Minecraft Server Setup

Remove this Banner Ad

By the way, you can add your Minecraft user ID in your profile: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/profile.php?do=editprofile

Scroll right down - it's the 8th option from the bottom.

Later I'll use this to identify BigFooty members and give them extra permissions or bits n pieces.

Server saying it's up and there is someone online and have updated Minecraft but when I try to join it comes up with. Connection lost, the server responded with an invalid server key? Any ideas?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've sent another support request for them to fix the server and recover files.

It seems they have some automated system that blasts everything if you're late in paying - as I was while overseas. My apologies if this is the case here. I don't have much of a backup I don't think. I have some files from 27/10 but that's it - I assume they are the blank world with the village and tower.

Then again we can always start fresh on ver 1. :(

Sorry guys.

When we set up with i3d.net I had a long conversation with their people about the requirements, the games, the offers they had going, all sorts of issues.

But they have an automated system that blasts the server without backups as soon as you are late paying.

Their payment reminder emails are in Dutch.

Their whole response is: But we sent you an email. We are not responsible if you don't respond to every single generic support ticket response notification we send you.

I've tracked it back:

Invoice sent out the day I flew out to the US.

Due date the day after Christmas.

Server wiped the day after that.

No manual checking or leeway from i3D.

Dutch support people who think a refund will return them to the Hunger Winter.

The perfect storm for a system under strain to fail.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back