Rumour Several players set to leave Tigerland at season's end

Remove this Banner Ad

don't want Reid. just think Swans had him as a fwd yet still paid megamillions for Buddy & tippett
When Buddy was drafted by the swans Reid was still just a kid. Saying that, he hasn't come on as expected but is a better player than most our KPFs. Would be well worth it if the only cost was Conca. He will never make it at Richmond.

Last edited:
When Buddy was drafted by the swans Reid was still just a kid. Saying that, he hasn't come on as expected but is a better player than most our KPFs. Would be well worth it if the only cost was Conca. He will never make it at Richmond.

Reid is a proven spud in the sense physically he has faults as a KPP.

Conca can be reshaped in terms of improving his decisions, Reid can't thats the difference for me.

Keeping Conca is a no brainer! He has the physical tools when uninjured and just needs a bit of guidance on his approach and experience to add his effect!

Reid lacks agility and the required skill and balance for his height

that's just it tho, they signed Tippett/Buddy long term, even beyond the yrs Reid was meant to be peaking, almost making him surplus to req's at the same time.

If Butler gets delisted without a good reason published to members without him playing a senior game I will burn the joint down personally.
it wouldn't be much of a surprise, he's hardly done much even at VFL level this year

But Conca is s**t ... is a plodder, shanks his kicks and turns it over too much
And unlike what others are saying he has had heaps of time 6 whole years in fact.

I would suggest it is more likely we will get what we see after such a time span, rather than him significantly improving.
Someone Anyone can they please tell me what outstanding attributes Conca has displayed in his whole 6 years that remotely suggests he will become anything more than a foot soldier.We havent even got that out of him consistently.

Simply put he lacks awareness, makes too many poor decisions lacks pace and is too small.
While on odd occasions he goes alright in most areas of games his total lack of consistency and the continuing gulf between his best and worst means over all he has been poor in most areas.
He is a typical Richmond player whop we hang onto in hope a player who shows a bit here and there but ultimately never has the ability to take us anywhere.
How many times does this type of thing have to happen. Where we hang onto inconsistent players for a god awful lot of time and it ultimately means we continue to struggle and are forever trying to build a decent list.Trade him out and use whatever we get for him wisely. As i said who cares if he goes on to become a decent player elsewhere so far we are getting so little from him.

Other clubs are always turning players like Conca over and backing in their ability to do better.We desperately need to get to that place.

And unlike what others are saying he has had heaps of time 6 whole years in fact.

I would suggest it is more likely we will get what we see after such a time span, rather than him significantly improving.
Someone Anyone can they please tell me what outstanding attributes Conca has displayed in his whole 6 years that remotely suggests he will become anything more than a foot soldier.We havent even got that out of him consistently.

Simply put he lacks awareness, makes too many poor decisions lacks pace and is too small.
While on odd occasions he goes alright in most areas of games his total lack of consistency and the continuing gulf between his best and worst means over all he has been poor in most areas.
He is a typical Richmond player whop we hang onto in hope a player who shows a bit here and there but ultimately never has the ability to take us anywhere.
How many times does this type of thing have to happen. Where we hang onto inconsistent players for a god awful lot of time and it ultimately means we continue to struggle and are forever trying to build a decent list.Trade him out and use whatever we get for him wisely. As i said who cares if he goes on to become a decent player elsewhere so far we are getting so little from him.

Other clubs are always turning players like Conca over and backing in their ability to do better.We desperately need to get to that place.
Imo Conca is one of those players that has one very good year in him, when it all comes together and he looks like he's finally made it.

Only to revert to patchy and frustrating for the rest of his career.

I'd be fine if his one year was somewhere else.

Since you asked, he is younger than Houli, taller than Houli, bigger leap than Houli, better defensively than Houli, quicker than Houli, better mark than Houli.... does not fall off tackles as much as Houli..

Facts with your logic, Houli is smaller and slower

Imo Conca is one of those players that has one very good year in him, when it all comes together and he looks like he's finally made it.

Only to revert to patchy and frustrating for the rest of his career.

I'd be fine if his one year was somewhere else.
Agreed. We can't persist with fringe players for too long, no matter how high a draft pick they were.

