Adam_23

All Australian
Apr 14, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd, Napoli, Cavs
Some awesome goals this morning in Napoli vs Lazio. Going down to the wire to stitch up 2nd to 4th places between Milan, Juve, Atalanta and Napoli.

Race at the other end getting tight too now with Torino and Cagliari suddenly firing. Benevento looking a touch nervy now after looking almost safe 2-3 weeks ago.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Some awesome goals this morning in Napoli vs Lazio. Going down to the wire to stitch up 2nd to 4th places between Milan, Juve, Atalanta and Napoli.

Race at the other end getting tight too now with Torino and Cagliari suddenly firing. Benevento looking a touch nervy now after looking almost safe 2-3 weeks ago.
I've maintained Torino are good enough to survive, they were in the top half for attack when they were bottom 3 after 10-15 games or so, so felt the fire-power was there, just gotta clean it up defensively.

Cagliari have been very disappointing considering they were solid midtable not too long ago, but better now than never and get relegated.

I was feeling a comfortable a fortnight ago, but suddenly another win to Caligari and both 13th placed Fiorentina and 14th placed Genoa re-enter the relegation battle, and Caligari play both teams in the final rounds. There are definitely enough games remaining for there to be few more twists over the next month.

Adam_23

All Australian
Apr 14, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Atalanta up to 2nd, Napoli to 3rd, Juve down to 4th and after spending pretty much all season in the top 2, Milan down to 5th...

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Atalanta up to 2nd, Napoli to 3rd, Juve down to 4th and after spending pretty much all season in the top 2, Milan down to 5th...
I was expecting to be 4th, but surprise surprise, Milan s**t the bed again

Interesting, 3 teams on 66 points now, so that cancels out H2H and GD comes into play? We have H2H on Juve I think on away goals but Milan has the H2H on us.

Would love to see a few Inter slip ups next few weeks, but they win the Scudetto in MD37 at Juve to rub it in, cos let's be honest surely they get their 4-5 points needed in their last 5 games to clinch it.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
I was feeling a comfortable a fortnight ago, but suddenly another win to Caligari and both 13th placed Fiorentina and 14th placed Genoa re-enter the relegation battle, and Caligari play both teams in the final rounds. There are definitely enough games remaining for there to be few more twists over the next month.
Benevento in terrible form lately with Cagliari improving will probably save the more established names from relegation, aside from Parma who have had an absolutely trash season after a good year last year

Parma is an example that yoyo teams like Hellas Verona need to watch and learn from, they're the type of team who could have a very good season (which they are this year) then fall into a relegation battle the next season.

Funny the last time Parma were relegated in 2014-15 Atalanta survived the drop by 3 points and Cagliari went down instead. Boy how their fortunes have changed since

Adam_23

All Australian
Apr 14, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Congrats to Inter, well deserved.

They started the season a bit slow, but really got going a couple of months in. Lukaku and Lautaro upfront have been an amazing duo, likewise Barella and Brozovic in the middle of the park. Hakimi outwide gave so much drive and Bastoni, De Vrij and Skriniar all great and made Conte's preferred back 3 system work. Credit to Eriksen too for establishing himself after he looked all but gone in January.

Conte started the Juve dynasty, now he's ended it.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams

They started the season a bit slow, but really got going a couple of months in. Lukaku and Lautaro upfront have been an amazing duo, likewise Barella and Brozovic in the middle of the park. Hakimi outwide gave so much drive and Bastoni, De Vrij and Skriniar all great and made Conte's preferred back 3 system work. Credit to Eriksen too for establishing himself after he looked all but gone in January.

They definitely learnt their lesson from last year closing it out properly here

Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Atalanta B.C
Cagliari are really plucky atm

Though tbf they should be, destiny in their own hands now to stay up

These dropped points could ruin Napolis CL hopes
I think the game devolved in the 2nd half with Cagliari have the game on their terms (lump it long to their 3 strikers) and Napoli turning it over too often, the equaliser was coming, meret made a great save to keep out a pavolatelli shot a few minutes before.

Napoli probably didn't have the smarts or awareness to control the game. Costly draw given Atalanta dropped points, Lazio and other contender won.

Just saw the highlights of Atalanta Sassuolo and Muriel had a pen saved which was obviously very costly, apart from the fact they played most of the game without gollini as he entered the 'reddy zone' which a league fans may appreciate.

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,

Disappointing but the signs were there from very early on that our run was over.
I can stomach Inter winning it and happy for Conte.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
I'm thinking 7 points may be more than enough from last 3 games Adam_23 ?

7 points will take care of Lazio, even if they win out

Screenshot_20210510-125715_Chrome.jpg

Atalanta have
Benevento H
Genoa A
Milan H

Milan have
Torino A
Cagliari H
Atalanta A

Napoli have
Udinese H
Fiorentina A
Verona H

Juventus have
Sassuolo A
Inter H
Bologna A

I think Milan has the trickiest fixtures here up against 2 fighting against relegation and then the final round game away to Atalanta that may decide both teams CL hopes. That Atalanta game final round should help us big time as long as we pick up at least 4 points from the next 2.

Winning out from here will guarantee us at least 3rd though due to 1 if not both Atalanta/Milan will drop points.

Destiny in our own hands here though, win out ragazzi

Adam_23

All Australian
Apr 14, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams

View attachment 1123474

Atalanta have
Benevento H
Genoa A
Milan H

Milan have
Torino A
Cagliari H
Atalanta A

Napoli have
Udinese H
Fiorentina A
Verona H

Juventus have
Sassuolo A
Inter H
Bologna A

I think Milan has the trickiest fixtures here up against 2 fighting against relegation and then the final round game away to Atalanta that may decide both teams CL hopes. That Atalanta game final round should help us big time as long as we pick up at least 4 points from the next 2.

Winning out from here will guarantee us at least 3rd though due to 1 if not both Atalanta/Milan will drop points.

Yep i'd say 7 pts from 9 does it, should win all 3 though... particularly with Osimhen now fit and firing.

Fiorentina away may be tough especially with Dusan Vlahovic running amok, what a talent he is!

But confident we get top 4 from here.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus

View attachment 1123474

Atalanta have
Benevento H
Genoa A
Milan H

Milan have
Torino A
Cagliari H
Atalanta A

Napoli have
Udinese H
Fiorentina A
Verona H

Juventus have
Sassuolo A
Inter H
Bologna A

That does not look good for us

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
That does not look good for us
Inter may be on the beach when you play them

This weekend imo is your hardest game actually, Sassuolo fighting Roma for the last EL spot are only 2 points behind them, Bologna are safe from relegation on 40 points, I think that won't be too hard.

I would say Milan has the trickiest draw, then you guys after that

Back