Sexual Misconduct in Hollywood (+ now Australia!) - All individuals combined

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
As a moderator, you should be more responsible than saying that no-one cares about my post and twisting my words.

But then, it isn't the first time a mod has abused his power, and insulted people who post here, and rather than trying to defuse tension, starts fights themselves.

Well, guess what, I CBF reading any post you write either, mod idiot.

Firstly I didn’t say no one cares I said if you couldn’t be bothered.

Secondly abusing my powers would be deleting or altering your post not quoting and responding to it (which literally everyone on here could do)

Finally I apologise for paraphrasing you in such a way, I stand by my interpretation of your post it certainly reads as though you’re actually blaming women’s (or victims) conduct without saying it, however I could be completely wrong so my post was by extension wrong as well.

Dec 1, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
Timothee Chalamet has donated the salary for his upcoming Woody Allen film to a number of charities, including Time's Up. The move, following a number of other recent stars of Allen's films doing likewise, has led to speculation that Woody Allen's career is over.

I certainly don't want to throw my hat in with some of the bizarre misogyny in this thread, but I feel like this is where we go into problematic territory. I don't begrudge Chalamet's move (he and Greta Gerwig are both on the awards circuit this year and have been bombarded with questions about Woody Allen, so I understand they had to do something), but Allen has been accused of one crime. It's a despicable crime, but he has never been charged over it, and the circumstances around it were enough that there was always a certain amount of reasonable doubt about it.

In the same way that Geoffrey Rush, or (even more under the radar) Bill Shorten shouldn't have their careers finished off the back of a single, unproven allegation, I don't feel that the same should occur to Allen, although he has become a symbol for Hollywood hypocrisy.

Again it’s difficult to ascertain what you’re trying to say here (aside, the way you write is extremely difficult to decipher, might just be me I suppose) it seems as though you’ve made the assumption every (or most) women are or should approach the situation expecting and accepting of sexual advances and alternately that every (or most man) is approaching it with the intention of making an accepted advance, isn’t that exactly the issue that we’re trying to address. An actor going for an audition shouldn’t have to expect or even concerned they (he or she) is going to be hit on, they are going for a professional job interview, it’s not the forum, then the power imbalance comes into play, a director etc has sway in the situation and can and has (by accusations) implied or flat out said that sex will be a job and refusal will be a career ending decision.
Not just you. I'm not sure if there's any other poster I skip over more quickly.

Last edited:

Catters 070911

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Firstly I didn’t say no one cares I said if you couldn’t be bothered.

Secondly abusing my powers would be deleting or altering your post not quoting and responding to it (which literally everyone on here could do)

Finally I apologise for paraphrasing you in such a way, I stand by my interpretation of your post it certainly reads as though you’re actually blaming women’s (or victims) conduct without saying it, however I could be completely wrong so my post was by extension wrong as well.

You got it wrong because you are so blinded by defending women's rights, that you missed my entire point.

I am talking about societal roles. Men are taught to ask the woman out. Women are taught to wait to be asked out. Why can't a woman ask a man out that she likes? Why does she have to wait first?

Women are taught to not be easy, and to play "hard to get". Men are taught to chase the object of your desire. Why can't a man and a woman, who like each other, just decide to go out, without others frowning upon it, because they "went about it a different way".

Society and things like television and movies shape people's perceptions, and many times, it reinforces these "expected" social mores between men and women.

I say, do what is right for you. Sexual abuse won't be solved by following these rules or ignoring them. So if women want to ask out men, or even propose marriage to them, or the man wants to be chased, then what is wrong with that? It's each couple's own business what they do, and how they go about it, and it is no-on else's right to say otherwise.

PS No, you didn't delete my post. It seems bullying and twisting my words to make it sound like I am sexist, and being dismissive of what I posted, is more your style.

Must be great being a mod on this board, and posting whatever you like without accountability.

You got it wrong because you are so blinded by defending women's rights, that you missed my entire point.

I am talking about societal roles. Men are taught to ask the woman out. Women are taught to wait to be asked out. Why can't a woman ask a man out that she likes? Why does she have to wait first?

Women are taught to not be easy, and to play "hard to get". Men are taught to chase the object of your desire. Why can't a man and a woman, who like each other, just decide to go out, without others frowning upon it, because they "went about it a different way".

Society and things like television and movies shape people's perceptions, and many times, it reinforces these "expected" social mores between men and women.

I say, do what is right for you. Sexual abuse won't be solved by following these rules or ignoring them. So if women want to ask out men, or even propose marriage to them, or the man wants to be chased, then what is wrong with that? It's each couple's own business what they do, and how they go about it, and it is no-on else's right to say otherwise.
I mean I know I've been out of the game for a few years but back in my day I don't remember having to act out romantic comedies when attempting to date.

PS No, you didn't delete my post. It seems bullying and twisting my words to make it sound like I am sexist, and being dismissive of what I posted, is more your style.

Must be great being a mod on this board, and posting whatever you like without accountability.
Geniune question... how old are you? I'm not trying to be attacking but in my experience what you are talking about seems well out of touch with current trends.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda

blackcat

Irving's godfather and handle
Dec 29, 2003
Beverly Hills 90210 Antifa bracket
AFL Club
Richmond

and I will add, we are looking at an <outlier industry> with <outlier mores>, and extrapolating behaviour to represent all society. flaw much?

we also see said behaviour in relief to a perfect accept puritanical, Victorian era morality. Again, heavily flawed. Because of the freedom both men and women have achieved, in this modern economy 21st century era, we will also have crime, where rape exists as a subset of this crime.

