Society/Culture Sexism & Gender Equality

History has shown this is true. It can be overcome, but very likely won't bar a seldom few. The ability to reason being subordinate to biological imperatives leads to society-wide gynocentrism, (gynocentrism being inherent in males and females, with male authority keeping gynocentrism in balance) which is why even great civilizations also inevitably fall. (Women want provision and security, and men want pussy and validation. Civilizations end, and the cycle restarts.)

Once the hard work of men is done building civilization to a sufficient degree, females find it safe and comfortable enough to come out of the woodwork and demand a share of the goodies. Civilization goes along these lines: Bad times create strong people. Strong people bring good times. Good times create weak people. Weak people bring bad times. We're presently at the end of this cycle.

The zenith of western civilization was during the Boomer generation. It's been downhill ever since. The good times during the Boomer heyday turned them soft, decadent, degenerate, etc, and their offspring, unsurprisingly, declined from there. The Boomers, X's, Y's and Z's are a product of weakness - intellectual, moral and even spiritual weakness.

Males giving women the vote was the beginning of the end of the West. Male authority kept gynocentrism inherent in both males and females balanced. Now gynocentrism is out of control due to good times creating intellectually, morally and spiritually weak men, who disregarded history and thought they knew better wrt male and female nature. Now males have all the responsibility and accountability and little authority, and women have much authority and next to no responsibility and accountability... all thanks to weak, decadent and degenerate men.

“Once made equal to man, woman becomes his superior.” – Socrates.

Man's subordination to his biological imperative means he finds it very difficult to learn from past mistakes; though he has the ability to reason, he chooses not to.
Lol! Go away you idiot :D

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
The research was interesting i agree, but it was interesting to me because it challenged my assumptions about online harrassment.
I would have considered all data points would have women being harrassed in far greater numbers but as it was, it was just the points you highlighted in your reply.

It could have something to do with the different kinds of online activity males and females typically engage in. For example, the contributors to this website are predominantly male. I don't think that's just because it's nominally based around Australian Rules football. Other internet discussion forums are also predominantly male. Even when strongly moderated the discussions can sometimes get heated and personal so that people may feel they are being harassed. But I think it would be mostly males harassing other males.

Which internet sites are mostly participated in by females? Where harassment occurs who is doing the harassing?

CheapCharlie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
It could have something to do with the different kinds of online activity males and females typically engage in. For example, the contributors to this website are predominantly male. I don't think that's just because it's nominally based around Australian Rules football. Other internet discussion forums are also predominantly male. Even when strongly moderated the discussions can sometimes get heated and personal so that people may feel they are being harassed. But I think it would be mostly males harassing other males.

Which internet sites are mostly participated in by females? Where harassment occurs who is doing the harassing?

Women use social media far more than men, so probably Facebook, Instagram, pinterest, messaging apps, etcetera

T

CheapCharlie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
From the same Pew report
Both men and women have received roughly the same % of explicit images they didnt ask for... Women 32 - Men 30%

But there is a big disparity in the 18-29 age group where it is 53%women & 37% men

Sexualmen1.PNG

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
History has shown this is true. It can be overcome, but very likely won't bar a seldom few. The ability to reason being subordinate to biological imperatives leads to society-wide gynocentrism, (gynocentrism being inherent in males and females, with male authority keeping gynocentrism in balance) which is why even great civilizations also inevitably fall. (Women want provision and security, and men want pussy and validation. Civilizations end, and the cycle restarts.)

Once the hard work of men is done building civilization to a sufficient degree, females find it safe and comfortable enough to come out of the woodwork and demand a share of the goodies. Civilization goes along these lines: Bad times create strong people. Strong people bring good times. Good times create weak people. Weak people bring bad times. We're presently at the end of this cycle.

The zenith of western civilization was during the Boomer generation. It's been downhill ever since. The good times during the Boomer heyday turned them soft, decadent, degenerate, etc, and their offspring, unsurprisingly, declined from there. The Boomers, X's, Y's and Z's are a product of weakness - intellectual, moral and even spiritual weakness.

