Seriously -Has the time come for Sydney to drop Buddy Franklin?

Remove this Banner Ad

Let me start off by separating myself from the JHF booing, I understand why fans from clubs other than North are booing him, being a first draft pick and leaving after his first year not fulfilling his contract, but I don't agree with it. Fans and media are quick to forget Nathan Buckley got booed throughout his career after leaving Brisbane for the same reason.

This Buddy booing however, in my eyes as a fan, has nothing to do with "ignorance", "bigotry" or just because he is a good player like the coaches and media are portraying.

We fans do not forget and when a player is a dog, we let them know.

This is why Buddy get's booed, he is a dog player and has been throughout his career, causing countless concussions to unsuspecting players and just because he is 'Buddy', he has gotten away with soooo many of them either completely or very lightly, his history alone shows how much of a joke the AFL tribunal has been and still is.

So this thread is me hitting back and the calls of us fans being ignorant. The shoe is on the other foot, the entire footy media and coaches are ignorant as to why I would boo a player such as Buddy, Barry Hall, Dangerfield etc, because they are dog players.

Don't get me wrong, I hated last year when Ginnivan would go in/come out of contests low and was clearly playing for frees rather than actually playing footy looking to dish it out.
I welcomed the booing of him, he deserved it, just as Joel Selwood and Lindsay Thomas deserved every boo they got for the same reason.

Most of us fans just want to watch a fair game, with fair players and fair umpires. When there are dog players, or the game was umpired atrociously, they get booed, full stop, that's the reason.

If a player acts like a dog, they deserve to get booed.

Here is a small snippet of Buddy's recent history, out of all of these actions, I'm not 100% on this but I believe he has only received a 1 match ban.......

View attachment 1681724
Throws more elbows than Jon Jones.

He takes every teams first or second best defender each week
He may not have the agility like he used to but i doubt teams will take him lightly.

He has also accomplished enough in this game to go out when he wants to but maybe that package from Brisbane should have been considered more if true. I'm hoping he plays in Adelaide one more time because growing up for me he was a megastar and there hasn't been a forward like him since his debut and i doubt ever again

Not even the umps could get big bud into todays game despite their best efforts to lift the entire Sydney team

That play on and subsequent htb against him at the top of the square typified his day

Went one too long. Was very good last year so can’t blame him, but the end can come fast.

If they hit the point where finals is gone they should wrap it up with a farewell game to make sure he goes out in style and not in front of 400 people and a few chickens in the middle of nowhere.

Not even the umps could get big bud into todays game despite their best efforts to lift the entire Sydney team

That play on and subsequent htb against him at the top of the square typified his day
I think the run down tackle on Pearce that wasn't called HTB when he stone cold dropped it, that immediately went up the other end for a goal is a better example

I think the run down tackle on Pearce that wasn't called HTB when he stone cold dropped it, that immediately went up the other end for a goal is a better example
Yea that was good but the McDonald one were he was caught htb on your 50m arc and dropped it “stone cold “ only for the ump to call play on and the direct spillage ending up in guldens arms that resulted in a goal was the best example

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back