SFA pets

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I’m pretty ordinary at starting threads. Actually I’m terrible.

The idea is that SFA players post pictures of their pets. I like animals so you’ll get a free like for a cool pet. Cats. Dogs. Ferrets. Seafood. I’m not fussy.

I’ll go first. I’m actually a lifelong dog person, but never got a puppy of my own because of work and stuff and I didn’t want a puppy to get lonely. So I decided to get a cat. Which turned into two cats so they could be company for each other. They are absolutely mad and cats turn out to be somewhat less low maintenance then I imagined.

So these guys are Ron Barassi and Stretchy (after Steven Stretch - though she is a girl)

2692C988-47E8-4A8A-A8BE-DB6F9213E652.jpeg
C8E46676-AED2-4000-8359-3C007DD1CE41.jpeg

Okay so let’s get some SFA pets happening here

Sure. Here's the famed Pugsley.

View attachment 825003
I love pugs. They are hilarious. With their goggly eyes looking out of crazy black faces. I used to live near a guy who took his bike out every day with two saddle bags and a pug in each one. I sort of hope you are that guy

I love pugs. They are hilarious. With their goggly eyes looking out of crazy black faces. I used to live near a guy who took his bike out every day with two saddle bags and a pug in each one. I sort of hope you are that guy

Ha, I don't think I could handle two pugs. He's a madman, loves his food but is also well exercised. We've heard people walking past him or out of their car where we live going "hey look, it's fitness pug" so he's got a few fans around here. None of the classic breathing issues you hear about as a result. However it does take three vets to trim his nails.

Do you actually call him that or does it get shortened? Not that there is a whole lot of point in calling cats
Sometimes it gets shortened to ‘Meowgi’, but you can tell this does not please him.

Ha, I don't think I could handle two pugs. He's a madman, loves his food but is also well exercised. We've heard people walking past him or out of their car where we live going "hey look, it's fitness pug" so he's got a few fans around here. None of the classic breathing issues you hear about as a result. However it does take three vets to trim his nails.
I thought pugs would be lazy. Just sit around and do nothing. I was very wrong. Our pug loves to run too.

I just remembered sausageroll is another pug man
True. This is Picachu...

20190125_163704.jpg

Picachu celebrating her 1st birthday last July...

1572180916462.jpg

I didn't want a pug but the missus really wanted one so I let her talk me into it. Really glad she did. Picachu is awesome.

*Yeah, I know Picachu is spelt incorrectly. We just went with the name the breeder gave her.

I thought pugs would be lazy. Just sit around and do nothing. I was very wrong. Our pug loves to run too.

Nah, they're really prone to bursts hey? The old zoomies. If you get a well bred pug, keep it fit and avoid the stereotypical fat pug thing they're a great dog, if not stinky. Your boy is a champ. I know for a fact you're holding a treat up in that second photo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cool thread Proper Gander. Here is our lot.

This is Buddy, he is a rescue dog. We rescued him twice. Once in 2016 and then again yesterday. Little *er cost us over $300 each time. Buddy likes long runs on the sand bars of the Pummicestone passage chasing pelicans, laying in the sun, finding creative ways to escape and obviously conspiring to bring about the financial collapse of our household.
1582056444627.jpeg

This is Sansa, we got her later in 2016 to keep Buddy occupied enough so that he wouldn’t escape (we saw it as an investment, well, a form of mitigation against bankruptcy at the least). Sansa loves swimming at the beach, following the humans around the house no matter what they are doing and laying at their feet, crash tackling Buddy and will eat anything, ANYTHING a human is eating at that very time however if you pull it out of the fridge as a left over she’s all of a sudden a picky little cow. Sansa also likes to usurp me for my partners affection..... Sansa may not be with us much longer .....

1582056774316.jpeg

This WAS Jake. Apparently Sansa thought he was human food..... just kidding. Jake had mental issues. Jake thought every human leg in the world was a scratching post and that whinging for food 24 hours a day was cute. He also thought his s**t didn’t stink! Jake was rehomed shortly after the arrival of Sansa. He now lives with a spinster who likes to dress him up in little hand made costumes... suck s**t Jake, I told you karma would get you!!!