Males giving women the vote was the beginning of the end of the West. Male authority kept gynocentrism inherent in both males and females balanced. Now gynocentrism is out of control due to good times creating intellectually, morally and spiritually weak men, who disregarded history and thought they knew better wrt male and female nature. Now males have all the responsibility and accountability and little authority, and women have much authority and next to no responsibility and accountability... all thanks to weak, decadent and degenerate men.

“Once made equal to man, woman becomes his superior.” – Socrates.

Man's subordination to his biological imperative means he finds it very difficult to learn from past mistakes; though he has the ability to reason, he chooses not to.
How exactly were the good times in the distant past? By almost every measure of prosperity, health and happiness we are currently in the best times of recorded history. Yes this very decade.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
What's With the Emerging Gender Gap in Social Psychology?

Disparity in leadership positions.

Posted Jul 18, 2017

Do you believe that "gaps" necessarily reflect discrimination? Do you believe that backlash against strong, powerful women is so strong, that women can almost never attain important leadership positions? If so, then consider this.

The Society for Personality and Social Psychology (SPSP) is one of the two main professional organizations for social psychologists, and it is the only one open to undergraduates and graduate students (there are lots of specialty organizations that many social psychologist belong to that I am not including here).

Here are the last two Presidents and the President Elect (Diane Mackie, Wendy Wood, Lynne Cooper):

spsp_header_and_press_0.jpg

Source: SPSP

It is perhaps worth noting that the next President after M. Lynne Cooper has also been elected -- and that is Linda Skitka, who appears below.

That is four women in a row. Many of my colleagues write as if "gap = discrimination against the under-represented group."1 In a perfectly gapless world, which many of my colleagues seem to argue for, the probability of four women in a row being elected President would be about 6% (according to the binomial theorem, which sounds very statistically sophisticated but anyone can compute these odds with an online calculator such as this one; in this case, though, you just need 7th grade math: .54 = .0625). This is a nearly statistically significant bias in favor of women in the last four elections (traditional cutoff for considering something "statistically significant" is a probability of 5% or less). Of course, if you go back further, there are more men than women, but that is the point of this blog -- this gap is emerging, the point is not that it has been everpresent.

Here are the members of the current executive board, most of whom are elected.

spsp_elected_members_2_0.jpg

Source: SPSP

The last member (Rummel) is not elected, so let's exclude him. 6 of 8 elected members to the leadership positions are women. The probability of this occurring by chance in a gapless world, is about 1 in 7. Not a "statistically significantly different than a 50-50" gap, and yet ...

If we combine the results for the 8 elected leadership positions and the four most recent Presidents, 10 of 12 are women. The probability of this occurring by chance in a gapless world is about 2 in 100, again using the binomial, which assumes independent probabilities -- an assumption which may not be viable, as I discuss below.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...r-gap-in-social-psychology?platform=hootsuite

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Biology. Again.

Prenatal hormones trump postnatal socialization: Girls exposed to high levels of testosterone in the womb develop male-typical toy preferences even when parents encourage female-typical play.

Du3w2O6V4AEDlEB.jpg

Aug 1, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Lol! Go away you idiot :D

Whilst, I don't agree with the conclusions of this post, your response to it is just plain wrong on every level.

If the purpose of SRP is not to permit and encourage the diversity of the opinions to be discussed civilly - can you tell me what it is?
Surely you are not so afraid that should you permit it to pass - a single post may permanently tarnish the site as a misogynist cult?
On the other hand, you might believe - as I do - that the this gender topic is beyond idiotic at its very core. In which case, why permit the thread to exist at all?

So the tone of this thread must be contained within the narrow bounds of what is acceptable within the contemporary definition of our collective unconscious neurosis. Namely, acknowledge the truth - the idiocy of partisan gender discussions - whilst simultaneously tolerating a certain threshold of feminine hysterical angst to reinforce the obvious truth that in contemporary western society, the utility of male aggression and violence has no appropriate place for expression.

