Toast SF = Collingwood 79-59 Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Went to the game and just watching the replay now. In our run of momentum but no reward (9 behinds in a row) there were obviously some unlucky moments ie AJ hitting the post.

But in all seriousness most of our issues came from having shots from 50 out. Everything else was perfect. Gotta get better looks.

I'm no so sure about this. I mean I get it, they missed heaps of goals. But should've had about 7 or 8 goals between them. Finish that work and they've had good games. Excellent even.
It's clear from hearing Mcrae speak, and reading thoughts on here, that fans are not looking at the big picture when they comment on players. They look purely at stats. Johnson had a few fumbles, but presented non stop and was super threatening. Hoskin Elliot runs up and down the wing all day long. Bianco was super reliant with his defensive running, and every stoppage was in the right spots. The only issue I have with any of them, is that WHE set shots have been pretty poor lately. It's a team game, there's 18 players running at every moment, only 1 can have the ball and they rely on the rest doing their jobs.

It's clear from hearing Mcrae speak, and reading thoughts on here, that fans are not looking at the big picture when they comment on players. They look purely The 31-year-old will play in his first preliminary final since his famous performance against Richmond in 2019, stats. Johnson had a few fumbles, but presented non stop and was super threatening. Hoskin Elliot runs up and down the wing all day long. Bianco was super reliant with his defensive running, and every stoppage was in the right spots. The only issue I have with any of them, is that WHE set shots have been pretty poor lately. It's a team game, there's 18 players running at every moment, only 1 can have the ball and they rely on the rest doing their jobs.
I'll take the coaches' view on players vs some of the views posted here anyday- eg go back and check some comments on Cox and Noble early in the season 🤣

The coaches have helped our players to improve astronomically this year. Some posters keep me astronomically amused with their dogmatic statements on players - but that's BF I guess.
Players would need a sense of humour if they ever venture here.

Last edited:
The issue will be Collingwood having to actually leave Victoria ……. Collingwood has played a massive 5 games outside of Victoria…. losing to Sydney and Brisbane , a fair win against a depleted Fremantle and falling across the line by 5 points to both Adelaide and Gold Coast) …. hardly sparkling on the road form. The SCG is a whole different story….
That Fremantle win was our most convincing win of the home and away season. Belittling our form because we didn't win by enough on the road against ordinary teams? Well in Melbourne we just got over Hawthorn, Essendon twice, Nth, etc...

Great shots. Loved the sequences of Ginnivan's left foot snap and also the De Goey fend off, followed by Maynards shepherd.
thankyou, much appreciated, yes me too!!!! feel free to go to the other albums, its all footy!!! the carlton game has a lot, and i havent actually finished editing them yet!!! i got a little excited!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, I woke up Sunday morning
With no way to hold my head that didn't hurt
And the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad
So I had one more for dessert
Then I stumbled through my kitchen to the lounge
And found my remote before I had a squirt
And I washed my face and combed my hair
And sat down to watch the footy replay.

I'd watched the game the night before
On telly seein' the dockers cop a whippin'.
Now it' on to Sydney next week
To give the swans a real good arse kickin'.

Thankyou for your appreciation of David Mundy at the game on Saturday.

It's clear from hearing Mcrae speak, and reading thoughts on here, that fans are not looking at the big picture when they comment on players. They look purely at stats. Johnson had a few fumbles, but presented non stop and was super threatening. Hoskin Elliot runs up and down the wing all day long. Bianco was super reliant with his defensive running, and every stoppage was in the right spots. The only issue I have with any of them, is that WHE set shots have been pretty poor lately. It's a team game, there's 18 players running at every moment, only 1 can have the ball and they rely on the rest doing their jobs.

This is me the other day. I commented on how I thought Bianco was no good. Then McRae in the press conference talking about how much Bianco was doing right; I'm not a dickhead who thinks they know more than the coach so I went back and re-watched the game.

This time, without emotion was much different. I did notice the little things. He is usually always in the right spot, he runs hard both ways, he backs teammates and presents an option in the heat to relieve their pressure, he shepherds.

Happy to be wrong.

This is me the other day. I commented on how I thought Bianco was no good. Then McRae in the press conference talking about how much Bianco was doing right; I'm not a dickhead who thinks they know more than the coach so I went back and re-watched the game.

This time, without emotion was much different. I did notice the little things. He is usually always in the right spot, he runs hard both ways, he backs teammates and presents an option in the heat to relieve their pressure, he shepherds.

Happy to be wrong.
Glad you changed your mind!
Not many do.

I’m yet to watch the replay.
But at the game, I thought he played well and I was surprised when I jumped on here and saw the vitriol directed his way.
Deft knock ons and some great fwd handballs in tight that got scoring chains moving.
The only big blunder I can recall was when he should have kicked it off the ground instead of taking possession and was tackled (which he compounded by not getting it OOB). Maybe there are more…but as I said, yet to watch the replay in analysis mode!!

