Media SFA club season reviews- Roys FFC - now done!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Bears.png

LAS VEGAS BEARS

Christmas Bonus

Some experience at the top. Getting someone like Quivorir or pantskyle to captain the club in S25

Early call for Season 25
Bottom of the range again. I can't see them improving too much on field. Ladder position: 11th

It looks like I've been blacklisted from the Bears.

Roys.png

ROYS FFC

In a nutshell

The Roys season started off pretty well but things gradually got worse as they went. Finishing the season in 10th spot on the SFA ladder, the Roys also losing some names throughout the season makes the club in desperate need of some quality posters heading into season 25. nahnah joins the Wonders mid season and now finds himself at the Bombers, mike123 joins the Dragons and CALL ME SNAKE also joins the Bombers which leaves fitzroybowiedog and the Roys a little short handed for S25.

What worked
For once in the Roys existance, rookies worked. Bringing in Stoods and Matt_352 bought a new fresh look to the team whilst gaining xenxen in the Wonders trade mid-season continued their stance on bringing in quality rookies.

What failed
I might be jumping at the gun here but I am inclined to say the Roys culture. Why are so many posters wanting to leave the club at the end of S24? A mid-season trade which saw one of their best posters leave the club and join a rival whilst mike123 lasted one season. Maybe it's the new spam of rookies they had or maybe it's the Roys leadership group. Whatever it is, something is seriously wrong down at Royland.

Overall Rating: E
When you finish 3rd last on the ladder after starting well and losing 3 of your better posters throughout the season, you don't get a great rating.

The Captain
Despite being a good bloke fitzroybowiedog needs to question his approach towards his captaincy gig. Now I'm not down in the 4 walls at the Roys headquarters but from someone looking on the outside in, I can 100% say that the Roys are in a bit of trouble. Apart from a few rookies, they don't have much in terms of list. Fitzroybowiedog can argue all he likes, but he needs to overhaul the list of 'has beens' and bring in some quality posters.

The Leaders
Maybe it's the leaders that is the problem. Maybe they might be letting down their captain. Let's take a look at the Roys leadership group at the start of the season. Well all know that nahnah left mid-season on a trade to the Wonders, @mobbenfurher will always be around as the GodFather of the Sweet F.A, Klim posted half his season total in Round 1 so he wasn't seen for the better part of the season, A Bit High was around, Mighty P didn't post whatsoever throughout the season while Mooch and @Alikat can hold their heads high

MVP
Mooch could the man go back to back as winners of the Roys B&F? He had another oustanding season at full forward kicking 54 goals while averaging 19.8 posts per week finishing with 316 for the season. It's not hard having a great season for a poor club but Mooch being apart of the LG at the Roys can hold his head high

Surprise Packet
mike123 was probably the biggest one. I saw first hand his season last year and honestly thought his SFA career was on the downfall. His posting had dropped and his passion for the game seemed to die down a little. But his season this year at the Roys was nothing short of great. Averaging 39.4 posts per week and fininshing on a total of 630 just shows how much mike123 has left.

Get excited
Hopefully the Roys rookies can get a grip on what the SFA is all about. The guys like stoods, matt_352 and xenxen are a great threesome leading this club forward. They are the future, hold onto the for god sakes bowiedog.

Disappointment
The whole season apart from maybe the first couple of rounds.

Best win
Round 1 vs Dragons FFC - The Roys kicked started season 24 with a 50 point win over the Dragons. Perfect start to the year

Low point
Round 9 vs Sin City Swamprats - Taking on the bottom side at home and the Roys lost by 43 points

The Big Questions
Can the Roys bring in some quality posters? Experienced posters?
Can the Roys continue their rookie search. Too many old blokes in this side, rookies are the way of the future
Will Fitzroybowiedog keep his captaincy? Or should he give it up?
Will xenxen return to the Wonders one day? :p

Premiership Window
Currently shut. Too many passengers to fight for a flag. They need a serious list overhaul to fight for the flag

