Serie A 2020/21 Thread

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
The Lukaku-Lautaro partnership getting better every game, could very well be the difference in the title race. Inter's second goal was all class, wonderful team move.

They also gotta thank Handanovic though, a series of great saves to deny Ibra and Tonali when it was only 1-0.
Lukaku one of the best forwards undoubtedly in the world right now.

Lewa, Haaland, Mbappe are probably the only people I would take in front of him on today's form. (Probably missed a few others but my point still stands.)

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
Well the last flicker of hope was extinguished this morning. Pretty evident that this current squad isn’t capable of getting it done so need to start planning for the future

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Pirlo the Italian Lampard?
Were Lampard’s tactics overly complicated for a squad that has the worst midfield out of all the top clubs in Europe?

mike123

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Finally Pirlo plays a 4-3-3 as opposed to a hybrid formation that opens up too many weaknesses. Danilo to CDM was a move he should have made earlier as well.

Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Atalanta B.C
Finally Pirlo plays a 4-3-3 as opposed to a hybrid formation that opens up too many weaknesses. Danilo to CDM was a move he should have made earlier as well.
I only saw the highlight but Chiesa looked really good. This formation would suit him and Kulusevski a lot better I'd imagine.

mike123

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
I only saw the highlight but Chiesa looked really good. This formation would suit him and Kulusevski a lot better I'd imagine.
Definitely suits both of them to have a fullback overlapping and providing word that so he has more freedom to cut inside.

Adam_23

All Australian
Apr 14, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd, Napoli, Cavs
Thought I'd never see the day Benevento knock off Juve in Turin - truly a horror season for them.

Back to back wins for Napoli away to Milan and Roma! Pleasing run of form at the moment, Demme, Fabian and Zielinksi have been important as a cohesive midfield unit.

Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Atalanta B.C
Thought I'd never see the day Benevento knock off Juve in Turin - truly a horror season for them.

Back to back wins for Napoli away to Milan and Roma! Pleasing run of form at the moment, Demme, Fabian and Zielinksi have been important as a cohesive midfield unit.
Big win for Benevento in the relegation fight too.

Atalanta had a back 4 of toloi, Romero, Palomino, djimsiti with their wingbacks out.
Zapata and Malinovski were dominant in the first half for their win 2-0 over Verona.

Aug 27, 2007
Block 108 as loud as any
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Everton_East Freo_Atalanta_Tranmere
Big win for Benevento in the relegation fight too.

Atalanta had a back 4 of toloi, Romero, Palomino, djimsiti with their wingbacks out.
Zapata and Malinovski were dominant in the first half for their win 2-0 over Verona.

Good to notch up another win. Form is good aside from the Inter blip (and of course the CL)

Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Atalanta B.C
Ronaldo a little more hungry than usual today, a couple the better option to pass rather than try silly angles.
And chiesa going down like that trying to win a pen, they were pretty desperate.
Handbags in the changerooms afterwards apparently, a lot of pressure on Pirlo.

Pretty poor result especially the manner in which the Benevento player scored where he got a tasty assist from Arthur.

Adam_23

All Australian
Apr 14, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd, Napoli, Cavs
Loss to Juve in Turin overnight makes our top 4 hopes slightly dented now but still only 2 pts behind Atalanta with 9 games to go. Our mentality in big games in question again under Gattuso, we got the attacking talent so it's frustrating to see us look to "not lose" rather go for the win from minute 1.

Inter only a few more wins away now until they officially clinch the title.

mike123

Cancelled
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Probably had a better chance of beating us earlier in the season

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
In the relegation battle Cagliari came from 3-1 down to defeat Parma 4-3 with 2 goals in injury time. The result is nearly the final nail in Parma’s hopes of survival

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Very real chance of missing out on a CL and turning into a disastrous season. Some heads willl need to roll

Back