Corey Davis

Debutant
Sep 30, 2013
Bunyip, Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bunyip Football Club,
just want to get some help or advice on what i can do to help improve my set shot for goal
im about 173cm 73kg
play forward flank or in the pocket
i seem to kick ordinary in a set shot situation but on the run 9\10 times i kick goals
i seem to always get under the ball and feels like its gonna hit the clouds or it comes off the side and goes through points or none at all :(
my action seems normal,but it isnt long either? could that also be a reason?

Last edited:
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/how-to-improve-goal-kicking.1038822/
There's a few tips in this thread on set shots. I struggle with it quite a bit too, especially with distance from set shots (they're often just scraping over the line). Practicing lots and finding a routine which you're comfortable with and which works is really the best advice I can give, though there are a few basics to cover: build up momentum before you kick; kick through the ball; focus on dropping the ball straight; try not to put too much pressure on yourself/settle a bit before you kick. Those videos with Mayne and Lecras in the other thread are pretty handy for starting out; both are pretty basic and adaptable routines for set shots.

thanks heaps,i tried some of these things at footy training last night,at the start i wasnt too great but got better as i did it alot more

Remove this Banner Ad

Back