Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Well, I'm not gunna bother bumping the old fred, so may as well make a new one

Serie A 2021-22

We see 3 teams in Benevento, Parma and Crotone depart the top flight and they are replaced by yoyo side Empoli and 2 others who have been out of the top flight for around 20 years each in Salernitana and the ragazzi from my Nonnas old stomping ground, Venezia.

Screenshot_20210617-181619_Chrome.jpg

So the news I was going to say, as per from Tancredi/Di Marzio etc, Gattuso and Fiorentina will part ways after only 20 days in charge due to La Violas board not accepting Gattusos (Jorge Mendes) transfer policies.

Interesting scenario here if other clubs will give Mendes the middle finger too.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Most open season for 12 years. Hopefully Atalanta, Napoli or Lazio win it.
Agree, but doubt it

Can only hope Atalanta finally learn how to win as they have the most stable squad, even with their stars like Gomez leaving and Ilicic rumoured to leave also, I'll back in their scouts to find solid replacements.

Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Atalanta B.C
Agree, but doubt it

Can only hope Atalanta finally learn how to win as they have the most stable squad, even with their stars like Gomez leaving and Ilicic rumoured to leave also, I'll back in their scouts to find solid replacements.
More solid than before. Yeah interesting how they go, seem to be looking at younger central midfielders where they need depth (Shouten, Svanberg), and are slowly integrating Miranchuk and Kovalenko into the 10 as they did Malinovski.

Milan will be interesting with a young side and losing Calhanoglou and Donnarumma as free agents, yet to replace Hakan.

Inter, how will they go without Hakimi? Hakan for Eriksen is a pretty good deal in terms of replacements, as is Simone Inzaghi for Conte.

Bit of manager merry go round for the other top 7 clubs so should be very interesting.

Adam_23

All Australian
Apr 14, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd, Napoli, Cavs
Plenty of red cards and drama, yep Serie A is back :tearsofjoy:

I think this will be a really even and entertaining season, I expect Spalletti (Napoli), Sarri (Lazio), Mourinho (Roma) and Allegri (Juve) to have a positive impact, and I still think Inter will be strong despite their departures... and no reason why Atalanta can't legitimately challenge for the title.

Looking forward to also seeing the many talented young strikers continue to emerge such as Vlahovic, Osimhen, Abraham, Raspadori, Scamacca, Lautaro Martinez etc.

As for Napoli, solid start albeit an expected win against Venezia. But good persistence after the Osimhen red card, Zielinski injury and Insigne missing his first penalty. Like our first 14-15 players, we're lacking depth though with little transfer activity to date.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Empoli have beaten Juventus 1-0.

At full time Juventus players are arguing with the referee because they didn’t get a corner that should have been a corner and another corner that might have been a corner lol. They were s**t all match and that’s why they lost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Empoli have beaten Juventus 1-0.

At full time Juventus players are arguing with the referee because they didn’t get a corner that should have been a corner and another corner that might have been a corner lol. They were sh*t all match and that’s why they lost.
Lel

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
We’re melted

Positive start to the season for Fiorentina, two wins from our first three. Wins against Atalanta and Torino and a 3-1 loss to Roma in week one, I'll take that after the shockers of the last few seasons.

Adam_23

All Australian
Apr 14, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd, Napoli, Cavs
Roma vs Sassuolo was a crazy, end to end game, so good to watch. Mourinho has them purring so far, especially Lorenzo Pellegrini! Guy has gone to another level this season (just needs to convert more of his goal scoring chances).

Been impressed by Milan and Fiorentina too.

Fiorentina 2, Genoa 1. It's La Viola's third 2-1 victory in a row and their third win from their first four games, the best start to a season since 2015, 16. Things weren't looking too crash hot before the season began, but this has been a very good start for the team that resides in the most beautiful city in all of Europe.

Interesting start to the season for Juventus, lose to AC Milan this weekend and they will have one point from the opening four games. Love to see them relegated after dominating for the last decade. :)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back