News Serious assault following last night’s game (2018 final)

Remove this Banner Ad

Scum. So is the person just standing there filming it.

The person standing there isn’t scum but certainly should have stepped in if it was a bloke rather than film. You’d assume they would think they’re doing the right thing and helping the cops.

Hope they catch these pricks. Apparently the victims were older fellas as well.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree with your first sentence but the "Yellow and Black" in capitals isn't required. These mongrels don't reflect the Richmond Football Club. Pull your head in.

Yep, nothing to do with Richmond. 100,000 supporters and a couple of them act like morons. Hardly "Yellow & Black".

Calm down, it was a flippant remark and I've already said I wouldn't kill someone who started a fight.

OK. The problem I see is that some people think getting into a fight is a fairly harmless activity and it's only when extreme violence happens that it becomes unacceptable ("I've been in drunken scuffles but..." / ""I've been in fights, but I've never hit someone on the ground..."). For me it's all pretty much the same thing.

Thankfully I don't get involved in this kind of s**t, and don't hang out with people who do.

Yeah I find that funny as well. I like when people talk like there is some sort of "mate he got you fair and square you just take that and move on".
Of all of the drunken scuffles I have seen rarely has it come to a reasonable conclusion ok they don't end up like that in the footage often but I don't think I have seen a scuffle where one party thinks "good Ive got him that will be the end of it" or the other party thinking "wow that was a good hit...well played sir I sit defeated".
And people think the mixture of feeling attacked having to defend yourselves + too much alcohol lends itself to reasonable conclusions.

Usually at the minimum there are more words after someone has sat someone on their arse provoking a response from the person on the ground. So they respond then that justifies another hit as they lashed out again. Nope can't think of a time when people have just gone their seperate ways without crowd/security interaction.

I made the original comment about having got into scuffles years ago.

It wasn’t normal, it wasn’t acceptable, and I wasn’t the aggressor. It only happened a handful of times. I wish it didn’t because it just ruins a night out.

I’m just saying I’ve seen how these things can happen. What I can’t see is how when it does happen, if one party ends up on the ground, cowering, covering their head, and clearly not even getting up let alone retaliating... how somebody just continues to shower them with punches and kicks. Not once, but multiple times like in that footage. I’ve no idea how somebody can do that. It’s not like he didn’t have control of himself or time to see what was happening.
Fair enough then, I misunderstood.

I've certainly come across people who consider "scuffles" as a means to justify their own shitty behaviour, "boys being boys" or whatever. I personally can't understand it, a few people have made the comment that "this is what destroys lives" but more often than not it seems it's just a single punch that ends lives.

I don't understand it at all.

if by chance the *ers that did that are reading this thread. hand your self into police now. only a matter of time until you are identified given the footage. what a bunch of soft gutless cowardly pieces of s**t. gonna look even more pathetic if you dont hand your selves in.

agree.

What if it's a mum, or kids hiding in a car?
Honestly can't believe the criticism of whoever filmed this, it's the smartest thing to do as not only does it help identify these scumbags, but it's rock solid evidence of what they did.

Plus even if the justice system fails on this occasion, the video will follow them forever.
Tell that to the bloke getting his head caved who is likely to have ongoing physical and mental repercussions from the viciousness of the attack for the rest of his life.

It's a bit like the AFL tribunal system. What does the bloke who got his head caved in care if the perpetrator gets years in jail if he is dead?

Anyone who films over stepping in is not someone who should receive plaudits. (*I'm aware of the extenuating circumstances if it is someone seriously curtailed by a physical disability, an elderly woman or a child - but c'mon you don't usually find them out trawling the street after midnight)

Six month good behaviour bond and a written apology should do it. At least they didn't do anything heinous like cheat the tax system.

Yep, a lot of folks just use sport as an excuse to tee off on someone. If it wasn't the sport/their club it'd be something else. We're probably lucky it doesn't happen that often unlike with Soccer in Europe.

Have you been following the news this season? This is hardly an isolated incident.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tell that to the bloke getting his head caved who is likely to have ongoing physical and mental repercussions from the viciousness of the attack for the rest of his life.

It's a bit like the AFL tribunal system. What does the bloke who got his head caved in care if the perpetrator gets years in jail if he is dead?

Anyone who films over stepping in is not someone who should receive plaudits. (*I'm aware of the extenuating circumstances if it is someone seriously curtailed by a physical disability, an elderly woman or a child - but c'mon you don't usually find them out trawling the street after midnight)
No but it could have been a young woman who was frightened by the violence. I wouldnt blame her for not stepping in. From the footage, the fight had already started - for all you know the person filming already has gone and got someones attention to run over and help?

I dont think anyone should be judged negatively for not stepping in when you don't know the full circumstances.

But what we do know is that instead of a handful of police looking for the offenders based off eyewitness descriptions, we have footage that is on every major news outlet and all over social media.

I suppose you'll be glad someone filmed it when they are caught and the footage was the reason for them being caught?

Absolutely disgusting behaviour.

When they find the people I hope they get thrown in jail, unfortunately they probably won’t.

Victorian judicial system at it’s best. :rolleyes: o_O

This is why alcohol advertising needs to be banned, plain labels with warnings, etc. the social issues it causes are massive. I have no proof alcohol was involved but it happens everyday.

Yet so many morons focus on the evils of smoking and plastic bags. Don't think this sort of violence happens with these issues.

I hope the bloke in the tigers beanie has his livelyhood and his life destroyed the same way the coward from Frankston a month or so ago had his.
There’s something sick about somebody who can lay into someone like that whilst they’re laying on the ground unable to defend themselves, no matter what has gone on. I hope the weak bitch gets his life utterly anihilated

Yeah but the guy from Frankston was a bogan tradie. This guy looks like a white collar professional.

Will be interesting to see if the social media campaign is the same.

They need jail for a long long time and should never ever be able to attend any afl game anywhere ever again.

Just as an aside, I was in Wellington Pde post game. The crowd waiting for the tram was absolutely huge and yet no trams. In fact the first tram to come past was 'not taking passengers'. I ended up walking to Hawthorn.

Absolutely extraordinary. 91,000 people all wanting to leave and no extra public transport.

Little wonder shite like this happens with 1000s of frustrated people wanting to leave but can't.-

I think pummelling a bloke whole he's on the ground is a bit more than getting a little aggeo over congestion...

Anyway yeah, its pretty appalling. Other than on wearing a beanie and maybe coming back from the game i don't know how this is footy related. All sorts go to the footy, good, bad and in between. Doesn't reflect on the behaviour of the vast majority of footy fans. We don't have that nonsense that can happen around soccer matches.

Why the **** do people film s**t like this instead of helping? You going to let the ******* guy die so you have something to post on your social media? FFS. Almost as disgusting..... the knuckle dragger filming it. ******* pathetic
Stupid post, grow a brain or are you to stupid to think of the many possibilities as to why the person filming didn't go over to the fight?
Do you think the film will be a huge help in finding the persons and convicting them?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back