News Serious assault following last night’s game (2018 final)

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see them sentenced to serving time in custody.

But they'll be farmed out to one those open country gaols where they send corporate types.

They'll still go through the MAP first.

Yeah that was the main thing I recon.

Especially the alcohol bit and other excuses / mitigating circumstances proffered.

People need to know that if you are going to get shitfaced is not an excuse. If you have anger issues, don't get drunk. And most of all, in a group of mates, if you see someone about to get violent, pull them up.

And the footage I saw, this wasn't a pair of iduiots with twenty beers on board throwing haymkers over whether Lord Palmerston or Pitt the Elder was the better PM.

This was a serious, brutal bashing, repeated strikes. They are lucky they aren't doing a lot longer, they would be if they'd inflicted more serious injuries. Or one of the old blokes could have had a heart attack.

Yeah nah.

Violence is not on. I don't want them to enjoy the time one bit, but that's not really gonna solve anything

Over the next 30 years I think we will see jails forced to transition to being pretty safe places, even if it means limiting the rights given to inmates in other areas.

And the footage I saw, this wasn't a pair of iduiots with twenty beers on board throwing haymkers over whether Lord Palmerston or Pitt the Elder was the better PM.

This was a serious, brutal bashing, repeated strikes. They are lucky they aren't doing a lot longer, they would be if they'd inflicted more serious injuries. Or one of the old blokes could have had a heart attack.
They can count themselves lucky that our legal system is unfair and compromised and that they come from a section of society that benefits from that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone remind me why the prosecution did the deal? They gave up on persuing the more severe charges, in return for the perps not contesting the lesser charge and hence avoiding a trial.

But * me, having that video evidence was like being dealt the joker and both bowers, only to pick up the ace and King in the kitty. You'd really have to * it up royally to not secure a guilty verdict.

Can anyone remind me why the prosecution did the deal? They gave up on persuing the more severe charges, in return for the perps not contesting the lesser charge and hence avoiding a trial.

But fu** me, having that video evidence was like being dealt the joker and both bowers, only to pick up the ace and King in the kitty. You'd really have to fu** it up royally to not secure a guilty verdict.
Because they didn't want to fight an army of high-priced lawyers, no doubt. Better to settle for a guarantee of jail time than risk a QC finding some way to get them out of it.

It is amazing that the video exists. You can bet your arse that without that, there would have been zero consequences.

Good. The stigma of actually going to jail is as important as the time served. They should have got far more time, and the whole thing stinks of favors being done for the privileged and connected, but the main thing is Daddy QC will always be reminded that his piece of sh*t sons were jailbirds and they know that he knows that too.

bUt wHy wAs sOmEoNe fILmINg iNstEaD oF hELpInG tHeY aRe jUsT aS bAd!!!!111

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nonsense. All very well to point the finger at others, but you don’t know the circumstances of who was doing the filming. Could have been a female, a young kid or an 80 year old pensioner on a Zimmer frame.

Are you seriously suggesting they should have jumped in regardless and tried to break it up? It’s often the good samaritans who end up badly injured or even dead when they intervene. Fair chance of that happening when you’re up against 3 large, young, drunken scumbags.

Nonsense. All very well to point the finger at others, but you don’t know the circumstances of who was doing the filming. Could have been a female, a young kid or an 80 year old pensioner on a Zimmer frame.

Are you seriously suggesting they should have jumped in regardless and tried to break it up? It’s often the good samaritans who end up badly injured or even dead when they intervene. Fair chance of that happening when you’re up against 3 large, young, drunken scumbags.

He was being sarcastic. That explains the uppercase to lowercase letters, which is used to mock those who hold the viewpoint of what is being typed out.

I agree with what you are saying though.

One of them is out already! He served 2.5 hours before being granted bail ahead of an appeal.

Another one is trying to lodge appeal as fast as possible as well.

How does that work? They plead guilty, what is there to appeal?

Without trying to get in the way of a good private school pile on, a man was convicted today fracturing a trainee paramedics eye socket in 2 places after following her for 10km in a road rage attack and received 300 hours of community service. Nothing private school about him. Not saying the wealthy don’t get a good ride in the courts, but their sentences aren’t overly soft given what others are receiving.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back