Conca and 2017 second and 2016 third for Mitchell. Might be unders but Sydney have no money and it lands them a player they could mould to suit their culture without waiting for a draft pick to mature.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Conca and 2017 second and 2016 third for Mitchell. Might be unders but Sydney have no money and it lands them a player they could mould to suit their culture without waiting for a draft pick to mature.

Conca has been good today. Miserly defense against Hawthorn today without Houli and that has Hunt in it and Astbury and Griff gave away 2 goals to!!

Best season for us to really clean out crap and even players with value. We need to do this right otherwise we'll be stuffed for another 5 years. We need to make calls on players for once instead of just hanging on to them hoping. So for me it would be goodbye to delidio, Edwards, b.ellis, lambert, hunt, Vickery, Conca, Morris, Townsend, Maric, a.moore, butler aswell as Mckenzie and Chaplin obviously. That's 14 players some of which can get us some guns if traded as a package correctly and some will net us good picks.
For to long have a lot of these players been allowed to play mediocre, plus some in there are at the wrong end of there career and unfortunately Morris is gonna miss next year.
The old Richmond would keep Vickery, Ellis, Edwards and even offer Moore another contract, it hasn't worked. We need to try and be aggressive lets persue Fyfe, longer, Mitchell and Hurley why not, Persia isn't the answer especially with our s**t game plan and his injuries.

Best season for us to really clean out crap and even players with value. We need to do this right otherwise we'll be stuffed for another 5 years. We need to make calls on players for once instead of just hanging on to them hoping. So for me it would be goodbye to delidio, Edwards, b.ellis, lambert, hunt, Vickery, Conca, Morris, Townsend, Maric, a.moore, butler aswell as Mckenzie and Chaplin obviously. That's 14 players some of which can get us some guns if traded as a package correctly and some will net us good picks.
For to long have a lot of these players been allowed to play mediocre, plus some in there are at the wrong end of there career and unfortunately Morris is gonna miss next year.
The old Richmond would keep Vickery, Ellis, Edwards and even offer Moore another contract, it hasn't worked. We need to try and be aggressive lets persue Fyfe, longer, Mitchell and Hurley why not, Persia isn't the answer especially with our s**t game plan and his injuries.

Why get Fyfe and Hurley??

Clearly we are too far off it. Have to trade out the oldies and stick with the youth IMO

Why get Fyfe and Hurley??

Clearly we are too far off it. Have to trade out the oldies and stick with the youth IMO
Yeah good point maybe not Fyfe but I do believe we are not miles off the pace, our elite players like reiwoldt Martin Cotchin and rance are there and our next set of players are coming on well which would be Astbury, grimes, Vlaustin, Griffiths, Lloyd and our youth look good c Ellis menadue Drummond Markov rioli McBean.
We just need a clean out of those mid area should they be there players and bring in more youth and perhaps some guns around them to help. Gun players must be 25 or younger.
With that we definitely need a change of coach or a full re structure especially game plan, we don't play to our strengths which is run and carry. Personally I would be playing out Dimma and getting bomber thompson and let him run it the way he wants.

Yeah good point maybe not Fyfe but I do believe we are not miles off the pace, our elite players like reiwoldt Martin Cotchin and rance are there and our next set of players are coming on well which would be Astbury, grimes, Vlaustin, Griffiths, Lloyd and our youth look good c Ellis menadue Drummond Markov rioli McBean.
We just need a clean out of those mid area should they be there players and bring in more youth and perhaps some guns around them to help. Gun players must be 25 or younger.
With that we definitely need a change of coach or a full re structure especially game plan, we don't play to our strengths which is run and carry. Personally I would be playing out Dimma and getting bomber thompson and let him run it the way he wants.
Not sure why you want bomber. Under him the dons were just as slow and sideways.

Titch is richmond in a nutshell, , career average of 16 touches a game is just utterly crap, , has played now for 10 years and maybe had 2-3 ok years, disapointing in 80 percent of his games played, trade out and dont accept a guy so poorly performed.
Grossly overrated by people on here.

Nope we are far further off than that

Not sure why you want bomber. Under him the dons were just as slow and sideways.
He's so experienced he's been out of the game for a bit so he's been able to observe and at the Dons he was just a fill in and the club was a rable

Remove this Banner Ad

Back