Sexual Assault in Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering Greenwood has $10 million at stake on his contract what is there to stop him paying the witness $1 million in a civil agreement to not testify? Its dodgy af.
Would seem odd for her to accept money not to testify and for her to get back together with him at the same time. Not impossible though.

Out of interest, would you support him if he was cleared to play for United again? Or would you protest mate?
To be honest I don't know how I feel about the whole situation. I heard a long time ago from someone I trust that the case wasn't going to go anywhere but wasn't provided an explanation as to why when I asked. Something has come to light which has forced the CPS to drop the case. Best case scenario it is what Buckleys Jocks described in another post and they are both real ******* weirdos into some weird s**t. I'm pretty confused about the whole situation though tbh.

I'm becoming more an more cynical and am rarely surprised by stuff these days. It wouldn't surprise me if he is available to play towards the end of the season and Ten Hag uses him. One man protesting isn't going to make a difference in this case and I don't live close to Manchester anyway.

Unless some mass murdering dictator takes over the club for sports washing purposes then I'll always support United. I can separate supporting the club from individual players but in truth, I have no idea how I'll feel if number 11 scores and I'm in the stadium or watching on TV. I will let you know how I feel if it happens though.

To be honest I don't know how I feel about the whole situation. I heard a long time ago from someone I trust that the case wasn't going to go anywhere but wasn't provided an explanation as to why when I asked. Something has come to light which has forced the CPS to drop the case. Best case scenario it is what Buckleys Jocks described in another post and they are both real ******* weirdos into some weird s**t. I'm pretty confused about the whole situation though tbh.

I'm becoming more an more cynical and am rarely surprised by stuff these days. It wouldn't surprise me if he is available to play towards the end of the season and Ten Hag uses him. One man protesting isn't going to make a difference in this case and I don't live close to Manchester anyway.

Unless some mass murdering dictator takes over the club for sports washing purposes then I'll always support United. I can separate supporting the club from individual players but in truth, I have no idea how I'll feel if number 11 scores and I'm in the stadium or watching on TV. I will let you know how I feel if it happens though.
Fair enough mate.

I dont know if the "into some real weird s**t" thing makes sense though. If the woman involved is into say rape roleplay why would she go public with the audio and pictures of domestic violence too knowing what it would do to his career.

The womans father is weird as well and his comments were basically the opposite to what you would expect from a father who's daughter has been raped. The whole thing just is weird and smells off to me.

If it were Liverpool involved, it's an easy decision. Be rid of him. He's not the second coming of Messi so TBH losing Greenwood isnt really a big deal. For the heat it brings, it's easier just to remove him from the club and let him go on about his weird life with his weird possibly raped girlfriend and family.

This is essential these days. Growing up as a Collingwood fan taught me that lesson early, as a lot of my favourites turned out to be pretty average people (e.g. Swan & Didak) and my childhood footballing hero was Ryan Giggs :oops:.

I dont know if the "into some real weird s**t" thing makes sense though. If the woman involved is into say rape roleplay why would she go public with the audio and pictures of domestic violence too knowing what it would do to his career.

The womans father is weird as well and his comments were basically the opposite to what you would expect from a father who's daughter has been raped. The whole thing just is weird and smells off to me.

I might be wrong on this but I vaguely recall when the story first broke that she initially claimed a friend had released it all in an effort to try to help her. For the life of me I can't find anything to back that up now though.

The comments from the father were very weird though. From the outside its hard not to form the cynical view that the family just don't want to lose their cash cow.

What Buckleys Jocks said was just speculation. I don't think there's any evidence they were into weird s**t such as rape roleplay. The recording appears damning to his mentality. But human relationships can get very complex, especially when there's a financial imbalance. The alleged victim chose not to report the offences to the police but post it on social media. Then there was the strange stuff with her dad. The CPS had the right to proceed with a prosecution without the alleged victim's evidence. But what public interest would it serve, now they are apparently back together as a couple?

I can't see the United enquiry revealing anything more than the legal case. They will kick the can down the road until the end of the season then pay him out on his contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Qataris take over,

one of us GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back