Who's done?
Delistings:
Everyone who had 10 posts or less for the season. They need a huge overhaul

Christmas Bonus
Whoever starts on the Roys list next season needs to finish on the Roys list next season. No matter player retention. Keep your squad together and build a culture where posters want to come to you

Early call for Season 25
I can't see them improving too much on field. Ladder position: 8th

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roys.png

ROYS FFC

In a nutshell

The Roys season started off pretty well but things gradually got worse as they went. Finishing the season in 10th spot on the SFA ladder, the Roys also losing some names throughout the season makes the club in desperate need of some quality posters heading into season 25. nahnah joins the Wonders mid season and now finds himself at the Bombers, mike123 joins the Dragons and CALL ME SNAKE also joins the Bombers which leaves fitzroybowiedog and the Roys a little short handed for S25.

What worked
For once in the Roys existance, rookies worked. Bringing in Stoods and Matt_352 bought a new fresh look to the team whilst gaining xenxen in the Wonders trade mid-season continued their stance on bringing in quality rookies.

What failed
I might be jumping at the gun here but I am inclined to say the Roys culture. Why are so many posters wanting to leave the club at the end of S24? A mid-season trade which saw one of their best posters leave the club and join a rival whilst mike123 lasted one season. Maybe it's the new spam of rookies they had or maybe it's the Roys leadership group. Whatever it is, something is seriously wrong down at Royland.

Overall Rating: E
When you finish 3rd last on the ladder after starting well and losing 3 of your better posters throughout the season, you don't get a great rating.

The Captain
Despite being a good bloke fitzroybowiedog needs to question his approach towards his captaincy gig. Now I'm not down in the 4 walls at the Roys headquarters but from someone looking on the outside in, I can 100% say that the Roys are in a bit of trouble. Apart from a few rookies, they don't have much in terms of list. Fitzroybowiedog can argue all he likes, but he needs to overhaul the list of 'has beens' and bring in some quality posters.

The Leaders
Maybe it's the leaders that is the problem. Maybe they might be letting down their captain. Let's take a look at the Roys leadership group at the start of the season. Well all know that nahnah left mid-season on a trade to the Wonders, @mobbenfurher will always be around as the GodFather of the Sweet F.A, Klim posted half his season total in Round 1 so he wasn't seen for the better part of the season, A Bit High was around, Mighty P didn't post whatsoever throughout the season while Mooch and @Alikat can hold their heads high

MVP
Mooch could the man go back to back as winners of the Roys B&F? He had another oustanding season at full forward kicking 54 goals while averaging 19.8 posts per week finishing with 316 for the season. It's not hard having a great season for a poor club but Mooch being apart of the LG at the Roys can hold his head high

Surprise Packet
mike123 was probably the biggest one. I saw first hand his season last year and honestly thought his SFA career was on the downfall. His posting had dropped and his passion for the game seemed to die down a little. But his season this year at the Roys was nothing short of great. Averaging 39.4 posts per week and fininshing on a total of 630 just shows how much mike123 has left.

Get excited
Hopefully the Roys rookies can get a grip on what the SFA is all about. The guys like stoods, matt_352 and xenxen are a great threesome leading this club forward. They are the future, hold onto the for god sakes bowiedog.

Disappointment
The whole season apart from maybe the first couple of rounds.

Best win
Round 1 vs Dragons FFC - The Roys kicked started season 24 with a 50 point win over the Dragons. Perfect start to the year

Low point
Round 9 vs Sin City Swamprats - Taking on the bottom side at home and the Roys lost by 43 points

The Big Questions
Can the Roys bring in some quality posters? Experienced posters?
Can the Roys continue their rookie search. Too many old blokes in this side, rookies are the way of the future
Will Fitzroybowiedog keep his captaincy? Or should he give it up?
Will xenxen return to the Wonders one day? :p

Premiership Window
Currently shut. Too many passengers to fight for a flag. They need a serious list overhaul to fight for the flag

