SFA pets

Remove this Banner Ad

Terrible to hear about her conditions but amazing at what a loving home can do to a animal
Yeah all ours are rescues, 2 from death row. We used to have dogs too but they all eventually died from extreme old age. We’ve always been an animal house.

No idea, she was on death row at the pound, a street cat. A lady saved her life, bought her down to Melbourne as a rescue and we adopted her. It took a year for her to even let us near her but shes confident now :) Not a lap cat but loves a good scratch. She has a lush life lol. She was skin and bone at the pound 😢
My guys aren’t lap cats but like a scratch or a pat.

Good on you! She’s lovely. Must have some royal or British genes somewhere because I understand (from a very boring person) that the blue fur is a recessive gene, so you probably have a neglected, escapee royal person on your hands.

I like cats. I have a terminally nervy cat that I literally left alone for a year because she didn’t want people near her. And she’s lovely and can approach for a chin scratch or a pat, but doesn’t like being held or picked up. It’s great though. Except her new ability is to sit in front of the television when I’m streaming Netflix

My guys aren’t lap cats but like a scratch or a pat.

Good on you! She’s lovely. Must have some royal or British genes somewhere because I understand (from a very boring person) that the blue fur is a recessive gene, so you probably have a neglected, escapee royal person on your hands.

I like cats. I have a terminally nervy cat that I literally left alone for a year because she didn’t want people near her. And she’s lovely and can approach for a chin scratch or a pat, but doesn’t like being held or picked up. It’s great though. Except her new ability is to sit in front of the television when I’m streaming Netflix

I can just imagine... "oh, were you watching that?"

Can you imagine in a parallel universe that our pets are talking about us on some forum
I don’t Facebook anymore. But a decade ago I did, because it was the thing. Well, a thing anyway. And I had a cat called Fang who was really cool. Someone got me to create a “catbook” profile for him, and within a week he had more friends then me (not hard mind). But all of his ‘friends’ turn out to be obvious psychos who spend their days online pretending to post in the voice of their cat - or, in one case, their ferret, to talk about tuna. Plus all the hilarious misspells that people do to indicate a cat speaking, even though it’s very obviously a person with issues manning the keyboard. It was ******* ridiculous and a big part of why I don’t Facebook (or catbook).

Thank you and goodnight. I’m needed in an imaginary football match about now.

I don’t Facebook anymore. But a decade ago I did, because it was the thing. Well, a thing anyway. And I had a cat called Fang who was really cool. Someone got me to create a “catbook” profile for him, and within a week he had more friends then me (not hard mind). But all of his ‘friends’ turn out to be obvious psychos who spend their days online pretending to post in the voice of their cat - or, in one case, their ferret, to talk about tuna. Plus all the hilarious misspells that people do to indicate a cat speaking, even though it’s very obviously a person with issues manning the keyboard. It was ******* ridiculous and a big part of why I don’t Facebook (or catbook).

Thank you and goodnight. I’m needed in an imaginary football match about now.
Geez there’s some bloody crazies out there, eh Gander?

*In a soft, David Attenborough-esque voice*

Meanwhile, in The Club Room, a native Warthogfursealbabyvelvethippo rests in its natural habitat, waiting for its human slaves to cook it some chicken.

It hasn’t eaten in hours, and is starving, as this picture clearly encapsulates.

Now be extremely quiet, we don’t want to startle it. The gaseous emissions from this particular Warthogfursealbabyvelvethippo’s anus could clear an entire village, so we best be on our tip-toes.

982DB10C-ABAA-4A29-8A73-13E37664A334.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok... it's time for us to get a dog. Anyone have any suggestions on where and who and why and when (a part from a shelter)

Labrador for preference

Great choice as a beaut, smart and loving companion.

So true

I'm hoping for a slightly older one though so shelters are still very much on the list

and I don't object to a Lab mix either

If you go lab mix, have a think about the cross being a leaner type bow wow.

thank you
Most welcome.
So true

I'm hoping for a slightly older one though so shelters are still very much on the list

and I don't object to a Lab mix either
I’m sure the Lab retriever club of Victoria can assist you if you want to go down the path of adoption.

One of the very few shining lights during covid is that there were an unprecedented amount of adoptions and purchases of puppies due to people WFH that there is a rather long waiting list nowadays.

Labs are an outstanding choice of hound, the perennial puppy.

My all time favourite dog was owned by some mates. Olive was a curly haired black retriever (with maybe a bit of lab). She was so smart she was an eloquent communicator. She was bred in Pakistan, moved with my mates to Malawi and thence to Costa Rica. Have lost the video (but may have posted it here) of Olive body surfing in the Pacific the year before she died.

Hows everyone's animal friends going?

Ok... it's time for us to get a dog. Anyone have any suggestions on where and who and why and when (a part from a shelter)

Labrador for preference
Obviously not a Labrador, but I can not recommend retired racing greyhounds enough. The absolute best breed I've ever had.

Don't shed much, don't smell, sleep 18 hours a day if you let them, very loving, very loyal, very deserving of a happy life.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back