SFA Tennis Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Too early? Dont know about that, Tiafoe and Tsitsipas have performed better than him at grand slams now.
Yeah, just meant maybe he's not as mentally ready for a 2 weeker as I thought.

Lleyton was firing at 20 and destroyed Roger early. Roger switched on at 21-22. Before that he was a *******.

Gotta say, as disappointing as he was, I really enjoyed Zverev's brain explosion.

I thought he might really push here, still too early I guess.

Probably just one of those players that’s is just not good enough. I thought he’d come on too

Just a 5yo kid that didn't get an ice cream.

Probably but still players won't go off unless it was building the whole match. Will be interesting to see what is said by all parties

Probably but still players won't go off unless it was building the whole match. Will be interesting to see what is said by all parties
99.9% of players deal with it mate. And he needs to learn, fast.

I just don't get why anyone defends this prick. He's an unbelievable talent, actually a ridiculous talent. On ability, he should already be the winner of a Slam.

Roger was a flog whe he was young, he grew up. Lleyton.....grew up. This bloke just isn't growing up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

99.9% of players deal with it mate. And he needs to learn, fast.

I just don't get why anyone defends this prick. He's an unbelievable talent, actually a ridiculous talent. On ability, he should already be the winner of a Slam.

Roger was a flog whe he was young, he grew up. Lleyton.....grew up. This bloke just isn't growing up.

He’s still young though. Has been a lot better for the past 12 months. He probably made a mistake most players do. Disagree on him winning a Slam by now- he’s not fit enough yet. Takes most players till they are well into their 20’s to be fit enough to get 7 best of 5 set matches. It’s very tough. He’s exhausted playing 5 best of 3 matches as he relies heavily on his serve and his return game needs improvement to make it easier.

He’s still young though. Has been a lot better for the past 12 months. He probably made a mistake most players do. Disagree on him winning a Slam by now- he’s not fit enough yet. Takes most players till they are well into their 20’s to be fit enough to get 7 best of 5 set matches. It’s very tough. He’s exhausted playing 5 best of 3 matches as he relies heavily on his serve and his return game needs improvement to make it easier.
He's not fit enough because he doesn't work hard enough. It really is that simple.

In his podcast with Ben Rothenberg this week (well worth a listen) he actually admits he just doesn't work as hard as the top guys.
Roger won his first Slam at 21 and 3 more at 22, Hewitt at 20 and 21, Nick is 24. So this excuse of not being fit enough is horse s**t.

I'm sorry, there's no excuses. You defend him all you want. The bloke admits he doesn't work as hard. He almost always behaves like a prat.
There's nothing wrong with fiery, but there's a lot wrong with dick head.

Nick isnt interested in working out like the other pro players.

I still havent listened to his interview with Ben, heard it was interesting and worth listening.

Anyway French Open starts next week!

My favourite Grand Slam to be honest!

Tips:

MEN: Nadal- Djokovic the danger probably, market has it right.

WOMEN: Svitolina (just a just feeling) Sevastova (good roughie), or Muguruza (her favourite surface. Don't think Halep wins in her form.

Tips:

WOMEN: Svitolina (just a just feeling) Sevastova (good roughie), or Muguruza (her favourite surface. Don't think Halep wins in her form.
Really, it's your favourite?

I'm an old stick in the mud, I like the tradition of Wimbledon. HAve been quite a few times. I saw Pat Cash's last ever singles game there against one of the Black brothers from Zimbabwe (either 97 or 98, it's fuzzy)

But one of my favourite champions excelled at the French. Was a massive Guga fan.

1558475556296.png

I'm an old stick in the mud, I like the tradition of Wimbledon. HAve been quite a few times. I saw Pat Cash's last ever singles game there against one of the Black brothers from Zimbabwe (either 97 or 98, it's fuzzy)

But one of my favourite champions excelled at the French. Was a massive Guga fan.

View attachment 678263

Yeah it is my favourite, just love clay court tennis so maybe I'm bias there. Wimbledon would be my second one. Those two are clearly the top 2 and it's not close.

Last edited:

View attachment 678263
Guga will always be my favourite French Open champion!

After all the Kyrgios talk, he has decided to pull out of the French Open due to injury.

Tips:

Have you seen the draw?

Rd1: Svitolina v Venus lol

I think Svitolina should win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back