Toast SF = Collingwood 79-59 Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Nowhere near enough love for Lipinkski’s game in here

Probably went under the radar a bit, but he was good last night. Thought early on with Crisp and DeGoey, really set the tone in the midfield. His 20 odd disposals, half were contested, so l thought he was really good.

Take that and run for the hills

Strange game where we had half the side outstanding. JDG, crisp, Daicos x2, Elliot, Pendles, cox, Howe, Moore all played great games

Bianco, whe, Johnson, mccerry, noble, Murphy very poor

We will need to play a lot better against swans
WTF? McCreey very poor . what game were
u watching . seriously get a f%^&in grip!! ( I won't bother on the others ..)

Pies only real weakness is against teams with 2 tall timber forwards who are also elite goal kickers... I think if Pies build up on that weakness so they can cover all types of forward lineups would be key to being a contender as Pendles approach his retirement season... help Moore out as Howe is on the wrong side of 30.

Fly's presser

Other than the result itself, what else pleased you about tonight's performance?

You made reference about what outsiders predicted Collingwood would do this year. What did you expect would happen during the off-season?

After a devastating loss to Geelong last week, how did you get the response tonight because the 1st quarter set the tone?

De Goey and Crisp in the middle filled the void of Adams. What did you make of them stepping up, especially De Goey?

When you kicked 9 or 10 consecutive behinds, is that a part of the mentality of the group to not stress about it or were you stressed?

Jack Ginnivan provided a spark up forward. Can you speak about how important he is to the team and how much impact he can have on the team as he did tonight.

What are your thoughts about heading to the SCG for a preliminary final?

Fremantle's ball movement was really stagnant. How did you see the defensive effort of your team?

Do you think Darcy Moore's two finals performances have been slightly underplayed?

First final series for some players, how proud are you of them being able to handle the occasion?

How have you managed to get more out of Mason Cox? His second half of the year has been good in the contest as well as the ruck.

How close was Darcy Moore to missing the game?

Did Moore suffer from cold or flu like symptoms?

Two senior players in Taylor Adams and Brodie Grundy weren't out there tonight. Could you explain what role they've had around the club not being able to play unfortunately.

How did Adams go in the box? He said on Thursday he may not even watch it.

A bit more of a comfortable margin tonight compared to all the close wins in the second half of the year.

What did you make of Trent Bianco's performance?

Can Collingwood win the Premiership?

Any injuries to come out of tonight?

So team focused - never about him for a single instance - such a great appointment - major bromance here
PS - Fly it's "don't LIE on the ground" - but that's ok - it's the only mistake you've made all year - (Robbo certainly wouldn't know)

Last edited:
Pies only real weakness is against teams with 2 tall timber forwards who are also elite goal kickers... I think if Pies build up on that weakness so they can cover all types of forward lineups would be key to being a contender as Pendles approach his retirement season... help Moore out as Howe is on the wrong side of 30.

Dean going down hurt this year

That's why we're going for McStay and Frampton

I don't know. Johnson's body language was very concerning. Whether it was the pressure of finals or he has personal problems, but his vibe was way off. Madgen as a forward is a very viable option.

Absolute rubbish and highly inappropriate to suggest he’s got personal problems.

Got into the game nicely after copping opposition pressurecearly. He was tackled early twice when the ball didn’t bounce for him, and the second time arguably he should have got a free because the tackle continued for far too long. He could have had four goals…. Missed three (two were difficult including an attempt at a scissor kick that he nearly nailed) whilst DeGoey took advantage and scored when he was paid a free dead in front. I reckon there was another goal where Johnson and another player could have raffled the mark.

I thought Noble was pretty good. He made a few howlers but so did many of our players. Bianco wasn't too bad either. At least he had a go. Johnson played like he didn't even care.

That's just Johnson's relaxed style. It's part of what makes him the player he is.

I was at the game and saw him land awkwardly at the end and he looked hurt. Hopefully just soreness and no damage. I’m sure he will be up for it next week.

Howe looked fine not long after. He was just winded is my guess.

I don't know. Johnson's body language was very concerning. Whether it was the pressure of finals or he has personal problems, but his vibe was way off. Madgen as a forward is a very viable option.

I think you're reading something into Johnson's body language that isn't there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Intense kicking practice this week I hope! With hecklers!

Then on to the SCG!

Round 22 we had flu rip through the team, and you could see our intensity was crap. We couldn’t stick a tackle all game. Plus no De Goey or Adams (don’t have Adams again but De Goey in current form is enormous).

We’re in this up to our eyeballs. It’ll be a different team up there next week.

Round 22 we had flu rip through the team, and you could see our intensity was crap. We couldn’t stick a tackle all game. Plus no De Goey or Adams (don’t have Adams again but De Goey in current form is enormous).

I hope so!

I’m from the Gold Coast and have already travelled to Melbourne twice in the last month for the Carlton game and then the Geelong game. Trying to convince my husband I need to get to Sydney too… currently looking around the house for things I can sell.

Couldn't agree more. To have a loss up there a few weeks back will do is the world of good for the PF.

I was a little bit worried we come out nervous and hesitant this week, but the boys showed no signs of that at all. We've got nothing to lose this week, let's bring the heat again and make the swans nervous.

There were a few very visible times he got nailed when 1:1 …

… but he’s an 8 game player and we can’t reasonably expect him to have a huge number of tricks in his kit bag yet. Probably not too much he can do about that quickly, but an off season learning dance moves with Bruzzy, Q, Noble, Moore and Murph should help.

65B1AAC4-D67B-4556-93BF-43CCF7259F1E.gif

Sorry for jumping in. But can I say what an irresistible brand of football your club are producing at the moment. Thoroughly deserved the win tonight.

But the main reason for my note, was to say thank you to the Collingwood players and supporters for the sendoff you gave David Mundy. He deserved nothing less. One of the fairest and nicest players to play our game: and your club responded to him being chaired off like it was his own home game. He will never forget that.

Thank you, and best of luck next week

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hey fella. When you see David out and about, tell him thanks for burying the tigers so many times with goals after the siren. Their salty tears sustain us! 🤤

Remove this Banner Ad

Back