Of course this is largely the very point made by the poster you ordered to "Go away you idiot".

The observation is actually pertinent - not true or right - but pertinent. Namely, to what degree is our modern civilisation - and all the benefits it provides based reliant on violence and aggression or the threat of it? And is civilisation sustainable if that violence and aggression is repressed, contained and shunned amongst its citizenry?

In the analog world, there are still police forces, security forces, the military, organised crime, street gangs... And those forces are right amongst us. Force ain't going anywhere - it underpins the relative peace we enjoy.

Pulsedriver raises a more than valid point - respectfully.

If we are to engage in the idiocy of gender discussion, then asserting male strength is every bit as valid as the fashion of asserting female strength and its angst.

Instead of reflexively defending your ideological feminine purity - I suggest - you would be better served to exercise some backbone and tackle the topic.

TimmeT

Premiership Player
Mar 28, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Whilst, I don't agree with the conclusions of this post, your response to it is just plain wrong on every level.

If the purpose of SRP is not to permit and encourage the diversity of the opinions to be discussed civilly - can you tell me what it is?
Surely you are not so afraid that should you permit it to pass - a single post may permanently tarnish the site as a misogynist cult?
On the other hand, you might believe - as I do - that the this gender topic is beyond idiotic at its very core. In which case, why permit the thread to exist at all?

So the tone of this thread must be contained within the narrow bounds of what is acceptable within the contemporary definition of our collective unconscious neurosis. Namely, acknowledge the truth - the idiocy of partisan gender discussions - whilst simultaneously tolerating a certain threshold of feminine hysterical angst to reinforce the obvious truth that in contemporary western society, the utility of male aggression and violence has no appropriate place for expression.

Of course this is largely the very point made by the poster you ordered to "Go away you idiot".

The observation is actually pertinent - not true or right - but pertinent. Namely, to what degree is our modern civilisation - and all the benefits it provides based reliant on violence and aggression or the threat of it? And is civilisation sustainable if that violence and aggression is repressed, contained and shunned amongst its citizenry?

In the analog world, there are still police forces, security forces, the military, organised crime, street gangs... And those forces are right amongst us. Force ain't going anywhere - it underpins the relative peace we enjoy.

Pulsedriver raises a more than valid point - respectfully.

If we are to engage in the idiocy of gender discussion, then asserting male strength is every bit as valid as the fashion of asserting female strength and its angst.

Instead of reflexively defending your ideological feminine purity - I suggest - you would be better served to exercise some backbone and tackle the topic.

I'd suggest this reply indicates that the bolded part of your post is not possible from chief.

Aug 1, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'd suggest this reply indicates that the bolded part of your post is not possible from chief.
It seems so - yet the primary objection it seems is the length of the post. A mere 200 words must pass unread - and so there is no way to gauge Chiefs reaction. I must assume that Posts needs must be condensed in presidential twitter form to be read. Even this is excessive. I stop

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Males giving women the vote was the beginning of the end of the West.
Careful saying that, CM86 will stalk you across the forum upon seeing this fact stated!
I can't be the only poster on bigfooty who thinks that you and tesseract are wrong for saying it's factual that 'giving' women the vote was the beginning of the end of the West...

To me, it's a ridiculously sexist statement, with no truth to it. Let alone a 'fact'...

Yet somehow you still try to paint yourselves as the victim, for being called out on it...

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Indeed. An intelligent person would give it no regard whatsoever.

I asked you to stop being an rss feed for Clem Ford, and you went balistic...

On Christmas morning you posted a tweet from a satirical account, purely to denigrate feminism.

Yesterday my aunt sent me a clip of a possibly transgendered person going crazy in a store, and I knew it would just be a matter of time until you or sorted posted it. (ignoring the litany of identical footage available online, of men/women doing the same and worse).

