Status in Question Sexual offenders attending AFL events

Remove this Banner Ad

What is with Essendon that makes them so appealing to people with questionable morals and ethics, those convicted and those with tales of "not convicted?

Some bloke whipped out his todger and jerked it in front of a 14 year old girl and her mother at Richmond's family day after the Grand Final. Article on ABC app that he has been charged?

So the club has knowingly invited a convicted pedophile down to training where there is a large amount of kids?
Um, is there something on his twitter account that says “Ps I’m a convicted peadophile” or is there a function of twitter that tags every peadophiles account? How was the club supposed to know? They just replied to a random question.

What on earth do you do with these people, short of branding them all with a scarlet letter on their forehead? There is no easy solution. Unless there is some kind of legal hold on him, how to Collingwood prevent him from being at training without a reason without risk of being sued? It’s a no win situation. The best they could do is have security shadow him.

And I admit, I just clicked twitter which I don’t have an account on, to see if I can see what he looks like, I’ve attended training with both of my daughters over the years, they are now out of his age group but still. Freaks me out a little.

I totally get the guy who did the legal jargon post, but as a mother who has taken her daughters to training, as recently as December, I don’t want him there.

Interesting reading. The dude in question apparently suffers from "mild intellectual impairment", suffered a brain injury in 2012 and still lives with his parents at age 40.

He exchanged 45 messages with an undercover cop posing as a 12 year old from Perth through a messaging app.
  • he did not falsify his identity or try to conceal it;
  • he did not encourage the female to keep the conversations secret;
  • he did not use coercion, threats or inducements;
  • the language he used was not ‘vile, violent or manipulative’;
  • he did not encourage the female to engage in specific sexual acts;
  • there was no suggestion of a physical meeting;
  • his descriptions of physical sexual activity were closer to the realm of fantasy than in other cases;
  • there was no actual victim;
  • the communications were limited in volume (45 messages in total);
  • the communications were of limited duration (3 dates in one week);
  • his level of persistence was at the lowest end;
  • he terminated the communications of his own volition;
  • he pleaded guilty at an early opportunity; and
  • he was remorseful and ashamed and had a desire to avoid similar activity in the future.
There is a pretty wide range of "sexual offending". I think there is a good question as to what level of offending justifies an individual who has (presumably) shown remorse and served his sentence being barred from attempting to rehabilitate in to society. Intuitively I wouldn't want him anywhere near kids or my club, is that too harsh a position? If kids are put at risk it is clearly unacceptable... so the question is what are the risks of this guy attending training sessions, apparently chaperoned by his mum.
Some people who've been around BF before 2012 and are familiar with this sick * will be all too aware that this was a issue with him long before his ABI.
He was just lucky not to be caught earlier, of not for his issues I'm sure he'd have been locked up a lot longer.

Speaking generically (because I am aware of some cases I can’t talk about), this is a massive issue for govt

There is actually a fair number of people who suffer from intellectual disabilities, but are also deemed high risk sexual predators. Because they are hard to convict (because of the disability impacting decision making), cops often give a pass. Govt is also dropping the ball because it doesn’t want to foot the bill for proper supervision

Four Corners had a show on this, and highlighted a client one provider had. Multiple times the provider begged the Dept for funding to provide 24 solo supervision, as they deemed him a high risk for sexually assaulting other clients. Govt always refused, saying shared accom was adequate. Outcome was he raped a guy at the facility, and only when the s**t hit the fan did the Dept react

There are people listed as sexual offenders who made life mistakes and aren't your accepted "Pedo" types

Apparently this wastes a lot of resources processing people who, quit frankly aren't a huge risk to kids. but probably wouldnt get 'working with kids accrediatation'

This is a view held inside child protection by the way, its not a symantec argument

There are people listed as sexual offenders who made life mistakes and aren't your accepted "Pedo" types

Apparently this wastes a lot of resources processing people who, quit frankly aren't a huge risk to kids. but probably wouldnt get 'working with kids accrediatation'

This is a view held inside child protection by the way, its not a symantec argument

I can’t remember the details, but there was a story a few years back of a young guy who ended up on the registered sex offenders list for being in possession of a naked photo of a girl ~3 years below him in high school when it was sent to him by a friend.

I can’t remember the details, but there was a story a few years back of a young guy who ended up on the registered sex offenders list for being in possession of a naked photo of a girl ~3 years below him in high school when it was sent to him by a friend.

Madness

The age difference is F all and what young guy wouldn’t keep a nude pic of a girl.

Was he in the wrong.....yes but he doesn’t belong on a list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Madness

The age difference is F all and what young guy wouldn’t keep a nude pic of a girl.

Was he in the wrong.....yes but he doesn’t belong on a list.

Its harsh, but i think its to avoid creating a.loophole where these freaks recruit kids to source content for them

Its because 'the line' is diifficult to draw.

Its pretty obvious hardened date rapers pick soft targets who'd have a poor case against them, yet the description of the incident in legal terms would be just like a 'misunderstanding' type occurrence

Its harsh, but i think its to avoid creating a.loophole where these freaks recruit kids to source content for them

The kid deserves harsh punishment as the issue is a major concern involving the potential for actual sexual predators, revenge pr0n, cyber bullying and psychological abuse.

But consideration should be given before putting people on a list alongside actual sexual predators. That said, Why the f do we release predators who may still be deemed a risk? We have loads of islands......

The kid deserves harsh punishment as the issue is a major concern involving the potential for actual sexual predators, revenge pr0n, cyber bullying and psychological abuse.

But consideration should be given before putting people on a list alongside actual sexual predators. That said, Why the f do we release predators who may still be deemed a risk? We have loads of islands......

We.dont in vic. Have the village of the damned in ararat for offenders deemed too high risk for normal society post release. Its been a success, and with the support of the ararat local community its gunna be expanded.

Problem is offenders with mental disabilities. Some are being held at massive cost in Thomas Embley, but thats the wrong place and a short term bandaid at best. Rest are going into care, with costs ranging between $500k to $1m per offender per annum, and even then its not a perfect solution (a lot of the establishments are care providers, not security companies)

Some people who've been around BF before 2012 and are familiar with this sick **** will be all too aware that this was a issue with him long before his ABI.
He was just lucky not to be caught earlier, of not for his issues I'm sure he'd have been locked up a lot longer.

Allegedly hasnt had legal access to his daughter since she was well before school aged.

The Collingwood Football Club?
Someone associated with a Collingwood flag would be associated with Collingwood? Likewise someone clad in a rainbow flag or linking constant rainbow symbols are associated to the political movement of that flag

So someone with a hammer and sickle are associated with right wingers? Or someone with a nazi flag association is somehow a leftist?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back