Sexual Assault in Football

Remove this Banner Ad

If his contract is paid out in full there are no arguments. That means the terms of the contract have been met and then terminated.

Your suggestion he train on his own unless he agrees to leave is constructive dismissal.

Sure they could, how would that look if they paid him off 10 million?

To me I can understand it as the club wanting to remove someone who they do not want at United while meeting all legal obligations to do so. End of the day he is going to get paid anyway if he hangs around as expected until the end of his contract.

To me I can understand it as the club wanting to remove someone who they do not want at United while meeting all legal obligations to do so. End of the day he is going to get paid anyway if he hangs around as expected until the end of his contract.

It's bad PR either way.

Sure they could, how would that look if they paid him off 10 million?
Better than letting him hang around like a bad smell.

I think the average Joe would realise he can't now be sacked but that he shouldn't be near the team.

It's better than letting him stay there in the club shirt for the next two years collecting his payment anyway.

I think the average Joe would realise he can't now be sacked but that he shouldn't be near the team.

It's better than letting him stay there in the club shirt for the next two years collecting his payment anyway.

Yeah, while the PR from paying out his contract is bad, this is much worse. And the end result is the same. This really is a "least worst" type situation where the club can never really come out a winner.

Might be able to sell him for peanuts and remove him that way. Someone will take on the contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone really think the Glazers will stump up the cash to pay him out? They'll leave this burning pile of s**t on the door step of any potential new owners.

Personally, he shouldn't play for us again.

If they look at it in terms of the negative publicity costing the club more than 10 million then sure I expect them to have no qualms doing it.

I do feel the clubs of players found not guilty are a little hamstrung in what they can or should do next. Right thing to do is stand them down until they're found guilty or not by the courts. But legally it's tough after that. PR wise just call it a mutual termination, sure it means they got paid to get out but it's over and done with in one go

Tbf, the only reason that tweet belongs on this thread is because it mentions Mason Greenwood’s name. Otherwise, the “off topic” thread is more suitable for discussing Nick Kyrgios and Zverev’s cases.

Does anyone really think the Glazers will stump up the cash to pay him out? They'll leave this burning pile of s**t on the door step of any potential new owners.

Personally, he shouldn't play for us again.
You sir are a wonderful wordsmith.
Paint a lovely picture.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back