Serie A and Italian football 2023-24 fred - On beIN Sports

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done to Milan, not the most star studded squad but always played with incredible unity and grit. Had to overcome a lot of injuries during the first half of the season, including Kjaer.

They are terrific defensively. Maignan, Tomori, Hernandez, Tonali and Leao brilliant.

Maldini proving to be a great director too now!

Overall a pretty fun Serie A season, lots of entertainment. Still salty about a few really poor performances/results from Napoli that cost us, but what else is new :huh:

Across the 6 European teams I "support" (Varying levels) It's good to get 2 titles this year with a 3rd qualifying for Champions League Football :) (Shame Putin stopped us winning the league though :( )

Salernitana stay up with a 4-0 loss as Cagliari can't score against an already relegated side.
* me that was absolutely shithouse from Cagliari

Biggest free kick they'll ever get to staying up and failed, deserve to go down based on sheer incompetence

**** me that was absolutely shithouse from Cagliari

Biggest free kick they'll ever get to staying up and failed, deserve to go down based on sheer incompetence
How long can they pull this Burnley ball stuff for, at least Genoa got relegated with some dignity.

Had to laugh how Rog, Marin, Pereiro all started on the bench for Cagliari given their the sides only creative midfielders.

Didn't think Milan would do it but they did, gotta eat humble pie there

Happy for Pioli, he's been an absolute journeyman of a manager, but this season will likely be the pinnacle for him (reminds me a bit of Ranieri at Leicester) and reward for his years on the sidelines

Reckon Zlatan 100% helped a bit too, even though he wasn't as prolific as he was last year and had some niggles along the way, can't deny the big man seems to win something anywhere he goes, must demand high standards of his team mates and instill a will to win

Giroud has been an astute signing too for the season, never been a massively prolific striker, but a very effective target man as a starter or off the bench, always plays his role well

Inter beat Roma 2-1 in extra time in the u19 Primavera final this morning

Watched the 2nd half on YouTube, pretty good game, everyone having a crack, would expect to see many of these kids coming through the Italian pyramid over the next 5 years going by the intensity/skill level, the game looks in good shape

Fiorentina has a new logo for the upcoming season.

new-fiorentina-logo-2022-23-3.jpg

As a long time Fiorentina fan who loved the former logo that had been in use (in it's various guises) since 1974 I don't like this one at all. It is a terrible redesign that is supposed to "rebrand" the club and give it more International appeal.

1657074900002.png

Apparently the 2022/23 kits will also reflect this new design.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing start at Napoli by Kvara - looks an absolute baller.

Albiet only against Verona and Monza, but 9 goals in our first 2 games with Simeone and Raspadori to still be integrated in our attack.

Amazing start at Napoli by Kvara - looks an absolute baller.

Albiet only against Verona and Monza, but 9 goals in our first 2 games with Simeone and Raspadori to still be integrated in our attack.
Had an amazing transfer market. Credit to Dr Laurentis for the bold moves.

Disappointed with the 0-0 draw in the Tuscan derby this morning, dominated possession and shots on goal, but couldn't convert. Even when Empoli went a player down we couldn't take advantage. Definitely two points lost.

Next up, Napoli at home. Should be a breeze.:tonguewink:

Will take a point over Milan, looks like we've got our defensive tenacity back and won't be getting burnt as much on the counter this season.
A send off goal for Malinovski?

Long gone are the days when we used to just simply try to score more goals than our opponents, now we need to try and concede fewer than them! #WorkSmarterNotHarder

I reckon we are a shout for at least Europa league this season after missing out on both CL & EL last season. Freuler will be a big loss to cover short term - why he left here for Forest is beyond me, unless it's purely $ as I don't really see any big drawcards there for a Swiss international, moving from right on the border

Long gone are the days when we used to just simply try to score more goals than our opponents, now we need to try and concede fewer than them! #WorkSmarterNotHarder

I reckon we are a shout for at least Europa league this season after missing out on both CL & EL last season. Freuler will be a big loss to cover short term - why he left here for Forest is beyond me, unless it's purely $ as I don't really see any big drawcards there for a Swiss international, moving from right on the border
Well you've got to work with what you've got, and without Illicic and Gomez we're not going to be as dynamic as we were. Having said that we still throw all our players forward.

I saw the salarys list and Freuler was at the bottom of the sheet so I see why he wanted the money at this stage of his career, I think the club were in the same boat and given his age its not too bad. At least Koopmeiners is there and he looks good, and Ederson can do a role there too when he gets back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back