SFA Golf Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep have seen that one. Nick Price, Nick Faldo and Nicklaus from memory. Pretty sure there are more.
I've just had a look.

Anyone that has Netflix, some episodes are there.

Tiger Woods
Greg Norman
Tom Watson
Ernie Els
Darren Clarke
Jack Nicklaus

They are Series 1

I've just had a look.

Anyone that has Netflix, some episodes are there.

Tiger Woods
Greg Norman
Tom Watson
Ernie Els
Darren Clarke
Jack Nicklaus

They are Series 1

Yeah I've watched Woods, Norman, Nicklaus and maybe Els in that series. They aren't too bad but tbh they left me wanting more. Seemed a little too short if you know what I mean

Fryer Tuck just so we don't clog up the match thread, refer below.

Cor blimey.

First of all: Fluke. Second of all: FLUKE.

Yeah, tell you one thing, I probably would've been all stroppy if I saw Mize's chip after Tway. That is super jammy, lol.

Also, I should've known you loved this. If I had a bit more time, I'd be in here too. Played a bit when I was younger, even made the school team (Though I was crap).

I just have no time to hit the links... but I tell you what, if I'm given the chance to watch the Golf on TV... heck yeah, mate, let's do this!

It's actually pretty good on TV.

Cor blimey.

First of all: Fluke. Second of all: FLUKE.

Yeah, tell you one thing, I probably would've been all stroppy if I saw Mize's chip after Tway. That is super jammy, lol.

Also, I should've known you loved this. If I had a bit more time, I'd be in here too. Played a bit when I was younger, even made the school team (Though I was crap).

I just have no time to hit the links... but I tell you what, if I'm given the chance to watch the Golf on TV... heck yeah, mate, let's do this!

It's actually pretty good on TV.

The Mize one broke my heart. That was either the 10th or 11th at Augusta, a bloody tough hole. Norman put his second shot just off the green. It was advantage Norman and most felt Mize would be lucky to make par and Norman would at worst 2 putt to win. The rest is history.

The Mize one broke my heart. That was either the 10th or 11th at Augusta, a bloody tough hole. Norman put his second shot just off the green. It was advantage Norman and most felt Mize would be lucky to make par and Norman would at worst 2 putt to win. The rest is history.
I guess I should be thankful I wasn't born just after 1958, beause I can only imagine that's what it would've been like.

That shot by Mize was just nuts. Pulled it out when he needed it the most.

Was Tway your earliest moment of heartbreak?

I guess I should be thankful I wasn't born just after 1958, beause I can only imagine that's what it would've been like.

That shot by Mize was just nuts. Pulled it out when he needed it the most.

Was Tway your earliest moment of heartbreak?

In my opinion the Mize one was the worst as quite frankly Norman probably would have won. From memory they took Mize back to that spot years later and he hardly got any chips close. Maybe he just wanted to win the Master's too much and it became an obsession. He won two major's but was a much better golfer than that.

Still remember a bunch of mates and I rocking up to school late because we stayed at a mates watching it. We were shattered.

Speaking of heartbreaks:

Missing out on the PGA card is one thing, but this is just a slap in the face.
I used to play juniors a lot with a mate and his older brother David Mckenzie went on to be a pro. He had one lip out in the exact same circumstances some years back.
He managed to get on the tour the next year. He’s doing quite well now as he’s just turned 50 and is playing on the US seniors tour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still remember a bunch of mates and I rocking up to school late because we stayed at a mates watching it. We were shattered.

My principal at school was also an avid golf fan and played at the same course that I did. He always used to cut us some slack around Master's time as he knew where we were and what we were doing....basically watching another heartbreaking Norman moment!

I used to play juniors a lot with a mate and his older brother David Mckenzie went on to be a pro. He had one lip out in the exact same circumstances some years back.
He managed to get on the tour the next year. He’s doing quite well now as he’s just turned 50 and is playing on the US seniors tour.

I remember David McKenzie but did not know he was playing on the Champions Tour. There is some good money to be made there and some bloody good golfers getting around.

I remember David McKenzie but did not know he was playing on the Champions Tour. There is some good money to be made there and some bloody good golfers getting around.
Yeah he’s doing well enough I think he’s earnt about $275k this year.
He’s always just done enough to keep going and flirted with giving the tours away at times I think.
But won a tournament in Fiji once, a couple of vic PGA’s and lost a playoff at the Aus Masters.
He had a few seasons where he just missed in the US secondary tours including that putt on 18 that lipped out and he finished 21st!
Then he got a year on the US tour but it hasn’t been an easy ride at all for nearly 30 years now. His brother Justin also became a pro but not to that level and would often be on his bag. I think he owns one of the house of golf shops and pretty sure is the pro at Yarra Valley.

Golf..... A good walk ruined
Ye shall make no friends in here Yakker.

Start an SFA fishing thread so I can post pics of the lovely stuff I've ever been catching lately!

Ye shall make no friends in here Yakker.

Start an SFA fishing thread so I can post pics of the lovely stuff I've ever been catching lately!
Ooooh good idea ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back