Rumour Serious Tension between Bell and Longmuir

Remove this Banner Ad

You sure Garlick is going? Club released a statement recenmtly saying the complete opposite.

No, the fact there's been no announcement at AFL House. Just putting 2 and 2 together.
You sure Garlick is going? Club released a statement recenmtly saying the complete opposite.
Just get the feeling its more about the timing of the announcement than whether he is or not.

Im probably wrong.:cool:
:D

I find the constant demonising of Peter Bell, who seems like quite an intelligent guy with good intentions, to be quite bizarre tbh.

people who wouldn’t know their arse from their elbow with regard to what he does or doesn’t do, slagging him off is just sad tbh.

criticise outcomes all you like, but geez, slagging the guy off in such a personal fashion is a bit gross.

Agreed. To be clear, this was not intended to be or become an anti Bell echo chamber. The guy I spoke to seemed to like both Bell and JL and had good things to say about both. The point of the thread was more about alignment of leadership culture, values, and messaging.

I heard this started late last year, just before the Collingwood loss in that semi final.

Bell offered to grab JLo some Macca's from Cockburn Central, no biggie.....when Bell swings past Jlo's office with goods, apparently Bell had eaten most of Jlo’s fries.

Bell reckons the serving was small but jlo didn’t buy it.

Everything went downhill from there.

I heard this started late last year, just before the Collingwood loss in that semi final.

Bell offered to grab JLo some Macca's from Cockburn Central, no biggie.....when Bell swings past Jlo's office with goods, apparently Bell had eaten most of Jlo’s fries.

I heard there was also a McFlurry involved.
But you are right. Never touch a man's chips.

This story makes me happy because I was sure that JL didn't have an ounce of campaigner in him and I think you need some as a coach.

Ross telling Suma he doesn’t want him in the coaches box on game day…
“Suma, I don’t want you in the coaches box on game day.”

JL telling Belly he doesn’t want him to hold the whiteboard up at quarter time.
“Um, Peter, I was um, wondering if, you know, er, if you don’t mind, if it’s not too much trouble, I mean it’s not like you are bad at it or anything like tha…”
Belly.
“I’m holding the whiteboard board up.“

It was more of an inconsistency. After Fyfe was pulled from the game an hour before bounce down, JL said he’d be out for 2 weeks in the post match presser. It was the north game.
By Monday he’d changed his tune completely and told Ryan Daniels he could be back before the next weekend.
Said something to Daniels like “he was never really out to be honest of next weekend, I’m not sure where that came from” or words to that effect.

As it turns out he was out, and still is out.
But it smacked of bell telling JL between sat and Monday to change his story for the tv interview.
It was just really weird and I remember noticing it at the time.

Plantar fasciitis is a hard injury to predict. It can flare and go away in a day or two, or last for months.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bell honestly wants the best for the club and have success.
However his role allows him to be overpowering in too many areas.
He really shouldn’t be involved in match day build up and the game itself.
Love the passion of the guy. But it’s clear it’s having an effect on list management and coaches.

I thought when Bell moved into the operations role it was a temp thing to assist following the footy review and Lyons departure. His micromanagement was an asset then, but now it’s carried over into game day. He should t be anywhere near the coaches for reasons others have given.

I thought when Bell moved into the operations role it was a temp thing to assist following the footy review and Lyons departure. His micromanagement was an asset then, but now it’s carried over into game day. He should t be anywhere near the coaches for reasons others have given.

I've just gone back and read every post in this thread and no one has explained why he shouldn't be involved in match day and training. So, why is it a bad thing?

If he is over -riding the coach especially in front of the players, that is an issue. Don't know if that is the case.

No, and I strongly suggest neither does anyone posting on here but we'll see what responses I get.
From what I've seen, he's just lending a hand, being a team player, and has a high work ethic. Our football dept isn't the smallest, but its far from the biggest so the more support and help the better I would've thought. The same goes for Murphy who has been very active helping out at all the training sessions that I've been to.

No, and I strongly suggest neither does anyone posting on here but we'll see what responses I get.
From what I've seen, he's just lending a hand, being a team player, and has a high work ethic. Our football dept isn't the smallest, but its far from the biggest so the more support and help the better I would've thought. The same goes for Murphy who has been very active helping out at all the training sessions that I've been to.
Yep everything is peachy down at Cockburn. Results speak for themselves eyy.

Nice in depth, intelligent response.

Can you answer the question or provide evidence that Bell is interfering and undermining or not?
I know where you're coming from man.

Maybe Bell isn't overruling J Lo or maybe he is.

None of us on here could possibly know for sure so it's all speculation and hearsay.

I think people just need a villain to explain the decline this year. It could be Bell, it could be J Lo or it could be any number of the players. Who the hell really knows what's going on there?

I know where you're coming from man.

Maybe Bell isn't overruling J Lo or maybe he is.

None of us on here could possibly know for sure so it's all speculation and hearsay.

I think people just need a villain to explain the decline this year. It could be Bell, it could be J Lo or it could be any number of the players. Who the hell really knows what's going on there?

Well said. A lot of bullshirt being spun in the thread.

Well you don’t lose 4 AFL players, an assistant coach. Orchestrate a new
Captain that’s failing already. O’Meara been here for 5 minutes and into leadership
group.
Something stinks.
Why exactly is this a concern? Neale was straight into Brisbane's leadership group in his first year. Dunkley and Gunston straight in this year. Brad Hill went straight into Saint's in his first year. It happens all the time. The reason these guys get added before they've even played a game is because they're LEADERS and clearly have an impact on the group, as good leaders should.

Why exactly is this a concern? Neale was straight into Brisbane's leadership group in his first year. Dunkley and Gunston straight in this year. Brad Hill went straight into Saint's in his first year. It happens all the time. The reason these guys get added before they've even played a game is because they're LEADERS and clearly have an impact on the group, as good leaders should.
And because the rest of our team are babies so any old head that can communicate well and has experience would be highly valued within the group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back