

So yeah, at this present state I'll have Crotone, Genoa, Parma, Spezia and Benevento for the 3 relegation spots
I'll take that. Make it happen.:)

A home game against a team that has only one won game and we need a 98th minute equaliser to take a point. I’m not confident we will survive this season.

Last edited:
Sad news to hear anothe Legend gone! His hattrick against Brazil in the 1982 World Cup is what legends are made off, was crucial in Italy going all the way to winning the World Cup!

That match against a mighty Brazil side (excl their defence) featuring Zico, Socrates, Falcao is one of the great WC games.

Ronnie with a double from the spot in his 1000th game. Really dominant performance and had 3 goals cancelled out before the late pens. Really needed that to try and stick with Milan

Milan battered Parma but still trailed 2-0 in the second half. Needed a injury time goal from Hernandez to grab a point

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee whiz, that was one of the most frustrating games i have ever watched. We dominated that game, particularly the 2nd half. Chance after chance not taken, typical Napoli :rage:

Mertens injured inside 15 mins and Insigne sent off, and with Osimhen still uncertain with injury, we could be pretty thin up front vs Lazio on the weekend. Ugh.

Ronnie missed a pen so Juve had to settle for a point against Atalanta. Was a pretty decent game and both keepers were outstanding to keep the scores locked.
Thankfully Milan also was held to a draw which has kept them within reach but 6 draws already for us and need to turn some of those into wins

Fiorentina had a big win this morning defeating Juventus 3-0 in Turin. It's our first away for the season an d our first win in Turin (against Juventus) since March 2008.

Unfortunately when you play with 10 men for 70 odd minutes it takes it toll. Very disappointing loss and plenty to be concerned about

The 3-0 Juve/Napoli result also overturned which means the game will be replayed... Napoli also regain that deducted point 😍
Sanity finally prevails.

Sanity finally prevails.
Sanity prevails for now but I see Valeri is the ref tomorrow morning. The Lega will give us Mazzoleni and Valeri plus any other rubentus fanboi on rotation for the rest of the season.
On the bright side, we usually bounce back from an unexpected loss and Insigne owes us big time.

Sanity prevails for now but I see Valeri is the ref tomorrow morning. The Lega will give us Mazzoleni and Valeri plus any other rubentus fanboi on rotation for the rest of the season.
On the bright side, we usually bounce back from an unexpected loss and Insigne owes us big time.

Well, Insigne scored a brilliant late equaliser but that was a dismal performance.

We may be the worst crossing team in the league, cross after cross goes nowhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back