AFLW SF4 vs Fremantle @Fremantle Oval Sat 21 March 1:40pm (WA Time)

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like fatigue from travelling four weeks in a row has finally caught up with us. I think we have nothing left to give this season.

Still a great effort from the girls to make finals this season and lots of lessons to take from their first finals appearance.

Outgunned and outskilled. Freo are the best team in the comp and we can see how far we need to go.

To make finals in our first season is nothing to sneeze at! Hopefully we can shed some of the roleplayers next season and pick up some better footy players to surround Yorston, Stanton, etc. Hopefully we don't lose anyone either.
From here on out, you’d hope both qld teams lose players who are retiring.

No excuses because I think Freo were simply the better skilled team today but I'd like to think they will give us a kinder draw next year in terms of travelling. Apparently Fremantle only left Perth twice this year and could very well win the premiership without having to leave Perth. That means they have played 5 games in Perth this year and 2 away. Meanwhile we only played 2 games on the Gold Coast and were forced to travel 5 times this season...

Do they have an AA team for AFLW?

Howarth and Bella the two potential candidates IMO.

Stanton too.

Howarth to get Rising Star

Usually awarded at the W Awards however they will probably be postponed this year..
[/QUOTE]
Whilst Stanton has been our best midfielder, I don't really think she's been in. the best 6-7 midfielders in the league.

We are s**t

I didn’t watch the game as was working but listened on SEN and sounds like the girls eventually ran out of gas after a gruelling 3 weeks on the road..

Fremantle are a beast of a team and have a good core of players that’s been playing together for a few years now!

If you look at Richmond they’re s**t
I’m pretty happy with the season, no real big names and a lot of young inexperienced girls

Absolute smashing
Bashed up
Tough day at the office
this will drive them in the off season to work harder and want to be better
Proud of this team
Gave us thrills in the pre season and are great role models
Thank you Rays Of Sunshine

Remove this Banner Ad

Back