But posters on this website that you are addicted to, and that you've just praised in another thread... openly say that women having the right to vote is what is destroying western civilisation... you think should be ignored completely by intelligent people...?

In another thread you're literally labelling yourself as a 'modern day n-word', because there are terms like "toxic masculinity"...

I've taken years off this forum, and it's done me a world of good. I really think you should try it for a couple of days.
See if you can?

CheapCharlie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 12, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
Interesting article
Reversing the Descent of Man
"On virtually every indicator that anyone might want to consider, men in Britain and various other Western states seem to be performing very badly at the moment, both for themselves and for the communities in which they live. Not that this is particularly unusual. Throughout history, men have been inclined towards being social outsiders. Their usefulness to communities varies much more than women’s, and depends greatly on the way in which social institutions define and reward their roles. Whereas most cultures seem to recognise this, in the West we have increasingly pretended that it is not the case.
And we are now paying for our mistake.

"...The first step is to acknowledge that the social orientations of men and women can never be identical. Refusal to accept this, and pursuit of interchangeability and strict equality rather than gender equity, is likely to increase differences between the sexes."

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I've taken years off this forum, and it's done me a world of good. I really think you should try it for a couple of days.
See if you can?

I appreciate your concerns, but I don't need the escapism that you clearly crave.

I meet the world head on. I really think you should try it for a couple of days.

Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
I asked you to stop being an rss feed for Clem Ford, and you went balistic...

On Christmas morning you posted a tweet from a satirical account, purely to denigrate feminism.

Yesterday my aunt sent me a clip of a possibly transgendered person going crazy in a store, and I knew it would just be a matter of time until you or sorted posted it. (ignoring the litany of identical footage available online, of men/women doing the same and worse).

But posters on this website that you are addicted to, and that you've just praised in another thread... openly say that women having the right to vote is what is destroying western civilisation... you think should be ignored completely by intelligent people...?

In another thread you're literally labelling yourself as a 'modern day n-word', because there are terms like "toxic masculinity"...

See if you can?
When you say you've taken years off, you just mean on this specific account yeah? The other 6 were still going strong? ;)

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Biology. Again.

Childhood Sex-Typed Behavior and Gender Change in Individuals with 46,XY and 46,XX Disorders of Sex Development: An Iranian Multicenter Study

Behzad S. Khorashad et al.

First Online: 20 August 2018

Abstract

Disorders of sex development (DSD) are congenital conditions in which the typical genetic and hormonal profiles are affected and thereby the usual process of sexual differentiation. Most of these studies, however, have been conducted in Western countries. In the present study, preschool sex-typed activities of Iranian individuals with DSD and their age-matched non-affected male and female relatives were assessed using the Pre-School Activities Inventory (PSAI) modified for retrospective self-report. A total of 192 individuals participated in our study, including 33 46,XX individuals with congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH; M age = 10.36, SD = 5.52), 15 46,XY individuals with complete androgen insensitivity syndrome (CAIS; M age = 19.8, SD = 7.14), and 16 46,XY individuals with 5-alpha reductase deficiency type-2 (5α-RD-2; M age = 17.31, SD = 7.28), as well as one age-matched non-affected male and female relative for each patient. With regard to PSAI scores, male-identifying participants with 5α-RD-2 and male controls reported similar levels of male-typical childhood play. Female-identifying participants with 5α-RD-2 and CAH showed comparable scores: significantly less masculine and more feminine than male controls, but significantly more masculine and less feminine than females with CAIS and female controls. These findings support the role of androgens in the development of sex-typical childhood play behavior, with those being exposed to higher levels of fetal functional androgens expressing more masculine behavior at preschool ages.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10508-018-1281-9

Claude Balls

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 30, 2007
AFL Club
Geelong
Most vegans are fine with the animal devastation their soy monocrop diet creates.

Surely you’re not referring to deforestation..? Human soy consumption accounts for a tiny fraction of total soy production and therefore deforestation . The majority is fed to livestock.

Last edited:
Back