1582057002407.jpeg

This is Buddy, he is a rescue dog. We rescued him twice. Once in 2016 and then again yesterday. Little f***er cost us over $300 each time. Buddy likes long runs on the sand bars of the Pummicestone passage chasing pelicans, laying in the sun, finding creative ways to escape and obviously conspiring to bring about the financial collapse of our household.
View attachment 825197

This is Sansa, we got her later in 2016 to keep Buddy occupied enough so that he wouldn’t escape (we saw it as an investment, well, a form of mitigation against bankruptcy at the least). Sansa loves swimming at the beach, following the humans around the house no matter what they are doing and laying at their feet, crash tackling Buddy and will eat anything, ANYTHING a human is eating at that very time however if you pull it out of the fridge as a left over she’s all of a sudden a picky little cow. Sansa also likes to usurp me for my partners affection..... Sansa may not be with us much longer .....

View attachment 825199

This WAS Jake. Apparently Sansa thought he was human food..... just kidding. Jake had mental issues. Jake thought every human leg in the world was a scratching post and that whinging for food 24 hours a day was cute. He also thought his s**t didn’t stink! Jake was rehomed shortly after the arrival of Sansa. He now lives with a spinster who likes to dress him up in little hand made costumes... suck s**t Jake, I told you karma would get you!!!

View attachment 825201
Poor Jake! Still, handmade costumes. If you are going to be humiliated then it’s good to know that some effort has gone into it

I’m pretty ordinary at starting threads. Actually I’m terrible.

The idea is that SFA players post pictures of their pets. I like animals so you’ll get a free like for a cool pet. Cats. Dogs. Ferrets. Seafood. I’m not fussy.

I’ll go first. I’m actually a lifelong dog person, but never got a puppy of my own because of work and stuff and I didn’t want a puppy to get lonely. So I decided to get a cat. Which turned into two cats so they could be company for each other. They are absolutely mad and cats turn out to be somewhat less low maintenance then I imagined.

So these guys are Ron Barassi and Stretchy (after Steven Stretch - though she is a girl)

View attachment 825000
View attachment 825001

Okay so let’s get some SFA pets happening here
Sure. Here's the famed Pugsley.

View attachment 825003
True. This is Picachu...

View attachment 825043

Picachu celebrating her 1st birthday last July...

View attachment 825044

I didn't want a pug but the missus really wanted one so I let her talk me into it. Really glad she did. Picachu is awesome.

*Yeah, I know Picachu is spelt incorrectly. We just went with the name the breeder gave her.

This is Buddy, he is a rescue dog. We rescued him twice. Once in 2016 and then again yesterday. Little f***er cost us over $300 each time. Buddy likes long runs on the sand bars of the Pummicestone passage chasing pelicans, laying in the sun, finding creative ways to escape and obviously conspiring to bring about the financial collapse of our household.
View attachment 825197

View attachment 825199

View attachment 825201
Oh my god, my heart.

Best thread PG.

Yo AuntyB

I’m sure you’ll love this as much as I do ❤

This is Charlotte or Lotty for short. A beautiful old soul.
9471_192989280841495_129835563_n.jpg
IMG_1673.JPG
IMG_3279.JPG

This is Tuddy or Tuddles Von Schmiter Kaufenschluppz III jnr for short. A recent foster dog that I decided to keep within 5 minutes. I need to get my camera out and take some proper photos of him. He is massive for a greyhound and built like a brick shithouse.
IMG_20200219_142108.jpg
IMG_20200219_141921.jpg
IMG_20200219_142009.jpg

And this is Grumpy Guts. The biggest a-hole in the world.
IMG20190517175051.jpg

Best thread ever.

This is Charlotte or Lotty for short. A beautiful old soul.
View attachment 825390
View attachment 825391
View attachment 825393

This is Tuddy or Tuddles Von Schmiter Kaufenschluppz III jnr for short. A recent foster dog that I decided to keep within 5 minutes. I need to get my camera out and take some proper photos of him. He is massive for a greyhound and built like a brick shithouse.
View attachment 825395
View attachment 825396
View attachment 825397

And this is Grumpy Guts. The biggest a-hole in the world.
View attachment 825399

Best thread ever.
Charlotte is beautiful, Bear. I like that she can do sticking upwards ears and folded back ears. I actually think it would be excellent to do more things with ears.

The scaley thing is also quite handsome in a prehistoric kind of way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back