Rumour Serious Tension between Bell and Longmuir

Remove this Banner Ad

Why exactly is this a concern? Neale was straight into Brisbane's leadership group in his first year. Dunkley and Gunston straight in this year. Brad Hill went straight into Saint's in his first year. It happens all the time. The reason these guys get added before they've even played a game is because they're LEADERS and clearly have an impact on the group, as good leaders should.
Well the leaders are definitely having an impact.

Why do posters keep reporting Garlic is leaving. Didn’t he just commit long term verbally in an interview about a week ago and the AFL boss said that they spoke with him about the CEO role and he is entrenched in his role at Freo.

As for the other 2 - not sure if something is going on. But Belly has his fingers in too many pies. Does the injury reports. Takes a lead role in the Walls list management and also seems to be ever present around JL.

Why do posters keep reporting Garlic is leaving. Didn’t he just commit long term verbally in an interview about a week ago and the AFL boss said that they spoke with him about the CEO role and he is entrenched in his role at Freo.

As for the other 2 - not sure if something is going on. But Belly has his fingers in too many pies. Does the injury reports. Takes a lead role in the Walls list management and also seems to be ever present around JL.
I'd be equally concerned if he had minimal input on proceedings, being head of football and all.

I mean, if there is tension, generally only one way to sort that out is to get it over with...
Your last two comments related?

Barry White Flirting GIF

I'm pretty good mates* with a current player. What he told me was absolutely damaging. Apparently Bell thinks pineapple belongs on pizza and JLo is vehemently against such a thing. Both have created pro/anti pineapple on pizza camps and it's really causing a fraction within the playing group.
*I once had a drink bought for me in Europe in 2014 by an ex-player and we spoke literally 0% about AFL.

I'm pretty good mates* with a current player. What he told me was absolutely damaging. Apparently Bell thinks pineapple belongs on pizza and JLo is vehemently against such a thing. Both have created pro/anti pineapple on pizza camps and it's really causing a fraction within the playing group.
*I once had a drink bought for me in Europe in 2014 by an ex-player and we spoke literally 0% about AFL.
Im with Belly on this one*

* having said that I like Anchioves and Belly isn’t a fan

Bob Murphy hasn't barely been allowed out of his office, he dared to listen to a couple of the players questions and concerns over coffees and was rapidly told to get back in his box and leave player relations to that mastermind Bell.

Bob is a great listener and connects really well with all different ranges of players - even those that don't like him personally get that he is worth a chat and has real supportive messages. I fear we will lose all of Garlick, Murphy and Corey before the year is out.
Would Corey be a loss? ,Mids gone backwoods since he took over from Josh Carr
Could Bob be switched to assistant coach working with the Mids, he was a very clever player and has a lot of nous

Pardon the intrusion, but someone from our board claims that Bob Murphy hasn't helped the situation by meddling in things & going beyond his remit - any word on this?
It cant be Murphy's fault, isn't his role Head of Culture or something, poor bloke is still trying to figure out what the job is?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, the fact there's been no announcement at AFL House. Just putting 2 and 2 together.

Just get the feeling its more about the timing of the announcement than whether he is or not.

Im probably wrong.:cool:
:D
The issue is Gil doesn't think there is anyone as good as him.

Bob can be a hardarse when he wants to, and someone on our board claims he's pissed a few people off by sticking his nose into others business. Sketchy on the details I'm afraid.

Hopefully the penny has dropped!

Going by his interview with 7, I’m doubtful.

Our contest work is rubbish, but the fact is he won’t admit that the slow ball movement isn’t working.
Hard to know what's working/isn't working when we're so poor in the contest tbf. Collingwood's fast ball movement works because they win EVERY 50/50 contest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back