News Serious assault following last night’s game (2018 final)

Remove this Banner Ad

ford71

All Australian
Apr 26, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The HV Vikings / Glenelg FC
Lots of outrage here and all fair.....have a think how the 2 victims and their families are feeling watching this play out.

******* grubs need jail time.

So pitiful to see the lawyer try help his client by pointing out he's been a habitual liar all his life, so we can't believe what he is saying (unless it works in his favour)......the number of hours/days/months wasted in court with all these clever people manipulating rubbish, calling pointless "experts", looking for a way out of their clients mess, its pathetic and they really need to be called out for their BS.
The footage is there to support every charge laid, yet a year later we are now watching them worm there way out of something different. You'd be hard pressed to find better evidence to a crime. Feeling for the 2 fellas that got set upon.

Mar 19, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Once upon a time I regarded Lawyers as trustworthy , highly respected people in the community.
In the last decade I have lost all respect as they continue to come up with fancy ways of getting low lives of society who commit
serious crimes get away with a rap on the knuckles.
Sadly money rules the world in all ways.

mickctiger

Club Legend
Feb 29, 2004
some where near punt road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
100 Aboriginal women in WA currently in gaol for unpaid fines. Some have died in custody.
Yep, that's because those indigenous women were unfortunate to be born into the bottom strata of society and are the wrong skin colour, these thugs, on the other hand, went to Xavier, so you can't expect those precious "lads" to have to mix with the riff raff, like the rest of us would be compelled to.

adhoc

Cancelled
Jun 11, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Anyone know if the MCC acted on their memberships?
Hard to know what reckless conduct is, if this is not

Ive wondered exactly the same thing. The bloke down at Geelong who got pissed, hit a female copper, got 2 year ban, no vision, seems very very quiet at AFL headquarters with Gil looking after his alma mater!!!

Sam Walker, Dominic Walker and Fitt should all have life bans

JoeHawk

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2008
Templestowe
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yes it is but looks like a maximum of five years. One thing I hate is the character references saying what great people they are - sorry, the actions of all three is all that is needed. How many times have they been involved in fights that haven't been caught on camera? For every positive character reference, I bet a negative one can be found.

I also hate the quote from the lawyer defending Pitt noting he got "quite drunk at the football, as many people do" . Yeah, I've gotten drunk at the football but I've never felt the need to punch on with anyone let alone attack people on the ground who are quite clearly defenceless.

And I see nothing that remotely suggests they are truly remorseful for their actions. Give them the maximum sentence, ban them for life from all AFL events and memberships - the game is better off without people like this.
Just the footage alone should be enough to convict them. Can’t imagine what the victims must be thinking.

JoeHawk

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2008
Templestowe
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ive wondered exactly the same thing. The bloke down at Geelong who got pi**ed, hit a female copper, got 2 year ban, no vision, seems very very quiet at AFL headquarters with Gil looking after his alma mater!!!
Since this is Sam Walker, Dominic Walker and Fitt should all have life bans

What about the guy that recently splashed beer on those players wrestling against the fence. 3 year ban. Since it wasn’t on AFL property they’ve washed their hands from it.

Pbft

Reluctant Warlord
Sep 19, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Jacksonville Jaguars
This is why people increasing take the law into their own hands. Guaranteed, if that was my old man getting stomped on by these thugs, they would'nt be strutting down Russell St 12 months later like the kings of their domain.

adhoc

Cancelled
Jun 11, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
What about the guy that recently splashed beer on those players wrestling against the fence. 3 year ban. Since it wasn’t on AFL property they’ve washed their hands from it.

i called 3aw today and producer advised me it was a very valid point/question and that 3aw were unable to go to air about memberships etc as case is still before the courts. so these thugs most likely have been going to afl games this year.
i will calling back after their case has been closed, then hopefully measly sentence will be appealed.

It's just a shame that the guys they beat up aren't equally or even more well connected

There was another incident in the last 12 months where some really bad thugs (not good ones like these guys) were unlucky to assault an off duty assistant police commissioner - https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06...d-as-victim-of-train-station-bashing/11215614

would have been much better all round if these nice guys had assaulted the police commissioner - then we might have seen the justice system in action

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn

bigfarter

Club Legend
Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
This is why people increasing take the law into their own hands. Guaranteed, if that was my old man getting stomped on by these thugs, they would'nt be strutting down Russell St 12 months later like the kings of their domain.

Yep. I'm a non-violent person but even I stated a similar sentiment earlier in the thread. If that had been me taking the beating in the video I'm legit scared of what my father would have already done to these grubs. Never thought they'd spend a day inside but still disgusted to watch it all play out. Hope these pricks run into people worse than them some night and receive some of their own handiwork back. These Walker brothers have joined the Wild family as free men in dire need of physical realignment.

Apologies for the ra-ra violent vigilante tone of this post but such a blatant miscarriage of justice in order to lick the arse of the elite grinds my gears like few other things could.

Apr 12, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong

Got off lightly imo

Need to see the details of the community order. At the lighter end of what they could have got (must admit I do not know how badly and permanently but the victim ended up).

No gaol / suspended sentence would have been an outrage. Any more than two years perhaps too much given they are young and can probably be rehabilitated.

Need to see the details of the community order. At the lighter end of what they could have got (must admit I do not know how badly and permanently but the victim ended up).

No gaol / suspended sentence would have been an outrage. Any more than two years perhaps too much given they are young and can probably be rehabilitated.

One where the deterrent factor in sentencing comes into play - message needs to be sent that you can't just go round bashing people on the street like this.

Apr 12, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
One where the deterrent factor in sentencing comes into play - message needs to be sent that you can't just go round bashing people on the street like this.

Yeah that was the main thing I recon.

Especially the alcohol bit and other excuses / mitigating circumstances proffered.

People need to know that if you are going to get shitfaced is not an excuse. If you have anger issues, don't get drunk. And most of all, in a group of mates, if you see someone about to get violent, pull them up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back