SFA pets

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously not a Labrador, but I can not recommend retired racing greyhounds enough. The absolute best breed I've ever had.

Don't shed much, don't smell, sleep 18 hours a day if you let them, very loving, very loyal, very deserving of a happy life.

very true

Holy sh*t, you’re a mod now?!?!

View attachment 1091387
Request to help out Melbourne board happened after I’d had a few. Mind you, it’s going gangbusters at the moment. Melbourne board is a place of footy fun and jolly japes! Change your team and you can be a part of our journey, ABV!

After getting a tumour cut out a few months ago our dog Max is succumbing to cancer. Just have to try and make him comfortable now :'(
Awwww sorry to hear that, it’s such a tough time when you lose a furry family member, I hope Max goes quickly and peacefully.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank you Woosh
All the best. We lost all 3 of our dogs in the last few years, 2 just old age (18 and 16) and one to a brain tumour (14) and our other dogs in years before them. It always hurts and it never gets easier, it’s always good to look on the happy side, they were loved, spoilt, safe and happy...that’s the best comfort you can give yourself :)

All the best. We lost all 3 of our dogs in the last few years, 2 just old age (18 and 16) and one to a brain tumour (14) and our other dogs in years before them. It always hurts and it never gets easier, it’s always good to look on the happy side, they were loved, spoilt, safe and happy...that’s the best comfort you can give yourself :)

If he was in his teens I think we would feel better, but he is only 10. Just a few weeks back the vet said he had a good 5 years or so to look forward to. Then on Good Friday we noticed another tumour...the speed these things grow is unsettling. The vet said either they didn't do a good job cutting the last tumour out or he has an aggressive cancer somewhere else and it's spread. With poor Max, he never developed properly, was in a perpetual puppy stage, Even a bitch on heat next door didn't bother him. Never seen him try to shag anything either as male dogs do, so I never bothered getting him neutered. He never tries to run off like un-neutered males do either, if he goes through an open gate we just say "Max get back in here" and he does. Thinking back he really has been a lovely dog and we feel sad. I found him dumped on the side of the highway a couple of days after Christmas 2010. He was in the middle of the road trying to catch cars that went past him. Everyone slowed down and kept going...I stopped. He was just a tiny pup I reckon about 6 weeks old :(

If he was in his teens I think we would feel better, but he is only 10. Just a few weeks back the vet said he had a good 5 years or so to look forward to. Then on Good Friday we noticed another tumour...the speed these things grow is unsettling. The vet said either they didn't do a good job cutting the last tumour out or he has an aggressive cancer somewhere else and it's spread. With poor Max, he never developed properly, was in a perpetual puppy stage, Even a b*tch on heat next door didn't bother him. Never seen him try to shag anything either as male dogs do, so I never bothered getting him neutered. He never tries to run off like un-neutered males do either, if he goes through an open gate we just say "Max get back in here" and he does. Thinking back he really has been a lovely dog and we feel sad. I found him dumped on the side of the highway a couple of days after Christmas 2010. He was in the middle of the road trying to catch cars that went past him. Everyone slowed down and kept going...I stopped. He was just a tiny pup I reckon about 6 weeks old :(
Very sad, but he got lucky on that road :)

If he was in his teens I think we would feel better, but he is only 10. Just a few weeks back the vet said he had a good 5 years or so to look forward to. Then on Good Friday we noticed another tumour...the speed these things grow is unsettling. The vet said either they didn't do a good job cutting the last tumour out or he has an aggressive cancer somewhere else and it's spread. With poor Max, he never developed properly, was in a perpetual puppy stage, Even a b*tch on heat next door didn't bother him. Never seen him try to shag anything either as male dogs do, so I never bothered getting him neutered. He never tries to run off like un-neutered males do either, if he goes through an open gate we just say "Max get back in here" and he does. Thinking back he really has been a lovely dog and we feel sad. I found him dumped on the side of the highway a couple of days after Christmas 2010. He was in the middle of the road trying to catch cars that went past him. Everyone slowed down and kept going...I stopped. He was just a tiny pup I reckon about 6 weeks old :(
I remember you telling me this story man.

Zeus is sending his love.

3E0DCF1A-E8F6-4B88-B2CE-06389E029AB5.jpeg

Life rarely is my friend.

Every time someone I know has to say goodbye to a pooch or a furry friend and they say that’s it’s not fair, dogs/cats don’t live long enough, I always tell them the same thing.

The reason that they don’t live as long as humans is that they are already born inherently good and able to love unconditionally, whereas it takes us people a lifetime to learn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back