Seriously -Has the time come for Sydney to drop Buddy Franklin?

Remove this Banner Ad

He's still good enough to be out there it's just they kick to him everytime even if he's double teamed and there is another open Swan in forward 50. Happened a bunch of times in today's game. They need to have some come to jesus team meeting where they all dmit their problem and commit to not being so buddy focussed. If he was just playing like regular player he's in the best 22
We always looked a better team when kennedy had been out injured for a few weeks then came back.

We had to kick it to someone else and it would always be a week or two before we went back to kick it to kennedy brainlessness that would end up with every forward leading with him into an uberpack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let me start off by separating myself from the JHF booing, I understand why fans from clubs other than North are booing him, being a first draft pick and leaving after his first year not fulfilling his contract, but I don't agree with it. Fans and media are quick to forget Nathan Buckley got booed throughout his career after leaving Brisbane for the same reason.

This Buddy booing however, in my eyes as a fan, has nothing to do with "ignorance", "bigotry" or just because he is a good player like the coaches and media are portraying.

We fans do not forget and when a player is a dog, we let them know.

This is why Buddy get's booed, he is a dog player and has been throughout his career, causing countless concussions to unsuspecting players and just because he is 'Buddy', he has gotten away with soooo many of them either completely or very lightly, his history alone shows how much of a joke the AFL tribunal has been and still is.

So this thread is me hitting back and the calls of us fans being ignorant. The shoe is on the other foot, the entire footy media and coaches are ignorant as to why I would boo a player such as Buddy, Barry Hall, Dangerfield etc, because they are dog players.

Don't get me wrong, I hated last year when Ginnivan would go in/come out of contests low and was clearly playing for frees rather than actually playing footy looking to dish it out.
I welcomed the booing of him, he deserved it, just as Joel Selwood and Lindsay Thomas deserved every boo they got for the same reason.

Most of us fans just want to watch a fair game, with fair players and fair umpires. When there are dog players, or the game was umpired atrociously, they get booed, full stop, that's the reason.

If a player acts like a dog, they deserve to get booed.

Here is a small snippet of Buddy's recent history, out of all of these actions, I'm not 100% on this but I believe he has only received a 1 match ban.......

View attachment Bud.mp4

So do you keep a list of all players suspended? Does a memo go out reminded people who was suspended for 'dog' acts?

Don't forget to boo Tom Green mercilessly for his suspension a couple of weeks ago.

"shame on anyone who booed a champion"
View attachment 1681745

No body cares about 'an also ran'.
It goes with the territory Bucks as you should have learned.

Its the racial aspect that concerns me, the Sydney celebrity press will run it that way & the AFL administration will back them.

Let me start off by separating myself from the JHF booing, I understand why fans from clubs other than North are booing him, being a first draft pick and leaving after his first year not fulfilling his contract, but I don't agree with it. Fans and media are quick to forget Nathan Buckley got booed throughout his career after leaving Brisbane for the same reason.

This Buddy booing however, in my eyes as a fan, has nothing to do with "ignorance", "bigotry" or just because he is a good player like the coaches and media are portraying.

This is why Buddy get's booed, he is a dog player and has been throughout his career, causing countless concussions to unsuspecting players and just because he is 'Buddy', he has gotten away with soooo many of them either completely or very lightly, his history alone shows how much of a joke the AFL tribunal has been and still is.

So this thread is me hitting back and the calls of us fans being ignorant. The shoe is on the other foot, the entire footy media and coaches are ignorant as to why I would boo a player such as Buddy, Barry Hall, Dangerfield etc, because they are dog players.

Don't get me wrong, I hated last year when Ginnivan would go in/come out of contests low and was clearly playing for frees rather than actually playing footy looking to dish it out.
I welcomed the booing of him, he deserved it, just as Joel Selwood and Lindsay Thomas deserved every boo they got for the same reason.

Most of us fans just want to watch a fair game, with fair players and fair umpires. When there are dog players, or the game was umpired atrociously, they get booed, full stop, that's the reason.

Here is a small snippet of Buddy's recent history, out of all of these actions, I'm not 100% on this but I believe he has only received a 1 match ban.......

View attachment 1681724

Dont buy your criticism of Sellwood, never a problem if you beat him to the ball. Therein lies the problem, very few could do that.

View attachment 1681724
If that's the best you've got about Buddy after nearly 20 years of being punched in the head, arms, back, scragged etc.

I don't remember people booing Lockett or Ablett, they barely even booed Barry Hall and nobody had a bad word to say about Luke Hodge.

The inconsistency about why people boo is pretty revealing. Goodes said some things people didn't agree with(?), Buddy who barely says a word about anyone, well, it's because he's a thug, here's 3 minor incidents from 20 years of football.

There's an overlapping Venn diagram of people who booed Goodes and Franklin, and it's not about what they say or how they act on the field.

Maybe some of them are just sheeple who have convinced themselves they've got a good reason after getting carried away at the game.

If that's the best you've got about Buddy after nearly 20 years of being punched in the head, arms, back, scragged etc.

I don't remember people booing Lockett or Ablett, they barely even booed Barry Hall and nobody had a bad word to say about Luke Hodge.

The inconsistency about why people boo is pretty revealing. Goodes said some things people didn't agree with(?), Buddy who barely says a word about anyone, well, it's because he's a thug, here's 3 minor incidents from 20 years of football.

There's an overlapping Venn diagram of people who booed Goodes and Franklin, and it's not about what they say or how they act on the field.

Maybe some of them are just sheeple who have convinced themselves they've got a good reason after getting carried away at the game.
This^
And as for Selwood getting booed, it was Stevie J in our lot who would sometimes dish it out, and I can't remember any week after week booing campaign against him. oppo club supporters boo because they are jealous their team never had a champion like Franklin, and sinking the boot in at the end of their career is a cheap shot they just can't resist. Its fairly pathetic.

5 games for 7 goals this season. Looks slow and can't bend down to collect ground balls. Can Sydney continue to carry him?

Same goal tally as Heeney for 2023

Heeney 0.1 in each of the last 2 weeks games.

Add 1 OOF from around 35M out 2-weeks ago and another from around 40M this week that didn't make the distance full stop.

Thats a much bigger worry for mine

On the one hand, his experience and knowledge of the game is invaluable. He has forgotten more about footy than 100s of his peers will ever know, he could mentor a lot of players, especially forwards, and still have a lot left over.

On the other, he physically doesn't have it anymore , unfortunately. The games that he hasn't been selected the Swans look like a better and more dynamic team. I respect him to bits but last year should have been his last year, be the last player to kick 1000 career goals and leave on a high.

I think Buddy should apply himself as a coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back