SFA Golf Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just to put things in perspective.

Brooks Koepka just stiffed a 7 iron to 10 feet on the 11th pin high. The hole was 196 yards so roughly 180 metres.

From 180 metre I could hit a 4 iron and it would need to be my best.

These blokes play a different game to us.

Just to put things in perspective.

Brooks Koepka just stiffed a 7 iron to 10 feet on the 11th pin high. The hole was 196 yards so roughly 180 metres.

From 180 metre I could hit a 4 iron and it would need to be my best.

These blokes play a different game to us.

180m is a 6iron 4 me,

I'd love to know what degree all the irons are that each player uses

I hit em ok, just my short game (due to lack of practice) that stops me getting down to a real low hdcp

Yeah that is the hard part. The real scores are from 100 metres in. If your short game isn’t up to scratch it is difficult.

Yeah that is the hard part. The real scores are from 100 metres in. If your short game isn’t up to scratch it is difficult.

I'm off about 7 but with a decent shortgame i reckon i could get down to 2

PS, just bought the new M3 5wood stiff flex. Pick it up Monday

I'm off about 7 but with a decent shortgame i reckon i could get down to 2

PS, just bought the new M3 5wood stiff flex. Pick it up Monday

That is a good mark. My official handicap is still 9 but I struggle to play to that anymore as I would be lucky to play 15 times a year now and never practice.

That is a good mark. My official handicap is still 9 but I struggle to play to that anymore as I would be lucky to play 15 times a year now and never practice.

I've practiced about once in 10 years and same, maybe 12-15 games a year

Apr 20, 2014
Brunch
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa
I'm off about 15 now. Can hit it a decent length, but only play 2-3 times a year.

Kids are at that age where it's sport, sport, sport.

Lowest mark 4, that was 30 years ago though.

Once the kids are out of my hair, if I could get to 7-8 I'd be happy.

180m?

5 iron for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huge end to the US Tour season tomorrow. Can Tiger complete one of the most incredible sporting comebacks and win? Looks like Rose will take out the FedEx Cup and it is well deserved. Such a consistent year. From memory two wins and around ten top 10 finishes.

Also very much looking forward to the Ryder Cup starting this Friday!

Huge end to the US Tour season tomorrow. Can Tiger complete one of the most incredible sporting comebacks and win? Looks like Rose will take out the FedEx Cup and it is well deserved. Such a consistent year. From memory two wins and around ten top 10 finishes.

Also very much looking forward to the Ryder Cup starting this Friday!
Not done and dusted yet. If Tiger wins he gets 2000 points.
2nd gives Rose 980 (and McIlroy) but 3rd is 490 (he'd just win still) but drop to 4th and Tiger will win it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back