Setanta O'hAilpin: Future success now confirmed.

Remove this Banner Ad

LongBomb said:
Young tall forward who has played all of 4 games. :rolleyes:

Lol @ comparing anyone to Lonergan. :D
He's played more games of footy than O'hAilpin has. Would you prefer we compare his game tonight to Nathan Ablett's?

LOL @ Ablett doing nothing on a first gamer.

parrot said:
I’ve seen enough. The Blues IR recruit looks like being a success at AFL level. Huge congratulations should go to Blue recruiting staff for their faith in this guy. A massive talent. His height, pace, leap, marking ability and aggression, caused the Cat’s defenders continual concern – induced numerous Milburn dummy spits – always a joy to see. The young Blues lineup looked very rusty tonight, but the raw talent is certainly there. :)

How are you going to fit him in the 22?

Just a awsome list with so many star I doubt there is room.

MeeSo said:
He's played more games of footy than O'hAilpin has. Would you prefer we compare his game tonight to Nathan Ablett's?

LOL @ Ablett doing nothing on a first gamer.
Ok, If you'd rather sultana than N. Ablett, good for you. :)

JeffDunne said:
Did he play alright or is parrot doing the usual?

I wouldn't be concerned by his kicking - that will improve and could have been nerves - but how was the rest of his game?
For once Parrot is only slightly exagerrating. He presented well and caused a few headaches for the Geelong defence. Probably should of kicked 3 or 4 but overall it was a good game.

AaronM said:
Yeah great recruiting by carlton. their recruiting is so good it gets them 2 wooden spoons in 3 seasons. Well done Carlton. you are the best.

Thats ok.. you just paid our reject $350k...NOW I WOULD CALL THAT SENSATIONAL RECRUITING!!!...

loved how he stood up when the game had to be won last night...:D

Bentleigh said:
How are you going to fit him in the 22?

Just a awsome list with so many star I doubt there is room.

Like i said Setanta >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pattison.

We lost to a team in the top 4 last year and you lost to a team that won a half a game more than us...

:D

I love Richmond supporters.... the last time they were any good... about half of them wernt even alive...

By the time they are any good youll all be dead!!!!:D

Setanta had a real physical presence tonight. For someone who has only been playing the game since the beginning of 2004, he has made remarkable progress. If his kicking can improve, he could well be considered an excellent player. I guess we'll just have to wait it out.

O'Hailpin: 12 disposals, 6 marks, 1 goal 2 behinds, set up another goal for Fisher in the last quarter. A satisfactory return for a player with only 1 senior game under his belt. If he continues to present the way he did tonight, he will be a headache for many of the defenders he encounters.

Joffaboy said:
As for O'hAilpin. Had a dervicable game and looke good in the first half, faded in the second but show glimpses that he could make it into the Carlton starting 22.

Yeah probably, but you would have to be very ******** to not get into Carltons best 22 :p :D

6’7” 100kg with pace, extreme talent and attitude. Now unleashed.

set12wm.jpg

:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheHeatleyStand said:
Thats ok.. you just paid our reject $350k...NOW I WOULD CALL THAT SENSATIONAL RECRUITING!!!...

loved how he stood up when the game had to be won last night...:D

Camporeale ? He is a gun and will be better for the run, least we were closer to winning. How's the wooden spoon going ? mixing your foods with it well yet ?

How is Campo a reject ? Carlton offered him a deal much lower to what he deserves. I know it hurts the blues fans to see him play for Essendon. Just like Murphy and Allan in previous years. :D

Now that I've I watched the game I thought he was pretty good.

Moves well, prepared to put his head over the ball, kicking is not bad (I've seen plenty worse and will improve) and his second efforts are infinately better than most of Carlton's other forwards.

Suspect he'll still spend plenty of time in the VFL as his application puts most of his team-mates to shame - especially the senior players. And we know at Carlton, the senior players get what the senior players want.

AaronM said:
Camporeale ? He is a gun and will be better for the run, least we were closer to winning. How's the wooden spoon going ? mixing your foods with it well yet ?

How is Campo a reject ? Carlton offered him a deal much lower to what he deserves. I know it hurts the blues fans to see him play for Essendon. Just like Murphy and Allan in previous years. :D

Where are Murphy and Allan now?;)

We still have McGrath and Bannister

AaronM said:

You will know all about wooden spoons at the end of this year.

Your guys played the swans in a practise match with most of their players from the under 15 squad and you still only just won.

You guys busted your guts against Brisbane - and lost. Your leadership - with the cheat Lloyd -is sadly lacking.
If Hird goes down injured - Essendon for the spoon in 2006

harmesy 37 said:

You guys played the swans in a practise match with most of their players from the under 15 squad and you still only just won.

You guys busted your guts against Brisbane - and lost. Your leadership - with the cheat Lloyd is sadly lacking.

funniest tgink I have read all year. The spoon is the blues again for the 3rd time in 4 seasons. With Pagan have yo ulot even made the finals yet ? Good coach but passed his time.

Have carlton even won a match this year yet ? So hows the 1993 grand final going ? still livid I see :D

hehe imagine losing to geelong. haha :D

jrussell said:
Where are Murphy and Allan now?;)

We still have McGrath and Bannister

Allan had to retire due to injury. And Murphy is just a sad case, couldn't cut it at Geelong nor Essendon. He is a ,ental case. thank ******** he has gone.

And how old are Bannister and McGrath ? early 20's right ? A tad different to Murphy and Allan who were both in their late 20's or older.

Try some other players closer to 30 if you are going to argue the point ok ? :thumbsdown:

harmesy 37 said:

Your guys played the swans in a practise match with most of their players from the under 15 squad and you still only just won.

You guys busted your guts against Brisbane - and lost. Your leadership - with the cheat Lloyd -is sadly lacking.

haha @ cheat Lloyd. Did you see the Blues game ? Anytime that O'Halpin loser got near the ball all he could think of is how he could fall over differently to get a free kick.

AaronM said:
Allan had to retire due to injury. And Murphy is just a sad case, couldn't cut it at Geelong nor Essendon. He is a ,ental case. thank ******** he has gone.

And how old are Bannister and McGrath ? early 20's right ? A tad different to Murphy and Allan who were both in their late 20's or older.

Try some other players closer to 30 if you are going to argue the point ok ? :thumbsdown:

The point is... we've had more value:rolleyes:

parrot said:
I’ve seen enough. The Blues IR recruit looks like being a success at AFL level. Huge congratulations should go to Blue recruiting staff for their faith in this guy. A massive talent. His height, pace, leap, marking ability and aggression, caused the Cat’s defenders continual concern – induced numerous Milburn dummy spits – always a joy to see. The young Blues lineup looked very rusty tonight, but the raw talent is certainly there. :)

hes good to watch,entetrtaining, will be a gun in a few years

parrot said:

Carlton Football Club: Embracing Mediocrity....Since we got Busted!!!

You can't help but be aroused with excitement when the Santa Man has a wif of the ball.

What about in the first quarter when Stevens hit him on the nipple as he lead strongly from full forward, that was talent and nothing less.

I was watching on TV and jokingly said, as Stevens kicked it, "Setantaaaaaa" and there he was in the next frame... juggling a nipple stinger and slotting it 45 metres out.

Boy oh Boy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back