Crime exists as a byproduct of freedom. One does not exist without the other. The police and legal system place deterrence on the most animalistic of our impulse.

that was a good post Catters 070911 made which |I hoped I could add to

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...exual-battery-allegation-20180117-h0jkvo.html

Forcefully trying to kiss her and grabbing her breast....not saying it’s appropriate behaviour, but how many blokes could potentially be in the crosshairs if that’s what this has now come too?

Literally making a pass at a women is now ‘sexual battery’?
not saying its true but if you try to kiss someone and they reject you laughing and grabbing their breasts probably isn't the best next move

the first one you should be able to chalk up to misreading the situation, the second well yeah you're ****ed there

YEWNIT

Cultural Agitator Esq
Nov 22, 2017
Vic
AFL Club
West Coast
not saying its true but if you try to kiss someone and they reject you laughing and grabbing their breasts probably isn't the best next move

the first one you should be able to chalk up to misreading the situation, the second well yeah you're ****** there

Still sounds like a ‘he said/she said’ scenario to me, so if Seal goes down for this or finds himself fired by his record company over this, then yep...it’s a witch hunt.

Still sounds like a ‘he said/she said’ scenario to me, so if Seal goes down for this or finds himself fired by his record company over this, then yep...it’s a witch hunt.
of course it is a he said/she said scenario

last I checked grabbing a girls breast without her permissions would be considered assault though so I don't see it as a witch hunt

some guys who did nothing wrong will probably end up getting caught up in this, but there has been a lot of shady s**t going on for a long time

and if you think it's only celebrities doing this sort of thing you'd be wrong.

it's interesting that you are upset that someone could go down for groping a woman without her permission, why is that?

YEWNIT

Cultural Agitator Esq
Nov 22, 2017
Vic
AFL Club
West Coast
of course it is a he said/she said scenario

last I checked grabbing a girls breast without her permissions would be considered assault though so I don't see it as a witch hunt

some guys who did nothing wrong will probably end up getting caught up in this, but there has been a lot of shady s**t going on for a long time

and if you think it's only celebrities doing this sort of thing you'd be wrong.

it's interesting that you are upset that someone could go down for groping a woman without her permission, why is that?

No no, if it’s proven IN A COURT OF LAW (as opposed to Twitter) that Seal has groped a women then no issue whatsoever with him facing the consequences.

It’s the way blokes are just being hung out to dry first without apparent due process that’s concerning me. And any man or women who dares to challenge that seeming lack of fairness publicly, is running the risk of having there career ruined as well it seems.

Yeah one wrong, doesn’t make another wrong right.
never said it did but in this instance she's gone to the police, the police are investigating and have given a statement to the press

pretty standard for something involving a celebrity, there is just heightened awareness at the moment because there is so much of it going on

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Okay this

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...exual-battery-allegation-20180117-h0jkvo.html

Forcefully trying to kiss her and grabbing her breast....not saying it’s appropriate behaviour, but how many blokes could potentially be in the crosshairs if that’s what this has now come too?

Literally making a pass at a women is now ‘sexual battery’?

Doesn’t gel with this

If you want to argue the merits of him being on trial by twitter that’s fine, to a degree I agree with you, but claiming that what he’s accused of doing is going to make it sexual battery to make a pass at a woman is just ridiculous hyperbole.

Trying to forcibly kiss and grope a woman (which Seal is accused, not convicted of doing) is never going to be allowed, it’s not hitting on a woman, it is and has for a very long time been unacceptable and criminal.

Is he guilty or not and is the public reaction over the top, perhaps, is the act he is accused of doing changing some sort of current acceptable norm making it harder for a man to speak with a woman, absolutely not.

Sep 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
and I will add, we are looking at an <outlier industry> with <outlier mores>, and extrapolating behaviour to represent all society. flaw much?

we also see said behaviour in relief to a perfect accept puritanical, Victorian era morality. Again, heavily flawed. Because of the freedom both men and women have achieved, in this modern economy 21st century era, we will also have crime, where rape exists as a subset of this crime.

Crime exists as a byproduct of freedom. One does not exist without the other. The police and legal system place deterrence on the most animalistic of our impulse.

that was a good post Catters 070911 made which |I hoped I could add to

Behavior in relief to a perfect accept puritanical morality, Rape exists as a subset of this crime.

Police and legal system place a deterrence on the most animalistic of our impulse.

Seriously dude, this is some John Doe level ranting, save it for the scrapbook.

YEWNIT

Cultural Agitator Esq
Nov 22, 2017
Vic
AFL Club
West Coast
never said it did but in this instance she's gone to the police, the police are investigating and have given a statement to the press

pretty standard for something involving a celebrity, there is just heightened awareness at the moment because there is so much of it going on

Gone to the police....and....?

Gone to the police....and....?
and it's under investigation, he may or may not be charged obviously we don't know yet, if he wasn't a celebrity we wouldn't even know about it

blackcat

Irving's godfather and handle
Dec 29, 2003
Beverly Hills 90210 Antifa bracket
AFL Club
Richmond
Behavior in relief to a perfect accept puritanical morality, Rape exists as a subset of this crime.

Police and legal system place a deterrence on the most animalistic of our impulse.

Seriously dude, this is some John Doe level ranting, save it for the scrapbook.
no, you have no critical lens, you are extrapolating this to society wide mores. It is not, I was was emphasising, it aint a rounding error, it is statistically irrelevant. You seek to make policy out of this statistically irrelevant phenomena, then you smear me, for offering context. This is a moral scare. And a purge of clumsy behaviour by clumsy men and middle-aged rutting men. #metoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back