Who's done?
Delistings:
Everyone who had 10 posts or less for the season. They need a huge overhaul

Christmas Bonus
Whoever starts on the Roys list next season needs to finish on the Roys list next season. No matter player retention. Keep your squad together and build a culture where posters want to come to you

Early call for Season 25
I can't see them improving too much on field. Ladder position: 8th
To be fair my track record for staying with clubs isn't great so I don't blame them for the reason I left I'm just a mercenary I guess.

stoods, matt_352 and xenxen
For sure these guys will lead the way next season, and add Barrels to that list too. We're delighted with all of them. And while we do have a few low posting veterans, we've got some very handy players who just haven't been able to contribute as much as they would have liked this season. But lookout for A Bit High, Azarole, Klim and ChookNorris to rise up again next season, while the ever presents like myself and the lovely Allikat continue to back up the best skipper in the league in fitzroybowiedog. Mobbenfuhrer, Wise Guy Sam, Chezzalenko Reborn and MannumPower will continue to pop up perhaps infrequently but with quality. Not to mention our as yet unannounced signing(s) that we're pretty excited about.

Every season there is talk of the Roys demise and every year we kick that talk's arse. We're still here, we'll still be here, and don't be surprised to see us book a finals spot next season. We got shafted big time this year by the sim but we will shall overcome.

For sure these guys will lead the way next season, and add Barrels to that list too. We're delighted with all of them. And while we do have a few low posting veterans, we've got some very handy players who just haven't been able to contribute as much as they would have liked this season. But lookout for A Bit High, Azarole, Klim and ChookNorris to rise up again next season, while the ever presents like myself and the lovely Allikat continue to back up the best skipper in the league in fitzroybowiedog. Mobbenfuhrer, Wise Guy Sam, Chezzalenko Reborn and MannumPower will continue to pop up perhaps infrequently but with quality. Not to mention our as yet unannounced signing(s) that we're pretty excited about.

Every season there is talk of the Roys demise and every year we kick that talk's arse. We're still here, we'll still be here, and don't be surprised to see us book a finals spot next season. We got shafted big time this year by the sim but we will shall overcome.
I’m blushing. And erect. I’m bluerect.

haydo I like end of season reviews, but that was one lacked an incredible amount of depth. It barely scratched below any of the surface.
I'm not saying things are perfect, we had a number of players get shafted with Real Life, it happens, but at no point do I think we are in trouble.
And our culture it works.
Look around the league, so many of the league leaders cut their teeth at the Roys, grew at the Roys, because we allow them to flourish, with no pressure, whatsoever. Why do you think so many clubs come knocking at our door for players, cause we breed the best. Itsmyshow, pantskyle, Broken, Willo_, Loonerty, RU_, nahnah, Freofalcon, CALL ME SNAKE, and even the returnees 3KZ is Football and Azarole. That's a formidable list.

We'll do what we do, top up and keep going about qooty our own way, not following the trends of the masses, but developing a culture that is actually distinct from the rest of the league.

But I suppose to each their own.

haydo I like end of season reviews, but that was one lacked an incredible amount of depth. It barely scratched below any of the surface.
I'm not saying things are perfect, we had a number of players get shafted with Real Life, it happens, but at no point do I think we are in trouble.
And our culture it works.
Look around the league, so many of the league leaders cut their teeth at the Roys, grew at the Roys, because we allow them to flourish, with no pressure, whatsoever. Why do you think so many clubs come knocking at our door for players, cause we breed the best. Itsmyshow, pantskyle, Broken, Willo_, Loonerty, RU_, nahnah, Freofalcon, CALL ME SNAKE, and even the returnees 3KZ is Football and Azarole. That's a formidable list.

We'll do what we do, top up and keep going about qooty our own way, not following the trends of the masses, but developing a culture that is actually distinct from the rest of the league.

But I suppose to each their own.
You acknowledged me.

Can I call you Daddy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back