The bit that most have missed, was in the dying stages when Frederick kicked that ridiculous goal from the boundary….there was Bianco in the square. Defensive winger who had worked super hard to get back and support. Big tick in my book at that stage of the game to do that.
If that ball doesn’t swing back, he takes a mark and saves a score.

I was down on him earlier in the year. But since he’s been moved to the wing. He’s improved steadily.
Kudos to him.

Went to the game and just watching the replay now. In our run of momentum but no reward (9 behinds in a row) there were obviously some unlucky moments ie AJ hitting the post.

But in all seriousness most of our issues came from having shots from 50 out. Everything else was perfect. Gotta get better looks.

Yeah very few of those nine consecutive behinds were gimmes.

Well, I woke up Sunday morning
With no way to hold my head that didn't hurt
And the beer I had for breakfast wasn't bad
So I had one more for dessert
Then I stumbled through my kitchen to the lounge
And found my remote before I had a squirt
And I washed my face and combed my hair
And sat down to watch the footy replay.

I'd watched the game the night before
On telly seein' the dockers cop a whippin'.
Now it' on to Sydney next week
To give the swans a real good arse kickin'.
You're not secretly Jim Morrison are you?

"Well, I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer."

Glad you changed your mind!
Not many do.

I’m yet to watch the replay.
But at the game, I thought he played well and I was surprised when I jumped on here and saw the vitriol directed his way.
Deft knock ons and some great fwd handballs in tight that got scoring chains moving.
The only big blunder I can recall was when he should have kicked it off the ground instead of taking possession and was tackled (which he compounded by not getting it OOB). Maybe there are more…but as I said, yet to watch the replay in analysis mode!!

The bit that most have missed, was in the dying stages when Frederick kicked that ridiculous goal from the boundary….there was Bianco in the square. Defensive winger who had worked super hard to get back and support. Big tick in my book at that stage of the game to do that.
If that ball doesn’t swing back, he takes a mark and saves a score.

I was down on him earlier in the year. But since he’s been moved to the wing. He’s improved steadily.
Kudos to him.
When Frederick kicked that, I thought Bianco had missed spoiling it, but watching the replay, he was no chance of reaching it.
As you point out, he was there to at least knock it through for a behind if it had been in reach.
He's a smart footballer, and still developing.
It's still early days, but he wasn't Chargers captain for no reason.

Give it a rest. There is no way this team would be in a Prelim without Buckley. The vast majority of them developed under his watch.

McRae has clearly assisted with that hectic go forward game style, but it wouldn't work this well if we didn't have a very sound defensive team that can provide great pressure.

Why give the truth a rest?? Buckley was not an elite coach. McRae clearly is.

It’s about time the Buckley sycophants gave it a rest.

I’ll take Neil Balme’s view over any Buckley apologist.

“Neil Balme, who was head of football at Geelong, Collingwood and Richmond, was pointed when requested what a former coach left for the brand new coach. “Stuff all actually, as a result of he’s gone,’’ Balme mentioned.

“Bomber Thompson was a damned good coach and Geelong have been a terrific membership and had good groups, however the subsequent bloke had to take over. He had to take management, work with the players, and the players with him, and that’s what Chris Scott did rather well. That’s what Fly (McRae) is doing additionally, little doubt.’’

Our defensive set up, especially from stoppage, is very different to when we were under Buckley.

McRae has actually changed what his defensive set up was in the first 9 rounds, which lead to our winning streak.

Just because you had a “defensive mindset” doesn’t mean you’ve helped out the next coach.

Fly and co have clearly re-educated the playing group, instilled a new game plan and gone 17-7 after going 6-16 in 2021, and started the year 2-9 under Buckley.

Honestly, its time Buckley fans took their hands off it and trying to rewrite history.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Why give the truth a rest?? Buckley was not an elite coach. McRae clearly is.

It’s about time the Buckley sycophants gave it a rest.

I’ll take Neil Balme’s view over any Buckley apologist.

“Neil Balme, who was head of football at Geelong, Collingwood and Richmond, was pointed when requested what a former coach left for the brand new coach. “Stuff all actually, as a result of he’s gone,’’ Balme mentioned.

“Bomber Thompson was a damned good coach and Geelong have been a terrific membership and had good groups, however the subsequent bloke had to take over. He had to take management, work with the players, and the players with him, and that’s what Chris Scott did rather well. That’s what Fly (McRae) is doing additionally, little doubt.’’

Our defensive set up, especially from stoppage, is very different to when we were under Buckley.

McRae has actually changed what his defensive set up was in the first 9 rounds, which lead to our winning streak.

Just because you had a “defensive mindset” doesn’t mean you’ve helped out the next coach.

Fly and co have clearly re-educated the playing group, instilled a new game plan and gone 17-7 after going 6-16 in 2021, and started the year 2-9 under Buckley.

Honestly, its time Buckley fans took their hands off it and trying to rewrite history.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You better ring the AFL, and ask them to request Bucks returns the 2018 Coach of the Year award.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back