Settle down people.

Remove this Banner Ad

Also our list 13-15 achieved some of the best results ever

We don't actually need to return to that strength to be just a realistic chance for one flag

If Clarko rebuilt and returned another three peat or btb it would make him one of the all time coaches in any code anywhere

Dare to dream

Dare to dream?

You'll need to change your pseudonym if you keep this attitude up. ;)

It can't be ironic if it's true. ;)
Expecting hawthorn to carry on outperforming the rest of the AFL is hardly a shot in the dark

If you had the view in the 50 s that this would happen. Good chance they'd lock you up

Not now

Are you a fair dinkum Hawk supporter?

Seems strange you only joining in discussion on this forum after early losses this year, when there has been so much success to enjoy lolly gagging over in recent years.....
And you're such, well, I better be nice.

Sorry I didn't find the forum earlier! Geez talk about touchy. Enough of the friendly fire!

Sorry I didn't find the forum earlier! Geez talk about touchy. Enough of the friendly fire!

I hope you and your troll account hit a red card soon, mate.

And I hope the mods find and ban your real login.

;)

Garbage.
I wouldn't call any team that had won 3 out of the last 4 grandfinals, including a Semi last year, GONE because of what you call 2 months of footy. Regardless of the team.
Wins aren't good enough for you, they have to be smashings to be appropriate.
I saw us fall in or lose to Footscray, the Saints, Fitzroy and many other bottom dwellers throughout our 7 years of consecutive grandfinal appearances.

You know there was a reason they called us too slow and too old back then, right?
It wasn't just journalistic prose.
It was because at various times that's how we looked and played.

But that's ok, you'd prefer to be prepared for disaster and then pleasantly shocked if we end up doing better than that, I like the other route of keeping the faith until the team proves unequivocally it can't do what it needs to anymore.
I'm going to enjoy our footy more I'd say over the next 3 years.
Enjoy today's game?

We'll get there, but the players are struggling with this transition much more than expected. I expect them to find form and finish the year strongly though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually think we can take more positives out of this week than last week.We played more young players,we were competitive till late in the third quarter compared to half time last week.And in that last quarter Geelong kicked alot of goals out of their backsides and a few out of Razor Ray's backside.Overall marginal improvement.Next week should see the improvement accelerate.

I actually think we can take more positives out of this week than last week.We played more young players,we were competitive till late in the third quarter compared to half time last week.And in that last quarter Geelong kicked alot of goals out of their backsides and a few out of Razor Ray's backside.Overall marginal improvement.Next week should see the improvement accelerate.

I've done my best to find the positives today and there are a few, but I think the great disappointment is that Geelong weren't great and had we been able to play the whole day like the 10 minutes after half time, it would have been a close contest. I'm not saying we would have won, Geelong did what they needed to do and then some, but the ferocity at the contest was lacking for far too long today, very uncharacteristic of our club.

I'm not unsettled, it is shithouse.

you are posting/gloating "I told you so" on the back of us losing.

your avatar is of a Sydney player; a former Hawthorn champion after a grand final defeat.

have a bit of an introspect.
Calm down Lizard, he/she is allowed to have whatever picture they like as their avatar (as long as it's within the big footy rules).

Settle down mate

To get this clubs success into perspective, I looked at our relative performance since joining the VFL/AFL in 1925.

We are well out in front...

upload_2017-4-19_14-40-42.png

The "expected number of cups" is the number of premierships each team could have expected to win during their history in the VFL/AFL, given their tenure and the number of teams in the competition each year.

I feel better now.

Attachments

• upload_2017-4-19_14-35-14.png
    upload_2017-4-19_14-35-14.png
    8 KB · Views: 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back